Remove EXP loss period its trash game design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I am sick of the fucking bullshit in your game I've supported you constantly but this is just gone out of fucking control. Doesnt matter what you do or what shit build you choose during whatever trash league is up you will hit a road block where dying 1 time results in days worth of grinding out the fucking window. This isnt a god damn JOB i shouldnt have to fucking spend 100000000000 hours each fucking league to get to lvl 99.

Remove the fucking exp loss on death its fucking trash. Nobody wants to hit a wall they cant pass because they didnt pick the same trash piece of shit build that is meant to only run uber labs and not die. Think I speak for anyone that plays this game getting to 90 takes long enough let alone dying 1 time at 90 losing 10% exp and now your whole 10 maps you ran because higher tier maps dont fucking drop (t11+) so you are stuck running the same trash t6-t9 maps that get you shit for exp.

Ive spent hundreds of hours on this game and every fucking league I play its the same fucking thing, get to around 90 then die 1 time lose 3 days of play time to just hit the same shit wall of fustration. EXP loss shouldnt be in the game in the first place. This is an action RPG not a fucking arcade game. Not a single game in history that has exp loss has been fun.

REMOVE THE FUCKING EXP LOSS NOBODY WANTS TO FUCKING PLAY YOUR GAME WHEN YOUR ENTIRE DAYS WORTH OF GRINDING IS GONE IN LESS THAN 1 MINUTE BECAUSE SOME BULLSHIT MOB THAT 1 SHOTS YOU WITH MAX ALL RES HUNDREDS OF CHAOS IN GEAR, ETC.

Guarenteed you delete my post because god forbid someone talk shit about game on your forums so other people can see that your game is a JOB not a fucking game. When a game feels like a Job you as a develeper have failed, 0 fun losing 10% exp when you die.

Level 87-88 takes roughly 150mil exp, grinding the shit mid lvl maps because 0 high tier maps drop gets about 30mil exp an hour so it would take me an entire night just to get 1 lvl at 5 hours play time yet 10% of that is gone in the blink of an eye when during this fuck ass league some red faced beast comes and bends you over and fucks you in the ass. Ooops 10% exp gone so you go back and again insta rapped o well right not like the 3 hours you just spent on trying to get a fucking level ment anything. So next day comes you try again and again and again getting to some boss or beast or some random bullshit kills you and you go up and down in exp never actually fucking leveling.

What should I do run act 1 fucking twilight strand for years on end just to lvl and never worry about dying to some dumb broken bullshit mechanic? Or how about everyone in the game should make the same trash build because god forbid someone wants to play something else and have the same ammount of fun no no no no lets not do that lets just fucking ruin peoples gaming experience by making the game a fucking job just to level past 85.

I Ran last night with a buddy everytime i got 10% exp some bullshit red faced beast mob insta kills me and then back to where i started all night long and its the biggest waste of fucking time I didnt have fun and i sure as hell dont want to fucking play no more after that fucking trash.

But let me be these china asian fucks that run full party of buff bots that follow them so they can never die in the game. Is that what your games become is you have to run multiple accounts just to level past 90 because doing anything solo in the game thats not in solo self found league shouldnt be done right? right???????

Anyways doesnt matter everything anyone says falls on deaf fucking ears since you game devs obviously thought it was so COOL to take exp from people that die in a action RPG.

All I can say is remove exp loss or I will do you just like I did Blizzard and I will boycott you forever, never buying a thing from your company again taking my friends with me to whatever other game we decide to go to. I know that me and my few buddies that leave wont hurt your pocket book and thats fine but eventually after enough people leave taking their friends with them will leave your game in the same state as diablo 2 filled with nothing but Spam bots selling shit to the few hundred real people left actually playing the game anymore.

/endrant
#GamesShouldntFeelLikeJobs
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2018, 3:31:23 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
A rather crude way of getting your point across, with various assumptions and insults in it.

If there was no penalty at all for death, the game would quickly become really really boring. It's quite simple really, half the excitement when mapping high tier dangerous mod maps is from the fact you could lose an entire day worth of exp if you mess up. If that goes away, you'll just be mapping ResidentSleeper style.

Careful what you wish for, buddy.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Lots of people assume that the reason they can't get past 90 is because they didn't make a meta character. That's just flat-out wrong. The people who are level 100 in Bestiary already could get to 100 using exactly the same main skill, uniques, keystones and ascendancy points your build is based around. It would probably take them a bit longer (since your build is probably shit), but they would get there. And if you built the exact same build as they used to get to 100, with the exact same gear they had at level 90, you would still be floundering around dying all the time and taking days to get 10% exp at level 90.

How do I know this, if I'm not one of the people that can get to 100? Simple, because I'm one of the people that has trouble getting past 90, and dies all the time. But at least I have the common sense to realise *why*.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
The XP penalty on death is the last bastion, the last integrity this game have. Removing it means every noob can get lvl 100 with a 4k life mathils build. Plus there would be no point in building tanky characters just damage dual wield statstick ele conversion abyssus 4k life builds ready to pwn and get onshotted without xp loss.
If not remove it at least lower the % loss to about %3 or so that would take the pain away.

i agree, remove the xp loss if character is >lvl85, after that make you loose all of your curren txp if you die :D
d:-D*
Somebody died to a mob they shouldn't have... Twice most likely.

I mean it's happened to me plenty of times and I've reacted similar. But then I get my verbal cussing out of the way and then I'm good to go. Cuz I know the game needs the exp penalty.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
It can be really frustating, i can understand your pain, but the real problem is when u get a error in a map and when u relog in the game is insta -10% xp.Anyway i just don t think this game is made to have fun, in the past months it seems more a mobile device game with a nice shop to buy mtx and show yourself in front of your friends. It all about the money, is not anymore about the community or having fun. Can t u see how much they invest in mtx , while so many unique items don t have 3d art, this is just straight bullshit and also, most of the mtx's cannot be supported by their engine, gives errors and crushes the game. ProjectPT was right ,u all laughed abut him back then but he was right afterall.
There has to be a penalty for death, otherwise they would need to eliminate the soft-core entirely.

Some suggestions

1. Death portal. 1 per map. if you die in a map you lose access to the map. Still have 6 deathless portals. No penalty before 2nd kitiva kill.
2. Gear degradation. Need currency to repair. cost Determined by level/number of total deaths. The more you die , the more it costs to raise each gear piece in quality %. This way your gear wouldn't break , but your efficiency would suffer. must have at least 1% quality on a piece of gear , or it loses 25% effectiveness of attributes.
3. In zone death reduces all drop rates and quality modifiers by 25%

It can be a whole lot worse, if you think about it.
I enjoyed the death penalty in D2 were you had to get your items and parts of your xp from your dead body :P

You could just reload to move your body to town but you would lose the XP on that (not the items though) and if you equipped yourself anew and died the items would just drop to the floor and could actually be lost, it was always fun when you basically died 10 times more to get your body back, because you thought it wouldn't be too hard, but when you did get it back it was quite an achievement.

The mechanic would propably work better in PoE, since it has a lot less unfair mob mechanics you simply cannot evade. If you just move in PoE almost nothing can hit you (basically only Arc and Flicker).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info