Help needed for self cast Glacial Cascade

Hi everyone,

My first elder spawned on a T15 map and I was only able to get him down about 25% before I lost all my portals to deaths. I feel my current build is pretty decent, I can clear red maps and bosses easily, Elder Guardians on T12-14 weren't too bad either. I'm looking for some tips and tweaks to my current build. I feel I'm a little squishy and cant take big hits right now. My main goal is to beat elder then give shaper a try.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SkedFinger

I was looking at this build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2018214

I am going to take a few things from it since Vaal Pact is gone and this was pre elder to alter my build.

But besides all that any tips are helpful.
Last edited by SkedFinger on Apr 6, 2018, 8:29:14 PM
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2018, 6:58:30 PM
Well about 6 tries later I still can’t beat it. I’m wasting way to much money buying lava lake maps. I can get him down to about 40-50% before I lose all my portals. I’ve adjusted my build quite a bit. I’m full dodge, have 5k hp and 900 ES. Evasion about 20%. Armor 1% (with flasks 30%). DPS about 118k max with every add on working. So what’s killing me? Mainly it’s the life drain freeze attack. Right now I use forbidden taste to try and survive it if I have a charge. In the early fight I can dodge the drain attack pretty well but midway (when the shaper starts hitting him) it just happens too fast. I try my beast to clear the squids but they just spread the damage crap everywhere. I also lose one portal to an instant death when I portal back in and elder is just waiting for me. I’m kinda of lost right now. My gear is good I think (see address above) I’m saving for the Azirti gloves which would complete my gear until I find some crazy elder shaper stuff.

What should I do? Where should I rebalance? I’d hate to have to start a new character cause being a father I cant grind as much as I’d like. Do I grind to lvl 92 to get more HP? Is there a better support gem combo to help my dps?

Beside advice I’m open for a service just to get him off the map. It’ll be my map and my loot I’ll happily pay the service fee. I’m on pacific time and usually play around 9pm so whisper me or send me a massage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info