Spectral Shield Throw

I really want this skill to be good.
But it isn't.

It needs to give more damage per armor/evasion. Single target is horrible.
I also think it needs to chain at least one time because if you want to use this and clear maps you either have to roll deadeye or use the Ewar's sword.

I went with a jugg ascendancy and stacked strength and accuracy. Using a 2k armor shield. The speed was awesome, the damage on trash mobs was fine. But the single target was pretty much non existent.
Can we get a rework or?
Any Love for this skill ? It have huge potenial but need some buff !
Well, i tried SST for the first time, and im really confused. I read a lot about Damage with Weapons Penetrates X% Resistance modifiers not applying to Spectral Shield Throw, yet in the game it looks like this:

If it does not affect the skill in any way, why is it listed there?

Im eagerly waiting for a confirmation, because it is pretty hard to test, and i have to change my tree according to the information.

Thanks.
Last edited by Motopsycho on Mar 11, 2019, 11:08:26 AM
can you please make this garbage skill do some damage?

why have you released this and just left it in this awful state?

it literally does about half the damage it needs to do to be good, im not even exaggerating with that.
Does somebody know for sure if the splinters can chain?

With the new Jewel you could have so many chains ... but it seems like only the main projectile chains (but doesn't pierce and multiply), while the small ones can't chain, but pierce and multiply.

Is there a definitive answer?
dp
Last edited by anovoca on Jun 14, 2019, 11:05:00 AM
I am just curious if any consideration has been given (or would be given) to making shield based abilities their own skill type? The argument I make for this is that most of the shield attacks are not viable(or appealing) as end game centric abilities, meaning you would not go and fight shaper or uber elder with a shield based attack as your primary 6-linked ability.

If made into their own skill type, that would allow them to come with their own unique support gems, as well as allowing shield skill damage modifiers on the passive tree. There are also currently no unique items in the game that focus around shield based attacks, so the opportunity exists to add some new and exciting items in game at a future patch.

I would even go so far as to argue that Raider and Jugg could get some rework to make these skill types feel more at home for these ascendencies. Juggernaut feels like the best fit overall, with their already high accuracy rating being a good match for projectile damage and high chain support. I think a rework to the underwhelming "unbreakable" keystone to make it into something that allows juggs to equip a shield with a 2-h weapon could be a real game changer.
Been playing this skill a bit now and it feels really good most of the time WITH the jewel, without it, it feels really silly.

Talked to a friend that also played one right now

Single target it feels really weird and "weak"
When you MISS a target, it feels really bad as well.

What we really would need, is to have a callback to spectral weapon in a way

The shield need to Bounce back on single target. just an cosmetic addition. (maybe slight first target +15% damage or something)

When using the jewel, imagine it bouncing back to you once it's done, EVEN if it has NO effect, it whould make it "feel" better i believe. it whould make is more Captain America for sure, but, it whould also be a logical callback to Spectral Weapon, and it whould also give it a better feel on single target AND if you miss a target, just make it return like Spectral weapon.

Just a simple fix, try it out internally and see how it feels, i BET it will make it feel much better in all situations where it doesn't really deliver in feeling.

IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
As SSF player I'm disappointed about absence of new jewel for quest reward.
Wanna play it? Nah, fun not allowed.
Some skills play-ability is locked behind threshold jewels, and it limits build choice for a league.
SSF only

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info