[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Just got my first Locus of Corruption chamber.. what would be the best item to try to corrupt?

Try this https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shadowstitch
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi
Last edited by xstylenx on Jul 18, 2018, 11:18:44 PM
"
puppapuppa11 wrote:
i need help: look at my character "donrodolfo", i have almost everything except for shimmerion, but curses never reflect over enemies... why?

From wiki:
"[...] When an enemy inflicts a curse on a character equipped with Atziri's Mirror, Curse Reflection causes that curse to be inflicted on that enemy as well."

You self-course yourself with Soul Mantle (not an enemy), so no reflection of courses to enemy.

That shield do nothing for you. If you are looking at "really expensive gear" setup I suggest to better check the name of the shield :)

P.S.: "[...] I have almost everything [...]", to be honest you are pretty far from a medium setup. Your gear, in comparison, are below "cheap" setup :P
Last edited by Gegemo on Jul 19, 2018, 4:06:34 AM
I don't get the 'light res penetration gem' does the penetration add extra damage or how does it work.

Does it work on enemies who don't have any light res, will it be useless? Or will they receive extra lighting damamge? Noob question sorry just confusing.
"
Fritler wrote:
I don't get the 'light res penetration gem' does the penetration add extra damage or how does it work.

Does it work on enemies who don't have any light res, will it be useless? Or will they receive extra lighting damamge? Noob question sorry just confusing.

Elemental penetration gems, in this case lightning penetration, add damage to your DPS but it's not shown in the tooltip.

It's more effective vs. enemy with higher resistance but still effective also vs. low/no resistance enemy.
Ah I see thanks !
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
puppapuppa11 wrote:
i need help: look at my character "donrodolfo", i have almost everything except for shimmerion, but curses never reflect over enemies... why?

From wiki:
"[...] When an enemy inflicts a curse on a character equipped with Atziri's Mirror, Curse Reflection causes that curse to be inflicted on that enemy as well."

You self-course yourself with Soul Mantle (not an enemy), so no reflection of courses to enemy.

That shield do nothing for you. If you are looking at "really expensive gear" setup I suggest to better check the name of the shield :)

P.S.: "[...] I have almost everything [...]", to be honest you are pretty far from a medium setup. Your gear, in comparison, are below "cheap" setup :P

looool you are right, i just need holiday xD
does the .5% damage leech boot enchant work with arc totems, and if so does it leech for the totems or me ?
It doesnt say Attack Damage leech, so it should atleast leech for something :D
"
WesleyCau wrote:

3a) Try Flame Dash, Faster Casting, Arcane Surge & Increased Duration in a 4L.

Especially with some cast-speed on the tree, this combination is very strong in bossfights. Once you get used to it you'll have Arcane Surge up 100% of the time for 11% more damage, 11% more cast speed and some mana regen - more than enough to make up for Shim. Obviously, it's not ideal for zooming around maps so you'll still need a Quicksilver flask but its fine for ledge jumping and fast escapes.

5) Vaal Cold Snap is a great option for a CWDT gem-link.

Especially, on a build like this which doesn't otherwise have access to frenzy charges, i'm amazing how often I end up with full charges just clearing maps. You can even self cast the Vaal Cold-Snap at the start of a boss-fight to guarantee the damage boost.

I hope someone found this useful and good luck exiles!

LightningPepeMonster

anything what can critical = Flame Dash or anything what is linked to CWDT and will critical nevertheless it will do 0 damage will cause you to activate Shimmerons (400 damage taken per second and per power charge if you have dealt critical strike recently)

I did find out hard way (i died once because of this) and during testing of CWDT with several spells (cold snap, vortex, etc.)

this make it very deadly especially for Flame dash if you use it as escape skill more like you will always trigger the Shimmerons mechanism (i have 91% critical chance with 7 power charges with this skill in middle of the fight)

i use Flame Dash solely if there is no enemy in front of my dash direction and indeed as you wrote to get arcane surge + I have another arcane surge linked to manual curse

"
jackbubu wrote:
does the .5% damage leech boot enchant work with arc totems, and if so does it leech for the totems or me ?
It doesnt say Attack Damage leech, so it should atleast leech for something :D

you dont do any damage, your totems do = you cannot leech anything here
Last edited by tspcz on Jul 22, 2018, 9:29:27 AM
2 questions:

1. I don't know what's going on but lately i have more problems to survive then ever, probably because of this 400 dmg taken from Shimmerons. I didn't feel that much hurt from this mod earlier :/ Is there any tricks/options to weak it?

2. Also most my deads are from AOE monsters (projectiles attack skills), how to deal with it? Is there anything i can change in my gear without investing in Atziri's Reflection?

I can sacrifice some dps because it's more then enough.

Last edited by Ventori on Jul 22, 2018, 12:42:15 PM
"
Ventori wrote:
2 questions:

1. I don't know what's going on but lately i have more problems to survive then ever, probably because of this 400 dmg taken from Shimmerons. I didn't feel that much hurt from this mod earlier :/ Is there any tricks/options to weak it?

2. Also most my deads are from AOE monsters (projectiles attack skills), how to deal with it? Is there anything i can change in my gear without investing in Atziri's Reflection?

I can sacrifice some dps because it's more then enough.

1) Hi, I'm not sure if your problem with shimmerons if because of you lightning warp to enemies or from enemies, and doing crit, or because of your gloves enchantment (not sure how your enchantment works). Try to use other random gloves for a couple of maps and see if that is the problem.

2) Try different pantheon power, try Soul of Lunaris, maybe that helps (I use it). If you also take the chain add, you can do chain mod maps too. Avoid them as hell if you dont have this pantheon upgrade. Other than that, it's playstyle, dont stop to put 3 totems, etc, place one, move, place one, move, etc, etc, generally always but more if ranged monsters. Don't ever stop for more than half a second with this character.

Hope this helps
IGN: Gonorreitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info