[3.2] Max Block Spectral Shield Throw Guide - T15 Elder/Guardians Showcase

@banhbaodh you should see the jewels in the passivetree, should be displayed with the link posted there.
"
DannyCMan wrote:
@banhbaodh you should see the jewels in the passivetree, should be displayed with the link posted there.

i didn't see it :(
Added all the the jewels I used :)

Proabably Pure Physical Dmg jewels would scale with Bleeding better. But they are way more expensive.
FWIW, another unique that I have found works well with this build is an Impresence amulet supporting the Vulnerability Aura. That allows you to run another aura in addition to Vulnerability. I chose Haste for the attack speed. When I made the switch, my tooltip dps went down slightly when I switched amulets, only to recover the dps and add a bit more when I put up the Haste aura.

I'm also using Gratuitous Violence, just because the net 15% explosions are so nice.

"
FWIW, another unique that I have found works well with this build is an Impresence amulet supporting the Vulnerability Aura. That allows you to run another aura in addition to Vulnerability. I chose Haste for the attack speed. When I made the switch, my tooltip dps went down slightly when I switched amulets, only to recover the dps and add a bit more when I put up the Haste aura.

I'm also using Gratuitous Violence, just because the net 15% explosions are so nice.

Hey, yeah the amulet is quiet good for it, but you will need one with +1 curse if you want to run dual curse. I think Projectile Weakness should be the main curse, beacuse of the free full pierce. And the 25% Chance of knocking back enemys even buffs the bleeding damage (counts as moving). And a bit of Projectile Damage comes with the curse as well. Secondary then the Vuln Curse, because this build main Damage is not bleeding, bleeding is just some extra Damage on Top of it.
The Karui Ward was just one of the cheapest options with some usefull stats (30% more Area trough Projectile Speed is quiet nice) for the build and +1 curse implicit. But of course you dont need to vaal dozens of Haemophilia Gloves to Hit Vuln on Hit, or buy them for some exalts. So a Free Lab Enchant here, but you need a Free Gem Slot linked to Blasphemy. So it's a real considerable option, but a bit more expensive I think.

Using the 2 bleeding notes from the Gladiator Ascendy isnt a very good idea for my build here. Unless you are scaling more into Bleeding, and using Kaom Roots or Unwavering Stance (For not Evading Enemy Attacks). The 10% Blind on hit is counterproductiv for the Violent Retalation Ascendy. You want to block as much hits as possible to get more Damage, if the enemy is blinded you will evade attacks before blocking them and that means no Physical Damage buff. While I'm writing this here, I'm wondering why I didn't speced into Unwavering Stance myself, because I'm having 17% Evade as well. Which I think slightly debuff my damage as well....
Yeah of course evading damage on top is very good for defensive, but in this build I'm running around with 79% resistances, unbuffed 60% phys reduction and buffed 90% phys redcution with 79% max attack and spell block with 5% recover life on block and almost 6k life. And scaling up Damage with Blocking as much as possible. So I think this is way enough defenses for almost every situation in the game. (sadly not against current degen Endgame with Uber Elder)
Cool guide!

Whats your "theorycrafting idea" about swordbased lifeleech build to overcome degen?

I was thinking about this approach:
lvl87 base tree - without jewels and bit less HP
lvl99 "maxed" tree - with jewels, could get more bleed instead, but this build not focusing on it

"Budget" Gear setup would be:

Prismatic Eclipse - GGR - Whirling Blade - Faster Attack - Blood Magic
Lioneye's Remorse - RGG - Reckoning - Onslaught - Culling Strike
Rare AR/EN Helm - BRGB - Blasphemy - Vulnerability - Projectile Weakness - Enlighten
Belly of The Beast - GRRGGG - SST - Brutality - Maim - Faster A - Physical Proj. - (?)Slower Proj.
Windscream - RRRG - Cast when DT (10)- Molten Shell (12)- Flame Golem (15)- (?)Blood Rage (13)
Rare AR/EN Glove - RBRB - Cast when DT (1) - Tempest Shield (7) - Increased Dur. - Vaal L. Trap
Carnage Heart - can be corrupted for +1 curse then boots can be changed
The Nomad - pretty obvious belt
Mark of The Elder - Nice phys dmg up or stun immun depends on 2nd ring
Rare multi resist + HP ring - Shaped or Elder

With this setup you can get 72+3%+Violent Retaliation% to 79% block.
With Belly and stuff on lvl99 around 5.3K HP. (without jewels)
Life leech goes on around 3k per hit rate with 3.25 attack rate.
Resists are capped without jewels.
Blood Rage is not essential and maybe bad for Glad. Only had experience on Slayer.
So can be changed to Vaal Haste/Grace.
"
n4s1h wrote:
Cool guide!

