Map is not completed after boss killed?

I just realized I have Bog map blank in my St atlas, so found it in my multiple map tabs from leagues, alched, killed boss and.. nothing changed!

So, the question, how many times need to kill boss now, or this is just a bug?

Also this was only one this map in my stash, so I tried to buy it and after like 10 whispers got not a single answer, so closed the game. Not interesting this way of gaming to..

But still question stands, what was that?
Last edited by DarkJen on Apr 12, 2018, 6:23:31 AM
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2018, 11:03:33 AM
You probably used an old version of the map (pre-3.1). Maps that old won't work on the Atlas.

If you use the version of the map that drops currently, the map will be completed after killing the boss while the map has "rare" rarity, as usual.
Last edited by Psyringe on Apr 12, 2018, 6:23:32 AM
"
Psyringe wrote:
If you use the version of the map that drops currently, the map will be completed after killing the boss while the map has "rare" rarity, as usual.

Game is not telling me this.
And how I can tell how fresh is this map dropped?
Just need to be sure if I buy one it will count.
"
JOHN_RA wrote:

Game is not telling me this.

Game expects that you wouldn't assume a several years old item to work in a complex context that did not even exist when the map dropped, and which completely reworked maps when it was introduced. I agree though that a note like "This legacy version of a map will not have any effect on your atlas" in the tooltip wouldn't hurt.

"
JOHN_RA wrote:

And how I can tell how fresh is this map dropped?
Just need to be sure if I buy one it will count.

By how it looks. If it looks like the maps that currently drop (gray stone with jagged corners), it will work. Old maps had either square icons, or round ones, or white-brown "paper" icons. The round ones actually might still work too.

You can see the current look of the map here:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bog_Map_(War_for_the_Atlas)
In the section "Other versions", you can also see how the old versions looked.
Last edited by Psyringe on Apr 12, 2018, 6:47:31 AM
Oh I see now.
Thanks for answers!
"
Psyringe wrote:
The round ones actually might still work too.

No they don't, even though some of them have the same tier as their 3.1+ equivalent.
"
tomay wrote:
"
Psyringe wrote:
The round ones actually might still work too.

No they don't, even though some of them have the same tier as their 3.1+ equivalent.

Well according to the wiki, maps that dropped after 2.5.0, but before 3.1, currently "will complete a chain of maps from the start pointing on the Atlas up until the tier of map you completed. Shaped and Elder items do not drop on these maps. Elder Guardians also cannot spawn from them. Shaper and Elder areas will not be influenced on the Atlas." (quoted from https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atlas_of_Worlds)

If that is true, then the OP _could_ use these maps to get the completion he wants (note that his goal is map completion, not Shaper/Elder related stuff).

Of course the wiki may be wrong or outdated, that's why I said "might" - I have no first-hand experience with maps from that period.

Do you have evidence that the wiki is wrong in that regard? Meaning, have you run a "round icon" map and did _not_ get the described chain of completions on the Atlas? Knowing this could be helpful, because then the wiki could be corrected.
Last edited by Psyringe on Apr 12, 2018, 8:51:17 AM
I stand corrected... you right, me wrong. ;)

You can indeed complete the full chain all the way down to Tier 1 with a "round" corrupted Guardian map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info