[3.2] Fully Corrupted All-Unique Dual Wield HOWA Molten Strike - 6.1M Shaper DPS, 9k+ ES, 44% Evade

🛡️TotemPuller's🛡️ Lvl 8 Master Craft, Uber Elder/Atziri, Shaper, T16 Guardian & Challenge Services
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2099107/

Overview

The build in this guide uses two HOWA (Hand of Action and Wisdom) Imperial Claws and Molten Strike as the main skill. The guide is intended for experienced players as the build is gear dependent and requires many optimizations.

This build can destroy all endgame contents as of 3.2; Uber Elder and Elder Guardians, Shaper and T16 Guardians, Uber Atziri, Chayula, Hall of Grandmasters and all map bosses in the Atlas.

Links

🛡️TotemPuller's🛡️ Lvl 8 Master Craft, Uber Elder/Atziri, Shaper, T16 Guardian & Challenge Services
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2099107

Path of Building

Dual Wield
https://pastebin.com/tqxYN2Wx

Atziri's Reflection Version
https://pastebin.com/TEJEMxFN

Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://poeplanner.com/AAwAAl4ADBAAAIUA7gOWDXwOSBEPES8RUBGWFHUVIBm0GdcabBslHNwdqh8YIvQpTyo4Kk0rCiy_LOktgy9vMFs3RzqzOw07KD8nRUdGcUcGSVFKyEuuTipQQlH7VkhX4luvXfJfamBDZlRrrGwIbAttGW49cLtyw3XLd-V7w36vf8aCm4LkgwmFe4aziq-MNox2jRmPGo9Gj_qQCpARkyeboZzEna6ePKEvoi6kwqcIpyurC6yYrTO0DLUEtyK-gL6Kvqe-vMBmwcXK08wGzRbQ0Ngk2RPZW9lf2-fdDd2M4BLhiOQi5ebpAupi6rrr7uwY7DjtIO_r8NXxivfX-d0h0DxLWBd7bpchoj6rusF81l3gVQofGCkAHgAAAAQBHAABCQAAAAFGAAEQAAAAASUAAQYAAAABAQABCQAAAAAAAGZUGwKeAgAAAgEPAAAAAxkAAAAZAAAAsAQAAAAAAHvDGwKeAgAAAgEPAAAAAxkAAAAZAAAAsAQAAAAAAIazFwLPAAAAAgEYAAAAAgEAAADcBQAAAAAAjxoJAtQCAAAAAAAAoS8pACEAAAAEASYAAQoAAAABLAABBAAAAAEIAAEIAAAAAQIAAQoAAAAAAAC3IikAIQAAAAQBJgABCQAAAAEsAAEGAAAAAQgAAQcAAAABAgABCgAAAAAAAL6AGALgAgAAAwEGAAAAAQYAAAABBgAAAAAAAO_rKQAhAAAABAEmAAEKAAAAAQUAAQUAAAABLQABBgAAAAEIAAEGAAAAAAAA8YodArcAAAAEAQQAAAABAwAAAAEFAAAAAQcAAAAAAAAAAAKmSwIRARQBAQH7____CAAB5AAAAAFVAAAAAQAAAAABFAAAAAEZAAAAAR4AAAABAQAAAAYfP2gAFRT0ABUU1AAVFN0AFRS3ABUUKQEVFDcCUAIUAAYBAQAAAAEJAQAAASgAAAABHgAAAAEBAAAAATIAAAAEBw9zABUAJwAVACEBFQCYAAQALQK_AgABAQEoAAAABgFOAAAAAQ8AAAABAQAAAAEBAAAAAQEAAAABAQAAAAAAADwCzAEUAAcBYQAAAAEEAAAAAQEAAAABAgAAAAECAAAAAQIAAAABAgAAAAQFD6IAAhRHAAUX6AAVFGQAARQ9AvYAFAEBAS4AAAAGAR4AAAABDAAAAAEMAAAAAgEAAAAKAAAAAQEAAAABAQAAAAMDB5wAFBS5ABUU-gAVAD0C9gAUAQEBLgAAAAYBGwAAAAEKAAAAAQwAAAACAQAAAAoAAAABAQAAAAEBAAAAAwMHvgAVFB4BARe5ABUUKAKBAQABAQEZAAAABQEeAAAAAT0AAAABAgAAAAECAAAAAQMAAAAAAAAoAoEBAAEBARkAAAAFAR4AAAABPQAAAAECAAAAAQIAAAABAwAAAAAAABkCIQAAAQEBEAAAAAIBZAAAAAH8____AAAANwLXARQABgEcAAAAAR4AAAABUQAAAAGeAAAAAR4AAAABAQAAAAQHD6IAARQWAAEUWwADFMgAFBQVAlUCFAEBAAIBCgAAAAEPAAAAAAAAGgImABQBAQADAQIAAAABFAAAAAEPAAAAAAAAGQBjABQAAgEMAAEZAAAAARMAAQAAAAAAAAAlAGgAFAIBARAAAAABAAIBCAABAAAAAAEQAAIoAAAAAAAAAAAAACUAZwAUAgEBEAAAAAEAAgEOAAEAAAAAARAAAigAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Video

