[3.2] Zein's Oni-Goroshi Flicker Boss Killer | All Mods | Guardians Down | Budget-friendly

Hey guys, not sure if anyone would remember me from last league where I posted a few Oni-goroshi builds ranging from Reave to Cyclone.

I ended up finalizing myself as a Flicker Strike slayer that utilized Golden Rule and Red Trail uniques to get permanent frenzy stacks for permanent Flicker. It was extremely fun to play, and did guardians very very well.

Though, I had a personal flaw in that I could never kill Hydra last league, but the first map I ran when I hit level 90 was a Lair of the Hydra and got my first Flicker Hydra kill!
I definitely think this variant is more comfortable since I can just alchemy any map and run it at 0 risk to myself.

IF ENOUGH PEOPLE WANT IT, I'LL MAKE A VIDEO GUIDE

I'll make this short and sweet.

0. Videos and tl;dr
1. Concept
2. Pros and Cons
3. Bandits
4. Ascendancy and Pantheons
5. Skill Tree
6. Gear
7. Links
8. Leveling

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V_uuUpzWkU

tl;dr guide
PoB pastebin

https://pastebin.com/gEjhpSug

tl;dr Gear

Kaom's isn't required. Rest of the build can be cheap, just cap your res and get life on your rares. WED is a luxury. Taste of Hate not required either.

tl;dr Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAJfBS0GIAaiCdkNjQ48EPAUTRRxF9wYkRm0GlUbqiBZIq8j0yP2JP0qOC5TMHwxsDWSNug31DhTOlI64T7PQzFEJUd-Sn1M_02STeNOKlFHWK9aGluvXzlg3mEhYxdlTWegaGVqk28nbzt0oHTtdqx253gNePl6737dfyuBOoGsggeE74Zgh3aK8I19jbmPYJJ9mG-aapsto4qkDKZXqLupbq2NsKu18ryfvTa95r6nwBrBB8MzxILKRsv1z37Tb9RS137Yvdl82sHcI9y94q3jn-Rq5c_nD-dU6UbqGO0_7g7yQfJF8lrz3fcy93346_xL_MX9bv4K_o__3g%3D%3D

Concept

Last league this was ideal with Slayer due to all the leech benefits and passive melee splash support. Unfortunately, 3.2 killed that because "Leech effects aren't removed at full life" became gated by "You are immune to bleeding while leeching". Thus no self-bleed, and no frenzy.

But fortunately, Ascendant came through with Overleech as a Slayer. Immunity to both reflects from Elementalist and Slayer.

Now the actual core of the build is self-bleed.
We run nodes in tree to get bleed chance with swords, and potentially Haemophilia for even more. We socket in a Golden Rule gem to reflect the bleed back to ourselves. Then with
we gain a frenzy charge for every single hit while we're bleeding.

We mitigate the self bleed damage by reaching up to 99% converstion (90% is fine but a bit less safe). IF YOU GET TO 100% CONVERSION YOU CANNOT INFLICT BLEED.

We reach this 99% by using Phys to Lightning support(50%), The node RIGHT BEFORE WINTER SPIRIT (20%) and a Watcher's eye with LESS THAN 30% conversion, mine is 29%.

50+20+29 = 99. My bleed does like 2 damage so the degen doesn't matter.

Oni-goroshi is then mitigated by all of our leech effects. I never drop below max hp.

Pros and Cons

Pros:
+Budget-friendly.
+High-DPS when fully buffed up
+Very easy to play
+Extremely fast map clearing
+Extremely easy time bossing
+ALL MODS
Cons:
-Sometimes flicker forces you to backtrack
-Motion Sickness
-Still need to dodge sometimes

Bandits

We help Alira. Straightforward there.

Ascendancy and Pantheons [IMPORTANT]

Ascendancy is simple:
Slayer first
Elementalist next
Duelist start third

PANTHEON:
Major god doesn't matter
Minor god you NEED Soul of Shakari with a Captured Terror of the Infinite Darts

We need this for poision immunity because a strong sword wheel on the ranger side
gives us change to poison and without the immunity we'd die to our self poison.

