Desync and lag

Is there any word about GGG working on fixing the Desync issues? Imo this is the worst problem on the game right now.

Using movement skills is almost impossible. It happens atleast once every map. Whirl next to mob, game freezes for 5 seconds, then I'm dead on the ground. Super frustrating. I have a 150/150 fiber optic connection so that isn't the issue.

I hope GGG is working towards fixing this.

Last bumped on Mar 19, 2018, 10:38:56 AM
I don't know if they can fix this issue. At least, not if they can significantly effect the game's response time in loading up new sections of a map as the player rapidly moves through them.

I love movement skills. They're awesome. But.. using them back-to-back-to-back always results in rubberbanding/update issues when moving through a map. And, when engaged in serious situations, like a heavy boss-fight, they can be dangerous to use in rapid succession. More than once I've found myself rubberbanded back to the previous position, which I was looking to escape from, and minus a pretty big percentage of my health... There's no way I'd ever play Hard-Core mode on the XBox. Won't happen.

In short: This issue may just be something we'll have to learn how to deal with.

My connection is great, too. I still end up checking on it, from time to time, and will reset everything if there's any sign of it not being a clean pipe straight to where it needs to go. Even so, I can reproduce rubberbanding easily by just using Whirling Blades three times in a row to traverse any map. The more it's used without giving the game time to properly update, the bigger the rubberband effect.

I played a build centered around Cyclone last League and would occasionally have the same issues, but only in very crowded fights, certainly not as bad as rubberbanding with Whirling Blades.

Note: It may be that GGG's "predictive positioning" algorithm/whatsits might be having an effect on this. If so, it might be possible they could rework it to be more forgiving of movement skills and the like. That would be a big help.
The random dsync lagg has almost made me quit especially with the nasty death penalty when u die and its not your fault, not going to put up with this much longer.
They should remove the death penalty until they fix this, its becoming impossible to play a smooth game.
Just had this happen very, very, badly to me while running a Lab. At one point, when I first moved after I zoned in, after waiting until everything was loaded and my timer was almost up, every "rock elemental" creature within sight went through their activation/wakeup animations.

That means that those mobs, with an animation that ques off of the player's position, thought that I, the player, was everywhere on the map, given that there were several groups of them left, right, and ahead of me on the map.

I've seen the game react to quick loads before a position gets reported. Every player/active mob streams from the player's spawn point. You can see that in towns when you load in and things get borked up. Some random player literally "flies" from the portal position at a speed impossible to achieve normally to wherever it is that the game finally figures out they're at...

Position reporting issues continued, with assumed desyncs throughout my play to the point where I stopped using Whirling Blades. I almost died not because I can't run Labs, but because the game relocated me 3/4 of a screen away at one point and snatched 3/4 of my life away, since it had put me on top of a sawblade. Nice...

HOWEVER, then I was disconnected... GG, me, back in Sarn.

BUT, it wasn't my fault nor my connection's fault. I checked my network connection and Xbox's reporting. "Microsoft Live is experiencing connection issues." This was self-reported by XBox.

The thing it that I was still in contact with a friend, both of us in a "party" on Xbox and my friend was playing the game, as well, with no disconnects.

One of two things:

Either there's something in the Lab done differently than during normal play that reacts to an XBox Live problem or, somewhere along the line of my particular pipe, outside of what Xbox can see, there was a problem.

Sure, it could have been coincidence. But, after Xbox Live came back up (or the Xbox received a handshake and figure out all was well) I experienced no other issues whatsoever, even with Whirling Blades.

So... another "This is what happened to me" story for others to consider. "My" fault? No. An ISP or DNS error somewhere along my pipe? Maybe. XBox Live connection issue specific with running Labs? I dunno, I don't know why they'd require that for Lab runs and not for the rest of the game. /shrug
Just when I thought there was no way we could beat this dead horse anymore, I had some mobs desync while using their movement skills... I was still able to kill things around it. Note that it is not me desyncing, but it is the mob. 5 rubberbands in roughly 6 sec, then the game decides it would just be easier to teleport me to the mob.

Video - http://xboxclips.com/Corrison/663c2f13-1bfb-49ee-b884-c4aa99a6b6f5
Skip to 0:30 for rubber-banding dogo.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Mar 19, 2018, 10:39:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info