Uber Trial Rework Suggestion

Hi GGG,

I would like to propose a minor change to the way Uber Lab Trials spawn, which will in my opinion improve both regular and SSF play.

It is very common to find yourself completing 50+ maps and only having found ~3 ascendancies out of 6, with many duplicates along the way. While this is less of an issue in a trading league (people getting free, easy passes on #global channel), it is a bottleneck in SSF progress.

The change is extremely simple and has no downside -- make each spawned Trial be a random of the ones you have not yet completed, and once you've found all 6, revert to current regular mechanic of randomness. Without knowing the spawn rate of a Trial in a map, approximating at 1/7, it would still take at least around 42 maps just to unlock the Uber lab.

It would have a positive impact of encouraging people to run their own content (rather than getting boosted by others) and tremendously help the SSF players. If the concern is unlocking Uber lab too early, just reduce the Trial spawn rate a little until all 6 are collected.

Thanks.
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2018, 10:36:43 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Makes sence to me.

Wanted to play SSF for some time now, but not being able to find those trials in reasonable time is what i fear most.
+1 to the OP.

I have a lvl 88 character -- well along toward reaching lvl 89 -- in the Bestiary SSF league and I still haven't found the last trial.

My character is more than ready for uberlab at this point. It's only the arbitrarily and pointlessly thick layer of RNG placed on the trials that has prevented her from running it.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Yeah, I'm over lvl80 in SSF and only just found my 4th Trial.
Keep in mind that this also ties into the prophecy and silver coin issue in SSF. In a trading league, you can also buy prophecies that spawn an uber trial in a map very cheaply, which is much harder to achieve in SSF.
Last edited by WithLoveEarL on Apr 17, 2018, 11:02:33 AM
Bump. I'm level 90 ssf, missing one trial. Ran like 100+ maps already...this is frustrating.
"
kikosafado wrote:
Bump. I'm level 90 ssf, missing one trial. Ran like 100+ maps already...this is frustrating.

It is ridiculous. GGG needs to fix this. When initially released this was not nearly so ridiculous because, the lab was horribly designed buggy content plus all 8 ascendancy points were not as critically needed to complete builds. So it was a relatively minor issue in the sea of labyrinth loathsomeness. Now though this is just ridiculous.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info