[3.2] Voidforge Crit Cyclone | 100% Pure Ele | Shaper Viable

Hello Everyone,

This is my Guide for those that want to build around Voidforge.

Pros:
+ Can do every Boss in the game
+ Very High Damage & Fast Clear Speed
+ Can do almost every map mod
+ Fairly Cheap to get started, only expensive item early on is Voidforge
+ Spin to Win

Cons:
- Can't do elemental reflect maps
- Can be expensive for end game GG gear
- Not a League Start build

Required Gear:

Why Crit?
No reason not to with Champions Taunt ascendancy, "Hits cant be evaded against taunted enemies."

Why not use Elemental Focus?
It provides higher damage but you must shock enemies by other means

Bandits: Alira for all res and extra crit multi

Acendancy

Unstoppable Hero > Conqueror > Worth Foe > Fortitude / First Strike, Last to Fall

I personally prefer Fortitude over First Strike, Last to Fall as it provides permanent Fortify and maintaining both Fortify and Adrenaline can be a pain in the ass especially on difficult boss fights, however taking First Strike, Last to Fall is a massive boost to damage

If you do take First Strike, Last to Fall, having a curse, blood magic and blasphemy on a weapon swap is an easy way to trigger Adrenaline

My recommendation is to only take First Strike, Last to Fall for mapping

My Gear

Recommended Gear

Helmet

Preferably enchanted with Cyclone attack speed or damage

Alternatives:
  • Starkonja or Devotos is a safer option if your worried about using Abyssus.
  • A rare to fill Resists will work fine as well.

Gloves

Tombfist are best in slot, free intimidate, ias and life and an abyss socket
Note: Elemental Weakness on hit is not required but provides a really nice boost to damage

Oskarm are nice for easier power charge generation and increased critical strike chance

Alternative:
  • A rare to with Life, resists, and attack speed will work fine as well
  • Again If you can get elemental weakness on hit it will be a really nice boost to damage

Chest

For Mapping I use:

For Shaper & Guardians you'll want:

Alternatives:
  • Farrul's Fur is really nice when paired with Aspect of the cat as it provides free freny & power charges though it is rather expensive
  • Belly of the Beast is another solid option if you struggle to cap resistances
  • A rare chest with Life, resistances & Attacks have increased Critical Strike Chance

Belt

Looking for Life, resistances, & elemental damage with attack skills

Alternatives:

Provides permanent Onslaught if you've chosen the Fortitude Ascendancy or have Fortitude

Global Phys damage, resistances, flask charges gained & Crit chance if you have over 200 int

Boots

• Looking for Life, resistances, movement speed & possibly an open suffix so you can craft Aspect of the Cat
  • For Enchant you want Attack speed or Adds fire damage if killed recently though not nescessary

Necklace

Looking for Life, resistances, adds physical damage, attributes, & Crit multi if possible

Alternatives:

Provides resistances, attributes, increased attack range and increased damage at full life

Rings

Looking for Life, phys damage, resistances, elemental damage with attacks, & attributes if needed

Alternatives:
Shaper ring with Curse Enemies with Assassin's Mark on Hit

Jewels

Abyss Jewels:
Life > Flat Physical To Attacks/Swords > Attack Speed > Crit Multi > Res
Note: Blind is great for QoL as it greatly increases your chances to evade attacks

Jewels:
You want %Life > Physical Damage with Sword > Attack Speed > Crit Multi > Area Damage > Res

Potions

• Blood of the Kauri is amazing potion to have, cant count the number of times it has saved my bacon
  • Wise Oak is a big boost to damage, especially if you can balance your uncapped resistances, however if you cant balance your resistances make sure cold is your highest if your going to use it
  • Curse & Bleed removal are a must have

Pantheons

Major
Soul of Solaris - fully upgraded

Minor
Soul of Ralakesh - fully upgraded, helps mitigate Blood rage damage
or
Soul of Shakari - fully upgraded for poison immunity

You can do Soul of Yugul but I do not recommend doing ele reflect maps

Gem Links

Sword:
Cyclone - Melee Physical Damage - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Increased Critical Strikes - Increased/Concentrated AoE - Damage on full life

Helmet:
Cast when damage taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Molten Shell (If not using kaom's) / Ancestral Protector

Gloves
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Vaal Haste

Boots:

Hatred - Summon Ice Golem - Blood Rage - Lesser Duration

Note: Lesser Duration is if you have Aspect of the Cat on your boots as it reduces the Buff duration down to 3 seconds