Whats your "theorycrafting idea" about swordbased lifeleech build to overcome degen?

I was thinking about this approach:
lvl87 base tree - without jewels and bit less HP
lvl99 "maxed" tree - with jewels, could get more bleed instead, but this build not focusing on it

"Budget" Gear setup would be:

Prismatic Eclipse - GGR - Whirling Blade - Faster Attack - Blood Magic
Lioneye's Remorse - RGG - Reckoning - Onslaught - Culling Strike
Rare AR/EN Helm - BRGB - Blasphemy - Vulnerability - Projectile Weakness - Enlighten
Belly of The Beast - GRRGGG - SST - Brutality - Maim - Faster A - Physical Proj. - (?)Slower Proj.
Windscream - RRRG - Cast when DT (10)- Molten Shell (12)- Flame Golem (15)- (?)Blood Rage (13)
Rare AR/EN Glove - RBRB - Cast when DT (1) - Tempest Shield (7) - Increased Dur. - Vaal L. Trap
Carnage Heart - can be corrupted for +1 curse then boots can be changed
The Nomad - pretty obvious belt
Mark of The Elder - Nice phys dmg up or stun immun depends on 2nd ring
Rare multi resist + HP ring - Shaped or Elder

With this setup you can get 72+3%+Violent Retaliation% to 79% block.
With Belly and stuff on lvl99 around 5.3K HP. (without jewels)
Life leech goes on around 3k per hit rate with 3.25 attack rate.
Resists are capped without jewels.
Blood Rage is not essential and maybe bad for Glad. Only had experience on Slayer.
So can be changed to Vaal Haste/Grace.

Hey, I think Gladiator is the wrong ascendy for your Build idea. They Idea from Gladiator here is getting as much value as possible from blocking. Because Gladiator is obviously the best Ascendy for blocking, and the most easiest to scale.
And to get as much value from Block you need to build around that. So Block as much as possible to buff your Damage with the Violent Retalation Ascendy.
Also like the shield I crafted, with 5% Life Recover on Block, this is absolutely insane for defenses. Your completly immortal if you are get hit a lot with small hits. And >99% of the Time Damage on Full Life is active (one of the biggest support damage boosts). You will see this in the Videos, sometimes I just standing in between a big group of monsters and doing nothing and get auto healed (minute 20-22, or so in the video), or even tanking bosses with opened stat Tab. So Blocking increases your damage and heals you. Its like a winwin situation ^^. And with your setup I dont think you will reach the maximum Block Rate. And if youre not blocking you also a very good defense setup as well.

On top of it I'm already leeching at my maximum rate trough the Watchers Eye jewel. And with Vitality Aura you can sustain blood rage which gives you attack speed and on top frenzy charges.

So yeah, even its a budget option, youre not scaling enough around blocking to get the best out of the gladiator ascendy.
"
DannyCMan wrote:

Hey, I think Gladiator is the wrong ascendy for your Build idea. They Idea from Gladiator here is getting as much value as possible from blocking. Because Gladiator is obviously the best Ascendy for blocking, and the most easiest to scale.
And to get as much value from Block you need to build around that. So Block as much as possible to buff your Damage with the Violent Retalation Ascendy.
Also like the shield I crafted, with 5% Life Recover on Block, this is absolutely insane for defenses. Your completly immortal if you are get hit a lot with small hits. And >99% of the Time Damage on Full Life is active (one of the biggest support damage boosts). You will see this in the Videos, sometimes I just standing in between a big group of monsters and doing nothing and get auto healed (minute 20-22, or so in the video), or even tanking bosses with opened stat Tab. So Blocking increases your damage and heals you. Its like a winwin situation ^^. And with your setup I dont think you will reach the maximum Block Rate. And if youre not blocking you also a very good defense setup as well.

On top of it I'm already leeching at my maximum rate trough the Watchers Eye jewel. And with Vitality Aura you can sustain blood rage which gives you attack speed and on top frenzy charges.

So yeah, even its a budget option, youre not scaling enough around blocking to get the best out of the gladiator ascendy.

Thanks for the advice! Your shield is too damn awesome :P Nevertheless gonna try catch up this way to 87 and try messing around. PoEbuilder calculated pretty nice numbers, but we will see. Worst case scenario I spend some regrets on the tree and getting better gear ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info