[3.2] Rain of Arrows & Blast Rain Trap, build "guide"

INTRO

Sooooo people, this is my first build "guide" and I hope someone will find it interesting.
I like to keep things simple so, not to much text.

The idea is quite simple, I wanted to do a build with a "forgotten" skill like Rain of Arrows that can do almost all kind of map mods and able to do some red tier maps, and to be AOE, I love AOE builds that cover my screen :D
And yes, is a low budget build. But it also scales very nice if you have the money.

Items

• Chin Sol: is mandatory, do to a good DPS and more DMG at close range
  • Tinkerskin: it helps with manna issues ONLY if you take Eldritch Battery, sad but that life on trap triggered is useless, will not work with Chain Reaction
  • Quivers: here you can use Blackgleam, The Signal Fire, Hyrri's Demise, because it give us flat elemental damage
  • Jewelry: nothing spacial, if you can get flat elemental damage go for it. Life and resistance this is common
  • Gloves: i got ones with Trap and Slower Projectile because they was cheaper than a 6 link bow or armour, is just a bonus, is not mandatory
  • Jewelry: nothing spacial, if you can get flat elemental damage go for it. Life and resistance this is common
  • Gloves: i got ones with Trap and Slower Projectile because they was cheaper than a 6 link bow or armour, is just a bonus, is not mandatory

My Items

Gem Links

• Rain of Arrows(or Blast Rain) + Trap Support + Cluster Traps Support + Elemental Damage with Attacks Support + Added Cold Damage Support
  • The sixth link will be Elemental Focus Support
  • Auras: Wrath(very important because of flat elemental damage), Herald of Ice or Thunder or both if you use Tinkerskin
  • Decoy Totem(quality 15+) + Minion and Totem Resistance Support is very important on bosses, especially red tier maps
  • Frenzy + Curse on Hit + Elemental Weakness for bosses, is not so special but it puts some damage

Passive Tree

Bandits

I took the passives.

Ascendancy

- Chain Reaction and Perfect Crime are mandatory
- Pyromaniac help with defense
- NOW depending or your play style, you can take Born in the Shadows for more defense, and thrust me, is good, you can even facetank some bosses and groups of mobs, or, if you trow a trap and run, you can take Explosive Expert for a very nice bonus of damage

Experience on Maps

- Sorry but I'm not able to do some videos, my PC is sooooo bad, but if you have some programs to make ones with a very bad PC, leave a comment
BUT, I was able to do up to T13 maps(don't have currency for higher, sry :( ) with mods like extra damage, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, etc, but you will be alot more defensive on hard mods resulting that you will be slower
- also Atziri Queen of the Vaal and Uber Izaro, Death and Taxes, Acton Nightmare, they was easy
- Decoy Totem is you friend on high tier maps

Leveling

OK, this was bad, very bad, still don't know how to level this in a good and a fast manner, what can I tell you is that I use Rain of Arrows around level 30 with Deerstalker, ROA + Cluster Trap + added Cold + Elemental Damage

Others

- don't know, what else can I add?

P.S.
- sorry for my bad english :(
Last edited by martinel91 on Jun 6, 2018, 5:45:57 PM
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2018, 5:46:17 PM
RoA and the proj. weakness curse doesn't fit together

1. Pierce does nothing
2. knockback isn't very useful
3. 44% increased damage is not really as good as it sounds

Though the other curses are awkward too with you setup.

Anyways, with only frenzy and GMP, you won't be tagging entire packs with one shot, so it's only really usable on bosses. In which case, temp chains or enfeeble?
"
easternshadow wrote:

1. Pierce does nothing

Anyways, with only frenzy and GMP, you won't be tagging entire packs with one shot, so it's only really usable on bosses. In which case, temp chains or enfeeble?

- that's why I didn't say anything about curses, for now
- knockback can be useful to protect Decoy Totem in some cases
- but i can use Elemental Weakness since i have alot of elemental damage
- and Frenzy i use it just on bosses, i don't need curse on pack of monsters since they die instantly

ty for reply :) !
Last edited by martinel91 on Apr 2, 2018, 9:07:08 AM
"
easternshadow wrote:

1. Pierce does nothing

Proj weakness is 44% MORE damage not increased.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Projectile_Weakness
Last edited by Brucester959 on May 13, 2018, 10:58:25 PM
How do you deal w/ accuracy?

I think Effigon (fated Ignomon) + Born in Shadows is pretty mandatory for something like this, but I don't know if it works w/ traps.

--edit-- I put it into PoB seems like it does. Effigon adds 36.4% more dmg just swapping out the amulet.
Last edited by RedwoodLK on May 31, 2018, 8:56:34 PM
"
RedwoodLK wrote:
How do you deal w/ accuracy?

I think Effigon (fated Ignomon) + Born in Shadows is pretty mandatory for something like this, but I don't know if it works w/ traps.

--edit-- I put it into PoB seems like it does. Effigon adds 36.4% more dmg just swapping out the amulet.

beeing AOE skils most of them will hit, so I do not felt that i will need more accuracy, life and resist fits much more for my needs, that build cost me under 1ex, because I crafted the rings, items, linked the bow etc, and i'm a casual player and i still did it with a bad RNG
but of course you can modify this build to fits your needs
with new buffs to Traps and Rain of Arrows and Blast Rain, i think this build will be more powerful

Ty for reply :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info