Chest:

A few Options here:

Ancestral Protector - Faster Attacks - Elemental Damage With Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Increased Critical Strikes

Or you could swap in Vaal Haste with Increased Duration as well as Enduring Cry

Or if you take First Strike, Last to Fall Ascendancy you'll want to swap in:

Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Video's

Full Shaper Run
Died once because I left Zana's bubble early and died to a purple ball

Shaper Guardians:
Chimera Kill
Phoenix Kill
Minotaur Kill
Hydra Kill

Ill add more video's as I go, I haven't been able to spawn Uber Elder yet as I am still missing a memory fragment

Generating Power Charges

There are a couple of ways of generating Power charges though they aren't needed:

We can use

However a long fight or with nothing to curse can be problematic

Is another option, socketing in the Scion res wheel is the best location but also requires you to kill

For long fights I personally prefer using on weapon swap to quickly generate charges:

Alternate Classes
Champion isn't the only class you can play this build with but I find it is the most balanced when it comes to both damage and defenses

Juggernaut

https://pastebin.com/UhHgDWhM
Probably the most defensive option as it provides almost permanent immortal call but is the lowest damage choice

Inquisitor

https://pastebin.com/8MQka6mA
A slight edge over champion in terms of damage and you can use another curse instead of Elemental Weakness

Raider

https://pastebin.com/YFEhhKSm
Less damage then champion but provides free Onslaught which frees up a flask slot and easier frenzy generation allowing you to drop blood rage if you choose. Also has the highest movement speed and attack speed

Assassin

https://pastebin.com/UsV1FFux
Similar Damage to champion and easiest class to generate power charges but severely lacks the defense the champion provides

Scion

https://pastebin.com/XxSidC2i
Number of options for classes to choose from, personally I would go Raider & Assassin

Last edited by Srid on Apr 21, 2018, 7:58:36 AM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2018, 8:16:51 AM
Your Voidforge in POB is wrong.
It is AN element (Gain 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Damage of an Element) but yours in POB has;
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage

If you correct the weapon your DPS is only 900k and not 3M with your optimistic configuration.

At least I am never seeing any lightning damage on my cyclone in game.
Last edited by Keshr0 on Apr 20, 2018, 8:06:04 PM
it's look like interesting. I try now with a Duelist.

I have a first question, maybe there will be more later :

What is your second aura you use ?

Now, i try with blasphemy + Enfeeble for more survivability. I will try another thing later.
"
Your Voidforge in POB is wrong.
It is AN element (Gain 300% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Damage of an Element) but yours in POB has;
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage

If you correct the weapon your DPS is only 900k and not 3M with your optimistic configuration.

At least I am never seeing any lightning damage on my cyclone in game.

PoB doesn't simulate random elements. Alternatively you can split up the 300% into 3 mods each of 100% to an element like I have done. Your not seeing lightning damage on your cyclone in game on your tooltip because it's a on hit effect and its random which element you hit with.

Last edited by Srid on Apr 21, 2018, 7:51:14 AM
"
Keussef wrote:
it's look like interesting. I try now with a Duelist.

I have a first question, maybe there will be more later :

What is your second aura you use ?

Now, i try with blasphemy + Enfeeble for more survivability. I will try another thing later.

My second aura is Aspect of the Cat from:

You can use Enfeeble but I would have that setup in a cast when damage taken and run either Arctic Armour for more defense or Herald of Ash for more damage
Last edited by Srid on Apr 21, 2018, 7:52:30 AM
"
Srid wrote:
PoB doesn't simulate random elements. Alternatively you can split up the 300% into 3 mods each of 100% to an element like I have done. Your not seeing lightning damage on your cyclone in game on your tooltip because it's a on hit effect and its random which element you hit with.

Hm okay. Have you tried Ele equilibrium? I would think it would be strong if it sorta cycles through the elementals.
Also I would think Elementalist sounds fun to try. Might give it a go later if I got one I can reset. :)
"
"
Srid wrote:

Hm okay. Have you tried Ele equilibrium? I would think it would be strong if it sorta cycles through the elementals.
Also I would think Elementalist sounds fun to try. Might give it a go later if I got one I can reset. :)

Yes I was originally EE but I switched when dropped for me

When I was EE I was using Grace

Last edited by Srid on Apr 21, 2018, 8:18:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info