Introducing the First Blood Starter Pack!

"
Exile009 wrote:
Echoing the MANY people in this thread who've pointed out that the included stash tab should really be a Premium Tab. Restrict it to just new players rather than anyone, if desired. But I can't recommend this to my new guildies if it's not premium. They'd actually be better off buying a bunch of Premium Tab upgrades for LESS money than buying this.

Look, I agree, it should have been a premium tab, but how can they possibly buy premium tab upgrades for less money then buying this? It gives 200 points for 20$, which is pretty much the best value you can get unless you are recommending new players buy the high end packs and opt out of the physical items.

Unless I'm missing something, the 200 points that come with this should be usable to buy premium tabs and/or upgrade the tab it provides for free. It's not quite the crazy value it probably should be for a one-time only special to appeal to new players starter promotion, but it's still unarguably better value then just paying for points to buy premium tabs directly.
Should contain a premium tab instead of regular, for trading purposes. Especially for new players.
How is it possible that this is not a premium tab? Just how? New players should already get one premium tab, which they don't, so to not even include one here... Truly baffling. Almost as baffling as the AoE nerf.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Whos doing the marketing he/she is doing an awful job at it.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"Free stash should at least be premium" Well... the free stash that is given can always be upgraded to a premium for an additional 10 points, still 20-30 points saved. 200 points are part of the package after all :p Doesn't seem like a big saving considering supporter packs are so much nicer tho
Last edited by Zephrix on Apr 18, 2018, 12:53:14 AM
This is...not great. The only reason I can see someone buying this is if they saw the "limit one per account" thing and assumed it was a good deal based on that.
Too bad no red headband to match and make this First Blood Rambo:First Blood :D
"
monster0824 wrote:
Should really be a premium tab...

+1 , what people need is atleast 1 premium tab to get started with trading.

Yes people can upgrade it , but this is a perfect opportunity to inform people how to sell items in a message together with the bought pack info you get in your inbox with your newly acquired premium stash tab.
Last edited by khemintiri on Apr 18, 2018, 2:19:17 AM
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
Echoing the MANY people in this thread who've pointed out that the included stash tab should really be a Premium Tab. Restrict it to just new players rather than anyone, if desired. But I can't recommend this to my new guildies if it's not premium. They'd actually be better off buying a bunch of Premium Tab upgrades for LESS money than buying this.

Look, I agree, it should have been a premium tab, but how can they possibly buy premium tab upgrades for less money then buying this? It gives 200 points for 20$, which is pretty much the best value you can get unless you are recommending new players buy the high end packs and opt out of the physical items.

Unless I'm missing something, the 200 points that come with this should be usable to buy premium tabs and/or upgrade the tab it provides for free. It's not quite the crazy value it probably should be for a one-time only special to appeal to new players starter promotion, but it's still unarguably better value then just paying for points to buy premium tabs directly.

'Cept I didn't talk about 'buying premium tabs directly', I specifically mentioned buying premium tab UPGRADES directly. Which would cost less money. If you think of it as a promotional offer or a discount, then yes, like any other discount, it's good value for money. However, discounts are profitable (assuming they're not working on a hidden markup) by way of getting us to spend when we otherwise wouldn't have spent at all i.e. we're still buying something, rather than not buying anything, thanks to the discount. In this case, it's cheaper and more impactful to just spend less money to start with just to upgrade your default tabs to premium than to buy this pack with all its needless bells and whistles. To upgrade all 4 of your default tabs to premium would cost you just 60 points, which thanks to their point pack structure requires you to buy a 100-point pack for $10 (or you can just get by with 3 premium tabs for 45 points, and hence spend just $5). Even then, that's still half the amount spent on this pack. Also, with the remaining 40 points you can easily just directly buy an extra stash tab, or even an extra premium stash tab. The weapon effect is bleh, so I'm not even counting that, but for what it's worth, there's even some of those available for 40 points. So no, this pack isn't worth it.
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 18, 2018, 2:40:04 AM
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:

Because he wasn't saying "value for the money", but "less money". You can buy 50 points and use them all on premium stash upgrades, for example. Then you'd have premium tabs for less money than buying this pack.

Obviously, if you'll spend 20 dollars on points anyway, go for the pack. But a lot of people spend less than that, specially on their first purchase.
Chris Wilson took my soul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info