How much added damage WOULD shield toss get if it scaled with increased shield defense nodes?

I havent seen anyone tally this up yet sooo...
Starting from ranger.
40(shadow/ranger)
40 (shadow/ranger)
60 (ranger)
30 (duelist/ranger
40 (duelist/ranger)
25 (duelist)
40 (duelist)
25 (duelist)
40 (duelist)

total: 340%

Would an additional 340% physical damage break this skill?
No... No i dont think so. Ive never seen an SST build break 100K without insane PoB special gear. You would also be devoting a majority of your tree to achieve all these increased defense nodes.
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2018 10:57:02 PM
the problem with SST isn't the damage imo, it is the ineffectiveness of the skills mechanic
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
the problem with SST isn't the damage imo, it is the ineffectiveness of the skills mechanic

It does have a huge lack of damage though. If it had more, it would be better.
But theres nothing that scales your shield damage - just attack damage while using a shield.

If SST scaled with increased defenses like it did with increased projectile damage or attack damage while using a shield it would at least be capable of gaining the damage it needs to do well.
"
Completed 4 ChallengesAskelar wrote:
just attack damage while using a shield.

And projectile damage?

Anyhow, it IS lackluster - kindly put, and should've scale with shield defensive nodes. Those node are quite useless anyhow. But then again, why go with a shield, stacking attack damage, when you can dual wield with crazy off hands?

Because of balance.
Straw Polls will save humankind! It is known!
guys i leveled with it and honestly it was fine as a secondary skill. I think it's a great utility skill for one handers, you can build up power charges or leech a bit during boss battles if you use a shield. But knowing GGG they will give in to all your tears soon enough and make it molten strike 2.0
4/13/2015 = The day so many of us got Rachel'd.

Rachel_GGG : #1 Forum Devourer
"
Completed 17 ChallengesPhrazz wrote:
"
just attack damage while using a shield.

And projectile damage?

Anyhow, it IS lackluster - kindly put, and should've scale with shield defensive nodes. Those node are quite useless anyhow. But then again, why go with a shield, stacking attack damage, when you can dual wield with crazy off hands?

Because of balance.

Projectile damage scales the projectile, not the shield specifically. Semantics i guess.
On PoB my elemental deadeye has 243% increased attack and 263% increased projectile... with a 1200 or so evasion shield. That translates to 55K dps single target and 42K AoE. Thats so little damage... I could swap over to spectral throw with a basic elemental sword and get better dps.

But with an additional 300% phys that turns into ~150K single and ~120K AoE, which is highly respectable for having devoted my entire build to get all those shield defense nodes. Which if youve ever tried it... Is a massive sacrifice because you forgo a lot of potential life nodes to make it happen.
"
Projectile damage scales the projectile, not the shield specifically. Semantics i guess.
On PoB my elemental deadeye has 243% increased attack and 263% increased projectile... with a 1200 or so evasion shield. That translates to 55K dps single target and 42K AoE. Thats so little damage... I could swap over to spectral throw with a basic elemental sword and get better dps.

But with an additional 300% phys that turns into ~150K single and ~120K AoE, which is highly respectable for having devoted my entire build to get all those shield defense nodes. Which if youve ever tried it... Is a massive sacrifice because you forgo a lot of potential life nodes to make it happen.

I know, I did the numbers in PoB too. Took ALL attack damage nodes, all projectile damage nodes and all global physical nodes. Didn't get CLOSE to decent numbers on a six link.

But I guess it falls into GGG's policy; some skills are meant to be crap. Or, as others would've put it: "Some skills are meant to be 'fine as secondary skills while leveling'".
Straw Polls will save humankind! It is known!
"
"

I know, I did the numbers in PoB too. Took ALL attack damage nodes, all projectile damage nodes and all global physical nodes. Didn't get CLOSE to decent numbers on a six link.

But I guess it falls into GGG's policy; some skills are meant to be crap. Or, as others would've put it: "Some skills are meant to be 'fine as secondary skills while leveling'".

Have you tried leveling with SST? It even fails at that.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Completed 20 ChallengesPyrokar wrote:
"
"

Have you tried leveling with SST? It even fails at that.

I sucked it up and bought a 5l for an elemental SST - its working a lot better thus far (in A4 at least)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info