With 30 beast bag limit we need to know the numbers

Found out in the other thread that there is a 30 bag limit on beasts. Even though that's a stupidly low artificially set limit we need to see the total captured count on the beast name line instead of the worthless symbol that only tells me that it's not a new beast. I need to know how many of the beast I'm pointing at I've already caught to decide if I want another and most importantly so I don't waste time and nets if I'm already at the 30 beast limit.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2018, 8:16:52 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You can view it by pressing H, and looking at the amount you have in stock there.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
isn't it always worth catching beasts cause it dequeues the one with the lowest level which you don't want anyway?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 12, 2018, 7:02:34 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
You can view it by pressing H, and looking at the amount you have in stock there.

lol^^ a little far from ingame reality, right?

Imagine this...
... a bloodthirsty warrior meets a bloodthirsty beast in the wilds.
The beast prepares for a furious attack....
...the warrior shouts "Hang on mate! I need to check sth!", pulls out a book and starts flipping through the pages.
"What the hell are you doing?!" shouts the beast. "I´m hungry, what the fuck, dude!"
"I need to check if I should kill you or catch you in a net! Wait a minute!"

Last edited by IamLoco on Mar 12, 2018, 12:58:56 PM
"
vio wrote:
isn't it always worth catching beasts cause it dequeues the one with the lowest level which you don't want anyway?

Yup. It is exactly that.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Yup. It is exactly that.

Not exactly. If the beast you catch *is* the lowest level, then it deletes that one, meaning it doesn't count as captured. So no fancy tick in your bestiary, and no progress towards challenge.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Yup. It is exactly that.

Not exactly. If the beast you catch *is* the lowest level, then it deletes that one, meaning it doesn't count as captured. So no fancy tick in your bestiary, and no progress towards challenge.

Ah! Now, yes, that sounds like a problem. Thank you for clarifying: when I read the original post, it sounded like they were only concerned that they would hit the cap, and be unable to capture any beast (eg: high level one) usefully at that point.

I, uh, may also have to go clean out some beasties before I work on that challenge, too. So I'm glad you said that!
Ohhhhh yeah, thats a problem, esp if you are rolling a new char.

It should always push out the lowest one in the manageri regardless of the level of the captured one.
Or oldest, either way.

"
IamLoco wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

lol^^ a little far from ingame reality, right?

Imagine this...
... a bloodthirsty warrior meets a bloodthirsty beast in the wilds.
The beast prepares for a furious attack....
...the warrior shouts "Hang on mate! I need to check sth!", pulls out a book and starts flipping through the pages.
"What the hell are you doing?!" shouts the beast. "I´m hungry, what the fuck, dude!"
"I need to check if I should kill you or catch you in a net! Wait a minute!"

In my world, the beast would have been dead before I could press the "H" key to look.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info