3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

"
Hi,

I have been farming in red maps with this build and everything was smooth as butter.

Today, I tried T16 maps for the first time with this build and I noticed at the boss fight, my zombies are dying. How can I prevent this from happeneing?

Seemed the guardian and spectres were surviving even with zombies dead but problem was the zombies.

I currently have above 1k strength and jewels are mixed with some little bit of leeching, % life regen, then mostly focused on damage, attack speed, and movement speed increase.

Thank you in advance

Zombies are not designed to survive every fight. If you hit a hard boss which kills them, but leaves you alive then they did their main job, which is meatshield. If you really want them alive for the whole boss fight, swap queens escape for 2 x mon treguls grasp or 1 x chaber chober or 1 x mon treguls and 1 x shield.

You can get more minion nodes from the trre, add in fortify support gem or empower, but some bosses are just too good at shredding your minions, so these are also only going to help some of the time.
I'm having issues with Uber Elder, not because of the build but because my internet sucks (rural DSL). I get lots of small lag/rubberbanding. It's hard with this fight because I need to constantly move and cast skeletons. I got them to about 50% on my second try.

Anything I can modify to help with my issue? I was thinking I could drop zombies from chest since they die quickly anyway and go 1h/shield, if so what shield? Then what should I do with the extra 6 sockets? My gear is pretty much maxed out, I can make small improvements but nothing significant.

thank you
I see..

I thought it was an issue because after zombies were dead, the fight became way much harder and since there were no corpses around, I couldn't resummon back zombies.

So would it be that I just spam skeleton and try to stay alive as much as I can at that point?

Thank you for such a quick reply!
"
irsons wrote:
I see..

I thought it was an issue because after zombies were dead, the fight became way much harder and since there were no corpses around, I couldn't resummon back zombies.

So would it be that I just spam skeleton and try to stay alive as much as I can at that point?

Thank you for such a quick reply!

Before and during every boss fight you should be casting Desecrate to create corpses. This allows you to make more Zombies and also to cast Flesh Offering for more damage. Most boss fights don't start until you get close to the boss so you have plenty of time to set up.

It's worth sustaining Zombies as much as you can because they grant you a physical damage reduction buff thanks to the Fleshbinder Ascendancy. If you need to disengage your zombies from the fight in order to protect them, just move away from the enemy you're fighting.
Hey,

Thanks for the great build. I was leveling a necro with good dmg but became 1-hitable around lvl 50 and your build not only fixed that but upped my dmg, thanks!

I play on xbox however, and can't equip all the spells you have listed to actionable buttons (there are 8 but I leave A blank for picking up items).

What skills are the best ones to leave out?
"

Hey,

Thanks for the great build. I was leveling a necro with good dmg but became 1-hitable around lvl 50 and your build not only fixed that but upped my dmg, thanks!

I play on xbox however, and can't equip all the spells you have listed to actionable buttons (there are 8 but I leave A blank for picking up items).

The only skills you spam are skellies and phase run. The other 5 slots are for potions, decoy totem, offering if you are running it. All spectre, golem, ag, zombie, auras, desecrate skills get left out and swapped to an active skill button only when needed.
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"

Hey,

The only skills you spam are skellies and phase run. The other 5 slots are for potions, decoy totem, offering if you are running it. All spectre, golem, ag, zombie, auras, desecrate skills get left out and swapped to an active skill button only when needed.

Hey, thanks for clearing that up for me, cheers!
"

How are you spamming Phase Run? It's shown as linked to CWDT which makes it uncastable manually? Edit: Holy shit I'm a dumbass, I thought you meant it should trigger with CWTD so I didn't level it up so it's not able to be triggered :P

Also, I threw in this jewel and goddamn I feel a lot tankier now

Last edited by WeaponizedSP on Jul 4, 2018, 1:57:00 AM
Minor guide note, the 'Pantheon' heading/content is nestled in the spoiler for the preceding section (Jewels)

Really enjoying this build. Any thoughts around utilising a reduced Hatred/Haste reservation enchant on the Baron? Or is the build intended to kite away more than the AOE of the aura?
"
Erelyes wrote:
Minor guide note, the 'Pantheon' heading/content is nestled in the spoiler for the preceding section (Jewels)

Really enjoying this build. Any thoughts around utilising a reduced Hatred/Haste reservation enchant on the Baron? Or is the build intended to kite away more than the AOE of the aura?

Hatred won't work in this build because Brutality Support removes all Elemental damage.

If you wanted to use Haste you'd probably drop Blasphemy and run Haste + Purity of Elements + Enlighten. This would definitely up your DPS at the cost of the defensive curse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info