3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"

Is there a trick with minotaur? I felt really strong on all t15 maps and hydra then I got to mino and he wrecked my minions and killed me pretty easily

Minotaur is a hard fight for us. His HP is so high that you cannot finish the fight quickly, so you'll need to kite well. The AOE rock falls wreck minions and minotaur attacks will too.

some suggestions:
- Don't try this fight if you are close to levelling up!
- Swap phase run for flame dash. You'll want a teleport type skill to get past the electic slowing feature. Phase run is not a good skill for this fight.
- unsummon animated guardian
- spectres, golem and zombies will probably die fast, so skellies are doing the work here.
- take a reduced physical damage or increased armour flask like rumi's concoction
- It seems to me to be better to take a minotaur hit than be caught in the rockfalls, or the electricity field, so your priority should be
1) dodge rockfalls and the electric slowing shocking things
2) dodge minotaur hits
3) cast skeletons
4) stay out of harms way while skeletons whack away.

Once they die, repeat steps.

Ok thanks, I'll try this when I get another t16 mino. I had just leveled so I was trying some bosses last night.

I also had trouble with the Uber Atziri trio, one of them ruined me. I had 2 dead and the one that summons and has an AOE ice rain or something did so much AOE that I would go in the room, phase run around and die nearly instantly (with 7500 HP, max res). I'm running dual 6l so there isn't a ton more I can do gear wise other than tighten up my gems a little more (a lot are at 20/20 or 19/20)
"
Ok thanks, I'll try this when I get another t16 mino. I had just leveled so I was trying some bosses last night.

I also had trouble with the Uber Atziri trio, one of them ruined me. I had 2 dead and the one that summons and has an AOE ice rain or something did so much AOE that I would go in the room, phase run around and die nearly instantly (with 7500 HP, max res). I'm running dual 6l so there isn't a ton more I can do gear wise other than tighten up my gems a little more (a lot are at 20/20 or 19/20)

hmm. Uber atziri should be an absolute walkover with this build. The trio should not even touch you. When you enter the instance you have the chance to get all your skellies (vaal skellies too) summoned before the bosses become active. Pop phase run, run around for 1 - 2 seconds, collect loot. None of your minions should die, and nothing should hit you. The bosses can be either off screen, or at the very edge of the screen. Maybe you just had an unlucky run, they tagged you with a crit chain or something.

Same goes for Atziri, summon all skellies on one statue and it dies before the flameblast can charge up.

Maybe check that you are running soul of solaris pantheon with all mods achieved. It is a big help.
Or maybe check that you leave melee splash in for this fight.
Last edited by grimlock9999 on Jun 16, 2018, 1:35:55 PM
Hey I was wondering. How do you have enough hotkeys for the skills to summon everything? Dont we need more slot then we have? I dont even have all skills yet amd im already coming up short.
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"

hmm. Uber atziri should be an absolute walkover with this build. The trio should not even touch you. When you enter the instance you have the chance to get all your skellies (vaal skellies too) summoned before the bosses become active. Pop phase run, run around for 1 - 2 seconds, collect loot. None of your minions should die, and nothing should hit you. The bosses can be either off screen, or at the very edge of the screen. Maybe you just had an unlucky run, they tagged you with a crit chain or something.

Same goes for Atziri, summon all skellies on one statue and it dies before the flameblast can charge up.

Maybe check that you are running soul of solaris pantheon with all mods achieved. It is a big help.
Or maybe check that you leave melee splash in for this fight.

I'll try again this weekend sometime. The first 2 of the trio went down easy, it was just the third. I had already cleared all the rooms so I couldn't build back up to vaal skeletons again so I'd have to summon zombies and go in, it felt strange because I'd kite around then just get absolutely blasted by an AOE attack (looked like arrows or frozen shards coming from the sky). I do need to tighten up my pantheon mods so I'll get some of that stuff tight before I try again.

thank you
"
mcbats wrote:
Hey I was wondering. How do you have enough hotkeys for the skills to summon everything? Dont we need more slot then we have? I dont even have all skills yet amd im already coming up short.

This is my current set up for hotkeys;

LMD: Summon Stone Golem (he won't be summoned unless you hold Shift) - MMB: Summon Zombie - RMB: Summon Skeleton

Q: Vaal Summon Skeleton - W: Phase Run - E: Enfeeble - R: Purity of Elements - T: Animate Guardian

Now, I'm actually running Enhance rather than Desecrate in my Blasphemy set-up. So when I need it, I pop the gem into my Phase Run slot, so it binds to W for the duration of its stay. And I manually swap Q to Summon Spectre for the few times I need to re-animate them. Everything else is basically static the rest of the time.

Related to Enhance, I should probably run the math if Empower would be better overall. Given the Stone Golem occupies the same spot, the increased regen would perhaps be appreciated.
"
mcbats wrote:

Also. Is the skill link section updated? It differs from your gear. And in your playstyle descriptions you talk about totems and fear.

*edit* didnt see your reply above. Thanks for the answer!
Last edited by mcbats on Jun 16, 2018, 4:53:48 PM
bump to top
"
Yalpe wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/yalpe/characters

Thoughts on my gear in general? I think I'll drop decoy totem/voideye soon as I don't use it that much. I'd rather have more life on the ring.

Would you keep the helmet enchant? (+36% resists to all minions)

I just finished the uber lab/reg atziri without dying and I'm starting T9 maps soon. My jewels are far from great too. My money goes towards a 6L Queen's Escape. I got a perfect roll decree (15% dmg and life and 199% duration!). Sadly I only got 90% speed on it.
;
Should I get jewels first instead?

I also recommend Rotgut, its been great for those maps with lots of branching.

Gear is good, but your jewels are not ideal (understandable if you're still levelling :) ).
I'd suggest removing Unending Hunger as our Spectres don't do much damage and won't benefit from Soul Eater.

For your other jewels, remember that added elemental or chaos damage doesn't work due to the Brutality Support gem on your minions. Focus on Physical Damage for minions and Life for you.
"
Yalpe wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/yalpe/characters

Thoughts on my gear in general? I think I'll drop decoy totem/voideye soon as I don't use it that much. I'd rather have more life on the ring.

Would you keep the helmet enchant? (+36% resists to all minions)

I just finished the uber lab/reg atziri without dying and I'm starting T9 maps soon. My jewels are far from great too. My money goes towards a 6L Queen's Escape. I got a perfect roll decree (15% dmg and life and 199% duration!). Sadly I only got 90% speed on it.
;
Should I get jewels first instead?

I also recommend Rotgut, its been great for those maps with lots of branching.

hi, very minor thing but u chose a 5% life node over a 5% life and +8% mana node
"
Gear is good, but your jewels are not ideal (understandable if you're still levelling :) ).
I'd suggest removing Unending Hunger as our Spectres don't do much damage and won't benefit from Soul Eater.

For your other jewels, remember that added elemental or chaos damage doesn't work due to the Brutality Support gem on your minions. Focus on Physical Damage for minions and Life for you.

Yes most of the jewels I have are those I found myself. Only exceptions are the two Violent Dead and Enthralling Gaze (bought this one). I'll play around with PoB to see what would benefit me the most. Thanks for the comments!

"
hi, very minor thing but u chose a 5% life node over a 5% life and +8% mana node

Did I? I'll check it out. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info