Garukhan in an eggshell...

Why is Garukhan in that egg-like vessel in the middle of a ring of old buildings, which lay on the border of an extensive quarry and refinery? I can understand why Kira built a little shrine around it. Is there some lore to that or does it just happen to be a another boss arena?

Seems like the Sarn occupation of the area would have desecrated such a holy relic if they had known it was the vessel containing a god.

Also, how did Kira know it was there? Tasuni perhaps?
Last edited by gloryhole88 on Mar 20, 2018, 2:13:29 AM
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2018, 7:09:33 PM
She is described by Irasha as a goddess of lies and by Sin as "beautiful".
But beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, even more if we speak of gods.
I can only guess that this egg shaped structure may represent a symbol for the Maraketh regarding the cycle of life and respecting the Mother.
But Garukhan betrays this tenet by accepting Oyun as a sacrifice.
Spoiler
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Nice shots. I've never looked that close to see that she uses part of the egg as her shield. I wonder if Sin put her in there...
"
gloryhole88 wrote:
Nice shots. I've never looked that close to see that she uses part of the egg as her shield. I wonder if Sin put her in there...

That could be in his possibilities.
He used the Dark Amber back in the days , so the gods went dormat for centuries.
Maybe Garukhan was the very reason why he invented the Dark Amber/Beast, in hindsight acknowledging that divine/god powers should be used for the right things and not for destruction & enslavement.
You can say in this case he learned from his own mistakes (he was initially a bad guy) , as well what he experienced in relation with other gods.

But that is all speculation. Only the official PoE comics could unveil the canon story-arc.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info