A noob needs help

Hey folks, I want to try this game, but I have no clue whatsoever on what class is the most noob-friendly and what build can be useful for gathering resources to create an adequate PVE build.

Could you please help me with that? I'm gonna try reading generic guides.
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2018, 10:13:05 AM
Every class apart from Scion is suitable for new players, and there are tons of builds that can work for you. To narrow things down, what kind of build do you want to play? Just in general descriptive terms, e.g. "a tanky melee build".
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Well I have this Duelist level 7 that I made back in 2013, but the game wasn't as good as it is now back then, so I didn't play much. Oh, and the character is completely naked, so it's gonna be fun getting starting items again :)

But I think I might be more interested in more of a ranger class. Honestly, I just want to have fun while exploring the game and don't want to realize that I wasted my time on a useless-in-the-end-game build.

Yeah, I guess pretty much any character would do... But then again, I have a lot higher chance to choose something quite obviously wrong than someone who knows the game well.
You would have to be some kinda genius to make "successful" first character. Just play, try things, have fun. You should have general idea of how things work after looking at guides. Engineering Eternity seems to be go to for noob guides. His guide for very new players
Best builds for newbies are totem builds. They are cheap and efficient. Haven't tried build myself but this Glacial Cascade Totems build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1976479 seems suitable for you. It's also popular so you will find a lot of people who can ask your questions.
These days most of the hard hitting bosses are in their tiny little rooms. It is irony but no wonder that every single popular bow and wand attack build guides want you to take Point Blank and dps the hell out of bosses with Barrage. If your ranger is not well geared with levelling uniques, make sure you have decent evasion and blasphemy+enfeeble and some kind of totem to blind enemies on hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info