[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Soransis wrote:
... I was just wondering how you felt about their [totem] survivability without totemic mastery.

During levelling I died few times because of low life/low damage totems (casting them too late vs a big pack or breach). With a more caution play it should be a no problem. In the end game they will have enough life/dps to overcome everything (the hard hitting bosses will still kill them in one shot but TM will not solve this issue).

"
Anticro wrote:
Hey! What do you think about dropping the clear mind and actually using Haste gem from the Vaal Haste? I imagine you'd suffer a bit of survivability loss due to the mana reservation, but it would help with general mapping QOL I'd imagine.

Not worth the EHP loss.

"
Tecken1407 wrote:
I might go this as HC starter, u think it would work well?

Accordingly I'm not an HC player, totem build can be played safer then many others but I died often during levelling and sometimes also in the end game with full gear.
For HC I will probably follow Mathil solution (more life, defensive chest). The DPS is more than enough anyway.

"
koros wrote:
"
SlowJelly wrote:
Why no Totemic mastery?

Only useful if you want more life for totems, because going that route (to pick Totemic Mastery
) will waste many points.
Only thing you should care about is Uber Elders, but your totems will just die from a hit or 2 in that fight, so picking more totem life doesn't really help :)
That's what I can think of, but if you test it on PoB, you can see:

Without TM vs Wih TM:

DPS: Much Higher >< Lower

EHP: Approximately the same, a few hundreds more life won't save one from bad play

Totem life: Lower >< Higher: but you summon totems so often, and your totems die so often - that you won't really notice the difference :) Placing them away from packs and out of boss AoE is a better approach, imo.

Perfect reply. I couldn't have answered better.

"
projectsix wrote:
... Is there a solid replacement wand [to Shimmeron] that can run red tier maps fine that is cheaper? Just a rare?

Void Battery but I don't whink it will be much cheaper. I'm plannig to play with Moonsorrow/rare until Shimmeron. Shaper should be doable in anycase and the Shimmeron drop rate should not be that bad.

"
TakmaN wrote:
I'm curious if there's alternatives to shimmerons as well as I like to zoom zoom shield charge or whirling blade. I think some top GC totem builds last league used a rare dagger/mace and a shield.

Go for dagger + offensive shield.
Will be comparable to Shimmeron? No.
Will be strong as GC? No.
Will still be strong for mapping and bosses (except really hard ones)? Probably yes.

tbh im comparing your build with mathil's the big difference is the soul mantle and a few passives

its just your preference or its a must for your tree?
"
Lanceabbott wrote:
tbh im comparing your build with mathil's the big difference is the soul mantle and a few passives

its just your preference or its a must for your tree?

Soul Mantle isn't mandatory but it's a huge DPS increase that help in top end boss fights.

ITEMS:
- Mathil use a rare chest that gives him life, resist and some DPS.
- I use Soul Mantle that give serious DPS and some minor QoL.
TREE:
- Mathil went for Scion life wheel and Totemic Mastery resulting in more life and QoL.
- I skipped those nodes because inefficient (I'm not saying they are bad, just inefficient) resulting in less life and more offensive tree.

TL:TR
Defensive option: Mathil items + Mathil tree.
Offensive option: Soul Mantle + my tree.
Middle way: Soul Mantle + Mathil tree.
Last edited by Gegemo on Jun 1, 2018, 7:05:32 AM
"
Gegemo wrote:
"
BenDurane wrote:
Yeah im not a big fan of ele focus, probably go for crit damage + shock

also made slightly tree changes (dropping jewel for throatseeker), for ealry league.

Can't wait to start with tmw

Thx for sharing :)

The damage node missing at the wheel of Ancestral Bond is good too. If you drop 2 jewel nodes and use the intelligence route for Throatseeker you will have similar DPS: www.poeurl.com/bVSp

Jewels are still superior because you can have life.
Clear Mind is absolutely wanderful (and should be cheap).

that's exactly how my tree looks like :)

----------------------------------------

Totems will take the damage, right??

if so and really needed:

- ele focus
+ minion and totem ele resistence support

guess "Arcane Blessing" is to far away?
"
BenDurane wrote:
Totems will take the damage, right??

if so and really needed:

- ele focus
+ minion and totem ele resistence support

guess "Arcane Blessing" is to far away?

If you mean totem take Shimmeron damage, the answer is no. Shimmeron damage happen only when YOU crit and apply to you.

Arcane blessing isn't worth.
Ignore me.
Last edited by SuicidalBaby on Jun 1, 2018, 9:06:56 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2137063

do i misunderstand something?

ok totems are not traps but really?
Last edited by BenDurane on Jun 1, 2018, 9:43:05 AM
"
BenDurane wrote:

I intended to reply, but I saw that you did 40/40 challenges :) so I guess you're not asking the basic mechanics, then what do you intend to ask? :|
All crit works with Totem or just Global Crit Multiplier?
Or i could find Spell power/Lightning dmg+ Amu?

Can i update some items,maybe shaped gloves with added faster cast)
If you play this at 3.3 please let us know your new items :)

Im new, and i dont know the gear update possibility
<3
Thanks!

Love this guide, ARC will be stronger in 3.3
"
Gegemo wrote:

If you mean totem take Shimmeron damage, the answer is no. Shimmeron damage happen only when YOU crit and apply to you.

Arcane blessing isn't worth.

"
BenDurane wrote:

"
koros wrote:
"
BenDurane wrote:

I intended to reply, but I saw that you did 40/40 challenges :) so I guess you're not asking the basic mechanics, then what do you intend to ask? :|

Gegemo says shimmeron damage goes to you and not to totems.
Bex says shimmeron damage goes to traps and not to you.

I'm totally lost :(

In my head totems are same as traps/mines, they work different.
So if shimmeron damage not going to totems, why not?

Man, i wish english were my first language, sadly it's 3rd :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info