What is wrong with my RF build so far?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GucciMane1017/characters

Last bumped on Apr 10, 2018, 7:58:53 PM
"
GucciMane1017 wrote:
What is wrong with my RF build so far?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GucciMane1017/characters

your biggest mistake is the boots enchant with fire damage to attacks
Move your RF to your gloves since "socketed gems deal 30% more damage over time". Use RF, elemental focus, burning damage and increased AOE (or conc effect when bossing)
Use a 5l scorching ray on your chest : SR/ele focus/burning damage/swift affliction/controled destruction
Remove leap slam set up, molten strike setup, molten shell setup, totem setup : they are all bad for RF. This is why you should really follow guide when you're new at the game.
You need to have AT LEAST vitality and purity of fire auras. Add a stone golem for extra regen, empower if you can, but i guess you don't have the currency to afford a level 4 empower. You should farm white maps untill you can replace pretty much all your gear.
For the rest of your gems setup :
Shield charge/fortify/faster attack/brutality (for your ascendency phys to fire damage)
Orb of storm/Incresed crit chance/curse on hit/flammability (pick up elemental overload in the tree)
As soon as you can get your kaom's heart, use the last 3 links setup for scorching ray.
The most important thing to understand is how elemental equilibrium works. You need to do 0 fire damage ON HIT, so here on your shield charge mostly. Then, using orb of storm, you'll apply the -50% fire res to ennemies, apply flammability and proc your elemental overload. Scorching ray adds a -24% fire res and some burning damage over time. Scorching ray does not HIT, so it won't give fire res to ennemies through equilibrium.

This should be more than enough to get your build going, I recommend you to check out RF chieftain guides tho. Easiest way to build up currency at this point of the league is to farm doctor card on burial chamber IMO. Drop one or two of these, you'll have enough currency to afford a pretty decent build already.
Last edited by Selenba00 on Apr 9, 2018, 7:30:31 PM
So should I get rid of EE?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info