[3.2] Ngahamu's Saboteur Build, A Melee Build

"
Although it may seem like going for an Saboteur is good, its really not.

Notes -

1. You dont grab pointblank which is 50% more damage since always the ngamahu balls are landing on top of their targets and it does not have any drawback to the build.

2. on your character sabohamuslift you are wearing an opal ring but because you are using a thief's torment you dont benefit from that opal ring at all....

The line - can't use other rings

3. Your effective crit chance is 4.5% on molten burst, 6% on cyclone

Thats an average of 6 crits per 100 hits on cyclone, and n average of 4 crits per 100 molten bursts.

On bosses this means holding elemental overload is something that you wont be able to consistently do. Or in the time you take to ramp up and land a crit you could have been doing much more damage if your tree/build was different and more consistent.

4. Something you forget is that bosses are heavily curse resistant and a majority of your damage is coming from the curse flammability.

If you plug your character into PathOfBuilding you will see that your actual dps is

cyclone - 69k
molten burst - 12k

against bosses.

Compared to if you were running something closer to my build guide -
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1795959/page/1

I have like triple your average dps and i've also made a guide for ngamahu.

5. Your passive tree has almost no jewel sockets while you actually have alot of sockets in your grasp that you dont grab.

All in all being a sabetour is pointless as you dont grab anything that really matters for playing a ngamahu build.

You dont have alot of fire pen, you dont have alot of the ele wed pen nodes, you dont have dodge, you dont have pointblank, you dont have iron grip. ETC ETC

blind = https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blind

50% less chance to be hit from an attack.

This provides absolutely no benefit to spells or damage over time abilities.

=======================================================

All in all

Going saboteur is a bad choice and thats not an opinion its a fact.

You have raider, scion(raider/champion or slayer), champion, cheiftain, and a few other ascendancy options that all make much much stronger overall builds then going as saboteur.

You need to focus on whether or not you wanna do ngamahu, because if you actually want to make a build around ngamahu you need to invest in it correctly and make the tree based around the build.

Jewel sockets are important and you can get alot of damage from them as well as life /resist etc.

You cannot use two rings if you are use theif's torment. So you bought an opal ring for no reason on that character.

Your dps against trash isnt really important compared to your single target dps.

Using path of building to check your stats really shows the weakness of having a build where using curses is your main source of damage increase.

Blind is a great defense and you can get it from abyss jewels as well as an assortment of unique items, however on its own its utter trash.

You need to layer your defenses if you plan on doing end game content.

I've already made a build guide for ngamahu explaining everything in depth with the dps numbers to handle all content in the game.

You're free to look at it and try it out if you want to see what a real ngamahu build feels and plays like.

Your build picks ascendant raider, you go to acrobatics and not phase acrobatics (ALWAYS worth taking when you're at acrobatics) and it's 2 points off max level which is unreasonable. When you make a guide, aim for 107~ points and let people assume the last few nodes.
Your tree is extremely generic and relies on xoph's blood..
Maybe you should look at a few guides before you speak?
Just a few tips for you before getting to arrogant.
Here's to support first timer build guide. Keep up the good work.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
"
Although it may seem like going for an Saboteur is good, its really not.

Notes -

1. You dont grab pointblank which is 50% more damage since always the ngamahu balls are landing on top of their targets and it does not have any drawback to the build.

2. on your character sabohamuslift you are wearing an opal ring but because you are using a thief's torment you dont benefit from that opal ring at all....

The line - can't use other rings

3. Your effective crit chance is 4.5% on molten burst, 6% on cyclone

Thats an average of 6 crits per 100 hits on cyclone, and n average of 4 crits per 100 molten bursts.

On bosses this means holding elemental overload is something that you wont be able to consistently do. Or in the time you take to ramp up and land a crit you could have been doing much more damage if your tree/build was different and more consistent.

4. Something you forget is that bosses are heavily curse resistant and a majority of your damage is coming from the curse flammability.

If you plug your character into PathOfBuilding you will see that your actual dps is

cyclone - 69k
molten burst - 12k

against bosses.

