[3.3] Wormblaster the 4.5th - Flameblast / Herald of Ash Slayer

"
blah2224 wrote:
Does the number of worm killed under HoA affect the burning damage ? e.g Flameblast only needs to kill 1 worm to apply the overkill burn, or the more the merrier ?

The burning from Herald of Ash doesn't stack, so it is enough to have one worm close enough to apply the effect. Having more worms out just increases the chance of that happening.
"
EpisCube wrote:
For 3.3, I've only heard of changes to Vaal RF, Curse Effectiveness and Elemental Equilibrium so far. Vaal RF won't be able to trigger Herald of Ash anymore as it will be a pure degen; EE might get the debuff values lowered or something in that direction. Curse Effectiveness against bosses is getting buffed, which might counter the EE nerf. If these changes are all that affect this build, it'll still be viable in Incursion.

I'll update this when there's more information.

If i seen right we get more fire dmg for the initial hit from tree, but less burning damage for Hoa? I hope that is ok since yea bigger flameblast equals higher burn but still hmm..
And another thing is i wonder if we gonna switch out Elemental focus since ignite changes might make it good.
Does duration from the tree increase HoA's burn duration?
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Does duration from the tree increase HoA's burn duration?

Yes. Taking the Potency of Will cluster effectively gives about 1.8s / 25% more burn duration (with Inc Duration support already socketed).
Very interesting build ... is it still viable in 3.4 ?
"
asghanrs wrote:
Very interesting build ... is it still viable in 3.4 ?

Thanks and yep, it's still viable. The nerfs were still not enough to stop this build from being able to oneshot high tier bosses (tested on Minotaur a few days ago).
Only Uber Elder is probably a lot more difficult than in 3.2, due to the lower damage in combination with the limited amount of worms we have.
So about the video on wormblasterthefifth that went low life using rain of arrows. I cannot find the character on ur char list. Could you elaborate what ur using on him?

From my understanding, this build deals damage from the burn overkill of HoA effect that u apply on enemies by killing worms next to them - I don't see HoA on the rain of arrows char, so he must be using a diffrent mechanic?
"
kuling12345 wrote:
So about the video on wormblasterthefifth that went low life using rain of arrows. I cannot find the character on ur char list. Could you elaborate what ur using on him?

If you're referring to this, it's a different build by the original creator of the Wormblaster builds. You can find his character here. He's using Null's Inclination, which casts a socketed Minion Skill (Dark Pact) on killing an enemy with an attack (Rain of Arrows).
I don't understand this build, how does a HoA/worm ignite differ from just igniting with the flameblast directly?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info