Act 6 Quest (Lighting the Beacon)

Hello, and thank you for reading. I just picked this game up again a few days ago and started going through the story after having been away for a while and have not been having too much trouble with anything difficulty wise, until the quest near the end (?) of Act 6 where you have to light the beacon to burn the flag. I'm not sure if its the fact that my archer has become a glass cannon( not on purpose really, it just sort of...ended up that way) or if i am doing something wrong, but the spike in difficulty here seems extreme. I really have no idea how to complete this, the Spectral Buccaneers seem to spawn endlessly and far too quickly and the ghost turrets near the end of the tracks mean i literally cannot stand in the circle past a certain point. Even killing the turrets doesn't really help, because they just spawn again like 5 or 6 seconds later.

I really don't want to have to redo my entire character just to pass this one point in the game, it seems a bit ridiculous. I don't really see any reason why this one very small mandatory area needs to be this painful. I guess you could say i just need to "get gud", but honestly id rather just drop the game and move on, i dont care all that much. It would be a shame though, I was enjoying the game up to this point.

Does anybody have any advice or know if they plan on making this a bit easier in the future?
Last edited by Effef on Mar 18, 2018, 4:04:47 AM
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2018, 9:01:14 AM
It gonna get worse anyway so you either get someone to help you, respec your char if you got the orbs or redo the char. Not many options
If you have problems with this then your character is very weak. What is your max Life and elemental resistances? You probably have problems on the damage side too.

This game is more complex and challenging than these days standards (which is non-existent difficulty and idiot proof mechanics). All of us have messed up our first character(s)

So either you are keen on learning or you can look for another game.

People here can provide you feedback on your char telling you what you are doing wrong
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
I just recently started midway through abyss myself.

Basically the game ramps up dramatically - I found it hard to gauge what I needed defensively when I was learning because for some things I was completely fine and other situations required a much more beefy health pool and mitigation.

Curses, bleeds, ailments - lots of things to learn about and deal with for the sake of survival.

You'll probably need to readjust your tree for some additional defense/health etc.
Yep, totally over league play.
You do need to 'get gud', unfortunately. But not that gud. All you need to do is learn to get more life and resistances on your gear and/or the tree. It's pretty basic when you think about it - if you are dying too much then get more defenses. In this case, resistances and life are great defenses you probably don't have much of.

Another option to consider is getting a decoy totem or seige ballista totem to help tank the monsters for you, since your character currently can't tank them that much by itself.

PS: another possibility is that you don't have much life recovery. You could try using 'life gain on hit', or upgrading your life flasks.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Mar 18, 2018, 9:04:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info