Compared to if you were running something closer to my build guide -
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1795959/page/1

I have like triple your average dps and i've also made a guide for ngamahu.

5. Your passive tree has almost no jewel sockets while you actually have alot of sockets in your grasp that you dont grab.

All in all being a sabetour is pointless as you dont grab anything that really matters for playing a ngamahu build.

You dont have alot of fire pen, you dont have alot of the ele wed pen nodes, you dont have dodge, you dont have pointblank, you dont have iron grip. ETC ETC

blind = https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blind

50% less chance to be hit from an attack.

This provides absolutely no benefit to spells or damage over time abilities.

=======================================================

All in all

Going saboteur is a bad choice and thats not an opinion its a fact.

You have raider, scion(raider/champion or slayer), champion, cheiftain, and a few other ascendancy options that all make much much stronger overall builds then going as saboteur.

You need to focus on whether or not you wanna do ngamahu, because if you actually want to make a build around ngamahu you need to invest in it correctly and make the tree based around the build.

Jewel sockets are important and you can get alot of damage from them as well as life /resist etc.

You cannot use two rings if you are use theif's torment. So you bought an opal ring for no reason on that character.

Your dps against trash isnt really important compared to your single target dps.

Using path of building to check your stats really shows the weakness of having a build where using curses is your main source of damage increase.

Blind is a great defense and you can get it from abyss jewels as well as an assortment of unique items, however on its own its utter trash.

You need to layer your defenses if you plan on doing end game content.

I've already made a build guide for ngamahu explaining everything in depth with the dps numbers to handle all content in the game.

You're free to look at it and try it out if you want to see what a real ngamahu build feels and plays like.

Tbh mate i dont think his build is meant to be the best dps build in the world, just a fun build and a unique approach so please keep your build in its own build guild Thanks.
Thanks for the support everyone :D this build has shit stomped all the content up to tier 16 so far.
Youtubes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdP4vW0IX2KVcut_x2jubsw
Twitch: twitch.tv/sir_liftalot
"
distort3d wrote:
You should really be following a few guides, and learning the game better before you start writing guides for other people.

* Your tree pathing is super questionable. You skip 2pt jewels and a lot of wasted points
* Are you able to run red maps? shaper? elder?
* You should consider alternate ascendancies, especially when you only use 2 out of 4

The other comments you've received are super helpful. Hopefully you read them and learn from them.

lol doubt it

the noobie with a ton of supporter packs hasn't even acknowledged my response.

should have already known anyone making a ngamahu saboteur and posting a "guide" is too far gone.

Hopeless
"

Your build picks ascendant raider, you go to acrobatics and not phase acrobatics (ALWAYS worth taking when you're at acrobatics) and it's 2 points off max level which is unreasonable. When you make a guide, aim for 107~ points and let people assume the last few nodes.
Your tree is extremely generic and relies on xoph's blood..
Maybe you should look at a few guides before you speak?
Just a few tips for you before getting to arrogant.

My build does go phase acrobatics idk why you cant see it

"Your tree is extremely generic and relies on xoph's blood"

HA

not only is ur "extremly generic" a joke of a comment considering that I was the first person to post a build guide explaining and showing how to actually build around ngamahu, but it is far from generic thanks though.

Xophs blood is also easy to obtain and is the reason my build is pumping out millions of dps

I guess my blueprint has been spread to alot of people since then and people forget where the original came from.

My guide has over 70 pages of comments and has been the most popular ngamahu build guide since breach.

With many people posting videos completing shaper, uber atziri etc.

Not to mention I have build guides going back past 1.3 and have had my builds stolen for build of the week multiple times.

Either way dont need ur advice noobie
Last edited by Bloomania on May 4, 2018, 3:59:10 PM
Mr benjaminbona, is your ego really that fragile?
What to buy? Just got an ex dropped.
Just killed Uber Elder with this build, just used Arc trap instead of cyclone and ngamahu, thank you for guide!
"
Expulsive3 wrote:
Just killed Uber Elder with this build, just used Arc trap instead of cyclone and ngamahu, thank you for guide!

Haha, golden!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info