[3.2] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead Elementalist - T16 Guardians / Shaper / Elder / HoGM - with Videos

"
Nyrobie wrote:
"
mythvglez wrote:
Hi! first and foremost I'd like to apolize if I make some weird typo as english is not my native language. With that out of the way I'd like to thank you for this guide as it's an incredibly powerful build that has allowed me to rolfstomp all the content i've tried so far.

I made this account years ago but I didn't really play until a month or so ago so I'm a fairly new player with lots of doubts. At first I followed the guide religiously (as much as I could ofc, there are some items I can't afford/find) but now I'm at that point where I wish to completely understand this build and so I have some questions.

1. According to your path of building link, your character has 61% accuracy this means you miss 39% of your hits which translates in a huge dps loss, isn't it painfully low? I myself have 69% but I've been told to aim for 90% (multiple guides also aim for 90% or wear Lycosidae and the such).

2. Warlord's Mark ring... I checked poe.trade and not only is it painfully expensive but they also have poor stats. You mention that you can craft them but I'm at a lost here, I have no idea about crafting or how much I'd have to invest to craft a ring with warlord's mark.

The same applies for Aspect of the Spider, I have no clue about how to craft it and how expensive it would be.

I was using Praxis and NEVER ran out of mana but a few hours ago I was messing around and turns out even without it I don't run out of mana.

3. Cooldown Recovery belt. I can't understand the uses for this stat in the build, I blame my ignorance and lack of game mechanics knowledge.

4. Wise Oak flask. I absolutely have no idea what this flasks does... the wording is very confusing to me, what does it exactly do for us? my resistances are as follow:
Cold: 76% (82%)
Fire: 75% (86%)
Lightning: 75% (81%)
Chaos: -40% (-40%)

My character tab is public, if you could be so kind as to check it for possible mistakes and what I should aim to improve I would be really grateful.

In your hideout there are crafting stations that you can get based on the level of your Masters. I didn't play beast league so I am guessing thats how you get the Aspect of the Spider, you can go here to find out more https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aspect_of_the_Spider. I also found this for beastcrafting https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Beastcrafting.

The Wise Oak Flask increases your spell penetration based on your lowest resist, so from the numbers you have shown on a normal map you would have fire and lighting pen and on higher maps based on your res in the parenthesis you would have extra lighting pen. So object is to make your res all even (which can be a bit hard) and can have extra pen to all 3 elements.

For the Cooldown recovery question it helps you trigger your spells faster from the poet's pen weapon faster so it means more dps really. Hopefully this helps, GL out there.

1. the build is only using frenzy 4L to activate the wands since spells has 100% chance to hit means that lack of hit wont affect dps at all atleast for this type of build if you would use frenzy or similair spells for main dps then sure. (afaik) checking the videos for the build made it clear that accuracy is no big deal in this build

2. there is and Elder boss and Shaper boss and they affect the maps "end game" and they drop items that are affected by them so if a ring base drops on a elder map it can be elder influence and when you use you curency to craft and if you are lucky you will roll the warlords mark on hit, side note on the aspect of spider this is was in Beastiary league dno if its even possible to get this league,

3. check other post but in short its reduced the cooldown time between spells coming of the wands.

4. wise oak works if we take your stats

Cold: 76% (82%)
Fire: 75% (86%)
Lightning: 75% (81%)
Chaos: -40% (-40%)

uncapp is the (xx%) resitence that whats goes over the capped @ 75% so for you means that if you use the bottle you will get 10-15% fire penetration and 10% reduced damage taken from ligthning damage.

"
Ryzykun wrote:
How do you leech in this build?

you dont need leech since you have watchers eye with reduce mana cost of skill while affected by clarity so passive mana regen will fix the mana problems
Last edited by nothingtoxic on Jun 25, 2018, 4:01:58 PM
Thank you two for clearing my doubts, very much appreciated!
Can you update your Pastebin for 3.4?
"
bouba971 wrote:
Can you update your Pastebin for 3.4?
i make this build now in 3.5
i updated his pastebin to that:
https://pastebin.com/WxsqXGAT

Last edited by Nebucadneza on Dec 15, 2018, 10:35:27 AM
Drop aspect of fire and spider and go inquis for more budget friendly ig?
any recent updates on that build?
now is work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info