[3.2] Explosive Scorching Ray Elementalist (and Friends) - cheap - Shaper viable

OK, Megumin on build's background... I just have to use it from now on
Hi! I've re-spec my ED occultist to your build and I really like it. While playing I've dropped another "Dyadian Dawn" took the time to re-read what it does and thought: would the leech work and be of use?
"
Nin_tu1977 wrote:
Hi! I've re-spec my ED occultist to your build and I really like it. While playing I've dropped another "Dyadian Dawn" took the time to re-read what it does and thought: would the leech work and be of use?
It would only work on Shield Charge because that's the only attack in the build.
So naturally it would not be very useful.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Thanks for the answer. On another topic, if you have an anima stone instead of putting the ice golem in an unset ring, you could also use an elder ring with warlord mark on hit and remove it from CWDT and put the golem instead. The warlord mark on hit would trigger with the lightning balls.
Getting a good elder ring might be complicated but it's an option.
hc viable? thinking about the incursion league
"
Nin_tu1977 wrote:
Thanks for the answer. On another topic, if you have an anima stone instead of putting the ice golem in an unset ring, you could also use an elder ring with warlord mark on hit and remove it from CWDT and put the golem instead. The warlord mark on hit would trigger with the lightning balls.
Getting a good elder ring might be complicated but it's an option.
Yep there's a couple of ways to get a 4th golem in, the main problem is that the build is pretty tight on gems.

A low level CWDT Golem might die a bit often, but I guess it works just for the ascendancy buff.

"
Tecken1407 wrote:
hc viable? thinking about the incursion league
Haven't played it in HC, but seen other people do so.
The high range and corpse removal makes it pretty safe, but you definitely want defensive flasks.

Also I think GGG wanted to change something about Elemental Equilibrium, so I'm not sure if this build will work in 3.3.
Builds and Guides:
Hey

Was browsing the build guides in the forum and came across this for my incursion league starter

Always interested in giving Scorhing Ray a shot and this build seems fun

I have a few questions however

1.) do you think it's a good league starter?

2.) can it go to the end game without 100 ex investment? mainly cuz i won't have too much time to play

3.) any tips and tricks?

ty so much
Dyadus: No longer has the mod "Enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage". Dyadus now has "100% increased Damage with Ignites inflicted on Chilled Enemies".

Welp.

Do you think the build is total garbage without that or?
Last edited by CannedYerins on May 29, 2018, 11:27:52 PM
"
CannedYerins wrote:
Dyadus: No longer has the mod "Enemies chilled by you take 100% increased burning damage". Dyadus now has "100% increased Damage with Ignites inflicted on Chilled Enemies".

Welp.

Do you think the build is total garbage without that or?
Weeeell...

One of the reasons I went Elementalist is so I could use Dyadus, so yeah.
The Scorching Ray damage drops by ~30-40% if you replace it with a Doryanis Catalyst.

On the other hand, everything else about the build has been buffed.

The new wording on Dyadus kinda implies that the damage also went from a multiplier to an increase?
If that's the case, it's total garbage now. If not, you can probably make this build work with Ignite.

Edit:
I just checked, it's only 100% increased Ignite damage.
Kinda kills the build unless you're ok with doing a lot less damage.
Maybe I shouldn't have called it broken :X
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on May 30, 2018, 9:06:07 AM
Do you think the Three Dragons Golden Mask can help mitigate this ?
Last edited by exxd on May 31, 2018, 8:54:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info