Skill trees

POE tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAJfBS0GIAaiCdkNjQ48EPAUTRRxF9wYkRm0GlUbqiBZIq8j0yP2JP0qOC5TMHwxsDWSNug31DhTOlI64T7PQzFEJUd-Sn1M_02STeNOKlFHWK9aGluvXzlg3mEhYxdlTWegaGVqk28nbzt0oHTtdqx253gNePl6737dfyuBOoGsggeE74Zgh3aK8I19jbmPYJJ9mG-aapsto4qkDKZXqLupbq2NsKu18ryfvTa95r6nwBrBB8MzxILKRsv1z37Tb9RS137Yvdl82sHcI9y94q3jn-Rq5c_nD-dU6UbqGO0_7g7yQfJF8lrz3fcy93346_xL_MX9bv4K_o__3g%3D%3D

PoB

https://pastebin.com/gEjhpSug

Gear

Kaom's isn't required. Rest of the build can be cheap, just cap your res and get life on your rares. WED is a luxury. Taste of Hate not required either.

Links

6L (in Sword): Flicker Strike + Phys to Lightning + Melee Phys + Elemental Focus + Multistrike + Melee Splash

Swap Damage on Full Life in for Melee Splash during bossing if you need the damage.
I only do this for Guardians.

4L: CWDT (level 1) + Elemental Weakness (level 5) + Ice Golem (level 3) + Flame Golem (level 3)

4L: Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Phys to Lightning + Blood Magic
We use Phys to Lightning because if you inflict bleed using leap slam and don't have that conversion, you'll die to your strong bleed reflect. Conversion mitigates that.
Blood magic allows us to do no-regen maps, otherwise we'd run out of mana.

2L: CWDT (level 1) + Immortal Call (level 3)

Spare sockets: Wrath, Herald of Ash

Leveling

Regardless of whether you're running Oni-Goroshi or anything else, pick up Frost Blades, Molten Strike, and Ancestral Call Support ASAP. Just use these until level 68 and transition into Flicker strike if you have all the gear ready (I did this at around 68).

I had Frost Blades, Molten Strike, Ancestral Call, Multistrike, Elemental Damage w/ Attacks and Faster Attacks linked while leveling.

Note that these trees are only Guidelines
Take attribute(dex/int) nodes, life nodes, life/mana leech nodes until you feel comfortable with how you are leveling.

As for leveling trees:

Take the scion life cluster first, work your way through duelist to the ranger side of the tree

Once ranger is done, go towards marauder side.
When you get uber lab done remove all the nodes connecting Scion start to Scion life cluster and just connect to Duelist start.

Proud ol Hydra Kill

That's everything I could think of writing into a guide. Remember that a guide isn't absolute. You can alter the build in any way you feel is more comfortable for how you play the game. If you have any questions or notice that I've made any mistakes, please feel free to bring it up with me. Have fun mapping~
Last edited by Zeiin on May 1, 2018, 10:35:50 AM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2018, 6:13:10 AM
Reserved
You didn't include the haemophilia gloves in the gear listed, though they are in the PoB link.

It sounds like a fun build though. I might try it for Flashback, if I can farm myself that sword. Thanks for the guide.
"
whizkid338 wrote:
You didn't include the haemophilia gloves in the gear listed, though they are in the PoB link.

It sounds like a fun build though. I might try it for Flashback, if I can farm myself that sword. Thanks for the guide.

Oh my bad, I thought I did mention it.
It's not that important, but the explosions are very nice for clear!
If you had two Oni's and weapon swapped between them, what gem setup would be most beneficial with this build?
Hm... I wasn't really thinking of bleeds, but the right hand side of your tree is pretty similar to what I'm using.

I took more from around the Scion start, and I took Studious Combatant, Deadly Dilettante, and Fencing.

Your build looks a bit more durable than mine.

I usually play SSF though, so there's no way I'm going to have any of your "required" gear.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on May 14, 2018, 8:39:28 PM
Is Pure Talent really needed? I'm considering using Inspired Learning near the poison wheel and taking the resists to make up 4 notables, but would need that jewel slot for Int at least. I can't really figure out how to make Pob simulate that 1 percent leech well. Essentially is it a good to have, or did you feel that 1 percent is required for survival?
"
Links:
6L (in Sword): Flicker Strike + Phys to Lightning + Melee Phys + Elemental Focus + Multistrike + Melee Splash

Elemental focus? Elemental damage with attacks maybe
Elemental focus is a waste and makes you lose a lot of damage, because you won't be able to ignite when you crit, which means you cannot gain her embrace.
If I have 2 oni goroshi, can I use blade flurry on swap for bosses? If yes, which supports should I use?

Also, great guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info