How much added damage WOULD shield toss get if it scaled with increased shield defense nodes?

I havent seen anyone tally this up yet sooo...
Starting from ranger.
40(shadow/ranger)
40 (shadow/ranger)
60 (ranger)
30 (duelist/ranger
40 (duelist/ranger)
25 (duelist)
40 (duelist)
25 (duelist)
40 (duelist)

total: 340%

Would an additional 340% physical damage break this skill?
No... No i dont think so. Ive never seen an SST build break 100K without insane PoB special gear. You would also be devoting a majority of your tree to achieve all these increased defense nodes.
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2018, 10:57:02 PM
the problem with SST isn't the damage imo, it is the ineffectiveness of the skills mechanic
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
D3izhistory wrote:
the problem with SST isn't the damage imo, it is the ineffectiveness of the skills mechanic

It does have a huge lack of damage though. If it had more, it would be better.
But theres nothing that scales your shield damage - just attack damage while using a shield.

If SST scaled with increased defenses like it did with increased projectile damage or attack damage while using a shield it would at least be capable of gaining the damage it needs to do well.
"
Askelar wrote:
just attack damage while using a shield.

And projectile damage?

Anyhow, it IS lackluster - kindly put, and should've scale with shield defensive nodes. Those node are quite useless anyhow. But then again, why go with a shield, stacking attack damage, when you can dual wield with crazy off hands?

Because of balance.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
guys i leveled with it and honestly it was fine as a secondary skill. I think it's a great utility skill for one handers, you can build up power charges or leech a bit during boss battles if you use a shield. But knowing GGG they will give in to all your tears soon enough and make it molten strike 2.0
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Askelar wrote:
just attack damage while using a shield.

And projectile damage?

Anyhow, it IS lackluster - kindly put, and should've scale with shield defensive nodes. Those node are quite useless anyhow. But then again, why go with a shield, stacking attack damage, when you can dual wield with crazy off hands?

Because of balance.

Projectile damage scales the projectile, not the shield specifically. Semantics i guess.
On PoB my elemental deadeye has 243% increased attack and 263% increased projectile... with a 1200 or so evasion shield. That translates to 55K dps single target and 42K AoE. Thats so little damage... I could swap over to spectral throw with a basic elemental sword and get better dps.

But with an additional 300% phys that turns into ~150K single and ~120K AoE, which is highly respectable for having devoted my entire build to get all those shield defense nodes. Which if youve ever tried it... Is a massive sacrifice because you forgo a lot of potential life nodes to make it happen.
"
Askelar wrote:
Projectile damage scales the projectile, not the shield specifically. Semantics i guess.
On PoB my elemental deadeye has 243% increased attack and 263% increased projectile... with a 1200 or so evasion shield. That translates to 55K dps single target and 42K AoE. Thats so little damage... I could swap over to spectral throw with a basic elemental sword and get better dps.

But with an additional 300% phys that turns into ~150K single and ~120K AoE, which is highly respectable for having devoted my entire build to get all those shield defense nodes. Which if youve ever tried it... Is a massive sacrifice because you forgo a lot of potential life nodes to make it happen.

I know, I did the numbers in PoB too. Took ALL attack damage nodes, all projectile damage nodes and all global physical nodes. Didn't get CLOSE to decent numbers on a six link.

But I guess it falls into GGG's policy; some skills are meant to be crap. Or, as others would've put it: "Some skills are meant to be 'fine as secondary skills while leveling'".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Askelar wrote:

I know, I did the numbers in PoB too. Took ALL attack damage nodes, all projectile damage nodes and all global physical nodes. Didn't get CLOSE to decent numbers on a six link.

But I guess it falls into GGG's policy; some skills are meant to be crap. Or, as others would've put it: "Some skills are meant to be 'fine as secondary skills while leveling'".

Have you tried leveling with SST? It even fails at that.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Askelar wrote:

Have you tried leveling with SST? It even fails at that.

I sucked it up and bought a 5l for an elemental SST - its working a lot better thus far (in A4 at least)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info