[3.9] Pure Phys Skeletons & Friends Necromancer — Beginner/SSF/Budget Build

"
Havoc7 wrote:
Been following this build and really enjoying it! I am just wondering if it would be beneficial to switch to a staff for extra damage? Then use flame dash or lightning warp for mobility? Anyone tried this?

Very bad idea: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Frenzy_charge#Effects_on_monsters_and_minions
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Power_charge#Effects_on_monsters_and_minions

If you lose Victario's Charity, you lose all these benefits which equates to a huge dps loss that the 40% extra minion damage from the staff enchant can't make up for. It might work with Soulwrest, if you muck about with the gems a bit and include Summon Phantasm on Kill in the staff.
Last edited by surferrosa0 on Jan 17, 2019, 8:48:01 PM
"
Havoc7 wrote:
I was just wondering your opinion on using this build with Grip of the Council and Elemental Equilibrium? Obviously, this would alter it from pure phys, but using the identical build with this one alteration seems like it would boost total damage output immensely for a small cost and one skill point. Any thoughts?

This does exactly nothing when you are using Brutality.
I'm loving this build so far, in ssf, I'm thinking of going ES instead of hp with it so far at lvl 59 , I have 1.6 HP, 2.4 ES.

I got a midnight bargain drop, would you recommend using this and dropping the amu?

Would sins rebirth benefit the minions?
Last edited by markde101 on Jan 17, 2019, 11:54:54 PM
Hey guy,

I'm newbie haha
I'm follow your build and it's working very fine! Thanks

Whats is Fear jewelry?

You said:
"Clear speed isn't going to be quite as good as screen-clearing spectres or golems, especially if you don't have Fear jewelry."
Not sure if this has been mentioned before now or if I've just missed it somewhere, but I've been wondering where the 12th skeleton comes from. I have, basically, the same gear as the "Sample gear," but can still only summon 11. My Vaal Skeletons gem is level 20, so I wasn't sure it was from a level 20/ 20% gem or something else that I'm not seeing. I'll link my gear to make it easier for anyone to help. Don't mind the gem setup cause it's not finished. lol Thanks in advance.

"

Hey guy,

I'm newbie haha
I'm follow your build and it's working very fine! Thanks

Whats is Fear jewelry?

You said:
"Clear speed isn't going to be quite as good as screen-clearing spectres or golems, especially if you don't have Fear jewelry."

"Fear jewelry" is pertaining to jewelry crafted with essences of fear that add minion movement speed. He mentions it in the middle of the guide under "medium budget."

Example:
"
Not sure if this has been mentioned before now or if I've just missed it somewhere, but I've been wondering where the 12th skeleton comes from. I have, basically, the same gear as the "Sample gear," but can still only summon 11. My Vaal Skeletons gem is level 20, so I wasn't sure it was from a level 20/ 20% gem or something else that I'm not seeing. I'll link my gear to make it easier for anyone to help. Don't mind the gem setup cause it's not finished. lol Thanks in advance.

Dude you dont have the +1 Skel boots Alberon's Warpath, it's a cheap item and get your 12th skel at the start until you can replace it with a +1 skel armour 6 link.
Any tips for Uber Elder? Having trouble dodging the slamming tentacles and rising slam, just one shots me out of nowhere. Do I have to just keep in closer range to watch what the elder is doing?
"
Jimmygee1 wrote:

Dude you dont have the +1 Skel boots Alberon's Warpath, it's a cheap item and get your 12th skel at the start until you can replace it with a +1 skel armour 6 link.

My 6 link armor has the "+1 Zombies/+1 Skels" mod on it. That's why I'm asking where the 12th one comes from if you have the mod on the armor. The guide says you don't need Alberon's with the mod on your armor, but I still only spawn 11 with the gear I posted.
I’d like to strongly suggest give a try to craft “Trigger a Socketed Spell When You Use a Skill”. Get one of those on a random weapon after some Syndicate encounter to understand how it works. Gameplay changes to:
1) Use movement skill or quicksilver
2) Use 2 casts of Summon Skeletons at each mob pack
3) Don't wait them to kill packs
4) Go to step 1.

At bosses you just move and cast Summon Skeleton non-stop.

When you cast Summon Skeleton the weapon auto-casts one of its gems. I use desecrate, flesh offering and vulnerability.

Clear speed greatly improves cause you don't waste time on casting the three chosen spells, socketed in the weapon. Also each pack is automatically cursed and minions are automatically buffed with Offering.
Boss fights improves cause you don't waste time and concentration on the casting and have more time and attention to dodge deadly boss attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info