The Stygian Spectral Shield Throw Effect

something golden/blody would be cool
Ice Crash MTX when?
HOLY CRAP, I gonna shiet bricks right now!

First 9 pages on this MTX and there is NOT A SINGLE MENTION OF ... "IT'S SVASTIKA!"

:D

Did all the svastika paranoids and haters just stopped playing PoE back in The Fall of Oriath? :D
it was then, when the huge paranoia begun :D

But... one has been already discovered, on the yt video :D

LMAO!
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
"
Moribundus wrote:
HOLY CRAP, I gonna shiet bricks right now!

First 9 pages on this MTX and there is NOT A SINGLE MENTION OF ... "IT'S SVASTIKA!"

Well, it's simply not one, so no one says it.

However, I think it's one of the worst MTX I've seen so far. And I like SST to start with.
But this cross-like thingy is just not anything I'd pay for.
And what is Stygian about it?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Colors are great, the explosion effect too.
And the sound is superb!

But the cross is just disappointing.
First thought was "swastika" (sry, paranoid German), second was "blue EK mtx clone", third "why make shield throw not look like throwing a shield?". Or should that cross be a shield? ;)

Make it an actual shield and this mtx would be one of the best. Or just like "spectral" implies, use the shield model the player is wearing, combined with the nice new colors. This might even give some bucks extra for shield mtx! ;)

And no, the spectral shield throw skill is not underwhelming. With the right shield it's pretty strong. The main problem is the non linear defence scaling on shields over levels and a gap between average and high-end shields.
I think most players say sst is weak because they did not get their hands on one of those expensive high end shields and abandoned the skill during leveleing.
Question for Spectral Shield-users, does it come with the Captain America-effect from the getgo (bouncing on enemies), or do you need to put Fork or Chain on it?

Would love if they added a Panda MTX for it, like you're throwing a Panda (or Koala) at people that bounce.
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Apr 4, 2018, 1:04:01 PM
@Kwonryu

typically you want to use a "fake-main-hand" like Ewar's Mirage. This makes the initial shield chain once and the shards chain once afterwards. So your main target almost always gets hit by the shield and the shards.
More than one chain is counter-productive, as you loose damage from the support gem's "less damage" modifier and the shield shatters somewhere unpredictabe.

Another way of playing sst is with pierce. This makes only the shards pierce and is more effektive against very large packs. But you loose damge on smaller packs.
"
Beregondz wrote:
This reminds me of the cross weapon from the first Castlevania

Exactly my thoughts.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Why, when you are already under fire already for releasing too many MTX, would a company think this is a good idea? </rhetorical>

PS nice try with the desperate sounding upsell that it looks good with 'gloom' armour, etc...

Last edited by daleyyc on Apr 4, 2018, 1:30:46 PM
omg new skill launch??!!
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info