Build Highlights

● Dual wield HOWA using Molten Strike

● Level 95 with 123 passive points

● 1460 Intelligence, 452 Dexterity, 349 Strength

All 10 equipped items are uniques and corrupted with 30% quality and lab enchantment

● 6 unique jewels and 4 rare jewels are used (1 more jewel can be added at level 99)

● 3 jewels have the "1% increased Chaos Damage for each Equipped Corrupted Item" implicit

● 82% lightning damage, 14% chaos damage, 4% fire damage

● Atziri's Reflection shield can be used to improve defense and free up a flask spot

Offense

9.1 Million DPS against normal mobs
6.1 Million DPS against Shaper/Guardian
● 3 flasks and ascendancy buffs
● 60% lightning resistance penetration

Calculation below
Spoiler
Projectile travel distance 1-10

[Normal]
Molten Strike Magma Balls Average Damage: 67,089.9
Attack Rate with Frenzy charges: 10.98
Chance to hit: 0.47

Number of projectiles: 24 (with ancestral call and with dying sun)
Molten hit DPS: 805,487.9

(67,089.9)(10.98)(0.47)(24) + (805,487.9) = 9,114,867

[Shaper/Guardian]
Molten Strike Magma Balls Average Damage: 45,087.1
Attack Rate with Frenzy charges: 10.98
Chance to hit: 0.47

Number of projectiles: 24 (with ancestral call and without dying sun)
Molten hit DPS: 541,273.2

(45,087.1)(10.98)(0.47)(24) + (541,273.2) = 6,125,509

See https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1903956 for more info

Defense

● 9k Energy Shield
● 1751 Total Mana
● 44% Evade Chance
● 75% All Resistances (all res must be the same in order to receive both offensive and defensive bonuses from The Wise Oak flask)

Gear
Spoiler

Gem Setup
Spoiler

Main Hand

Ancestral Protector + Blind can be very useful in boss fights.

Off Hand

Whirling Blade + Fortify setup is highly recommended.

Helm

+3 projectile enchant is the best DPS boost.

Chest

You can also use Concentrated Effect instead of Damage on Full Life Support. Tooltip DPS goes down but actual damage output goes up even with an average aim.

Gloves

Lightning wrap is very useful in maps with gaps and ledges.

Boots

CWDT + Immortal Call setup is highly recommended.

Jewels
Spoiler

Unique Jewels

Rare Jewels

Flasks
Spoiler

Flasks for mapping

Flasks for Uber Elder

Ascendancy

Inquisitor and Raider

Pantheon

Major God - Soul of the Brine King or Soul of Lunaris. Brine King is preferred.
Minor God - Soul of Yugul

Bandits

Passive Points

Last edited by TotemPuller on Apr 8, 2024, 10:37:21 PM
Last bumped on May 28, 2018, 7:41:24 PM
Reserved
Thanks for sharing your build TotemPuller.
Already started building this the other day but was going on my own guesstimates.

Cheers

Nice ty
So you just copied 100% of WaffleT's build, threw more currency at it and did this to advertise your services and sales? Lmfao.
"
Knuckledust13 wrote:
So you just copied 100% of WaffleT's build, threw more currency at it and did this to advertise your services and sales? Lmfao.

Looks like you skipped the first paragraph.

"
TotemPuller wrote:
Overview

The guide is intended for experienced players as the build is gear dependent and requires many optimizations.

There are more differences between my build and WaffleT's budget friendly version than your inexperienced eyes can see (notably 11 million shaper dps vs. 4 million shaper dps).

For someone who joined back in 2011, you seem to follow newer players' guides rather than creating your own. If someone had already created a dual wield HOWA Molten Strike build that stacks lightning and chaos damage and I missed it somehow, link me the guide and I'll take a look.
Last edited by TotemPuller on Apr 5, 2018, 11:30:30 PM
His comment's made me look for waffles and noticed there were a few differences. I love molten strike but have been getting bored with the usual scale off of ele damage claw and flat ele abyss jewels. Have been wanting to play an ascendant so I think I will check this out.
I meant to ask why dmg on full life over inc aoe/conc?
"
sperez06 wrote:
I meant to ask why dmg on full life over inc aoe/conc?

Good question. Damage on full life support gives more tooltip dps but concentrated effect with ancestral support does more actual damage when you have many projectiles. I used damage on full life support in the guide but I'm currently using concentrated effect.
Do you have some trees showing which passives to pick while leveling?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info