The Content Update 3.2.0 Concept Art

"
Timbroslice wrote:
delete all lootboxes

DELETE YOURSELF!
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
from all of the effort you guys have put into bestiary it looks like you planned from the start for it to go core

dont make it go core
its fine as a league mechanic but its so invasive to normal play and so out of place thematicaly that even if you do sort out its issues it will just be bad for the game overall
Last edited by grayscaler on Mar 12, 2018, 12:27:53 AM
"
GGG gets a pass because they're doing it as fairly as possible: they're transparent with the odds; every mtx inside is worth at least as much as the box itself; and the price of the box itself is significantly cheaper than most other games' 'gacha' rolls.
Loot crates are scummy as a concept but GGG still do them as fairly as possible. And they're clearly working, because we're up to several iterations now and GGG are putting more and more resources into mtx design as they go. So mystery boxes aren't going anywhere. Please just accept that fact and continue to support...or don't. That's about as far as your power goes in the matter.

the thing is they shouldnt get a free pass
yes poe is still completly free to play, and thats a fantastic thing
them selling the microtransactions is completly and totaly acceptable, i think they charge a bit much personaly, they seem to be all in on the whale side, but thats just cos i cant afford them personaly
however instead of selling the microtransactions normaly, they choose to sometimes sell them in lootboxes, THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING and ggg should NOT get a free pass with this
its blatantly obvious from supporter packs and seperate releases that gg can and does make money off of selling microtransactions outside of lootboxes, they do not need to use the scummy gambling system that lootboxes entail
yet they do still sometimes do it, and its for one reason, they know it preys upon addictions and that "maybe the next one" mentality, which causes people to spend more then they can afford.
lootboxes in all forms, even when in agame like poe, are predatory in nature and incredibly scummy to do
i like ggg, i think poe is a fantastic game despite its flaws, and i absolutly despise that there are lootboxes in the game
they can sell the cosmetics normaly, they shouldnt NOT sell them as lootboxes
I don't want to start another "lootboxes are bad" debate - it's been beaten to death and there's hundreds of them out there. But people who are debating whether GGG should or should not sell lootboxes probably need to understand that GGG first and foremost is a business company. They are a provider of services and we're the customers. They are not your friends. They are (and they should be) focused on constantly improving their services, profiting and expanding in every way possible. And it so happened to be that lootboxes are pretty much part of the gaming business model right now. Vote with your wallet - don't like the system, don't support it monetarily. But since there's millions of people who do, we have good ol' demand and supply going on. Unless lootboxes will be banned as gambling from gaming business practices, there's no point in complaining that company you like sell them. It's part of the business and industry as a whole and there's no one else to blame, but people who support that model with their money.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

GGG gets a pass because they're doing it as fairly as possible: they're transparent with the odds; every mtx inside is worth at least as much as the box itself; and the price of the box itself is significantly cheaper than most other games' 'gacha' rolls.

I suspect you're quite ignorant to just how scummy loot crates/gacha has been and remains to be in games, both free and paid. Were you not, you'd know that while GGG are indeed indulging in a shady as fuck practice, they're doing so in a way that couldn't be more fair. Some games charge upwards of 10-20$ USD for a single roll of their premium crates. Most encourage bulk buying by giving you greater chances of getting good stuff if you do a ten roll. And almost all of them have some sort of effect on the gameplay.

And on top of that, GGG are STILL sticking to their closed beta promise that all game content would be free. That stuff isn't free to for them to maintain.

Compared to shitfests like EA's BF2 fiasco and the seriously greedy whale-catching on Chinese and Japanese mobile games, GGG more than deserve that pass.

As for why we have duplicates: that's part of why they can keep the cost of the mystery boxes so relatively low. Sometimes you get a 'dud', sometimes you get something worth ten times the amount of the loot crate. Remove that aspect and the price of mystery boxes would have to be raised dramatically. That's just a fact.

Battlerite is a different financial model (it looks like it's basically SMITE's) so your comparison doesn't stand. It's easy to do things like duplicate reduction when some of your mtxes affect gameplay (locked heroes/Gods that you have to grind to get) and thus can be relied on as a steady source of revenue. The closest GGG have to that is stash tabs, and that's pretty grey compared to the allure of unlocking Heroes/Champions/Gods quickly. I understand your stance but these sorts of comparisons don't hold water.

Loot crates are scummy as a concept but GGG still do them as fairly as possible. And they're clearly working, because we're up to several iterations now and GGG are putting more and more resources into mtx design as they go. So mystery boxes aren't going anywhere. Please just accept that fact and continue to support...or don't. That's about as far as your power goes in the matter.

I appreciate the time you put into this post and I agree with some of it, but them being *the fairest possible lootbox* while not compensating or doing anything with duplicates is baloney.

In a game like Overwatch, If i'm hunting from a skin I particularly want - If i get duplicates I will get *compensated* with credits that I can then use to purchase the skin I want. I could buy a thousand loot boxes and not get the chaos/order set - Surely it's unlikely but possible.

Don't use the fact they are staying free to play as some kind of bargaining chip either, if PoE went paid, they would likely lose such a large portion of their playerbase for them going against what they initially said.

Like i said earlier, I love PoE and have spent literally thousands of dollars on this game but I will continue to vote with my wallet and not touch lootboxes and I sincerely hope one day they realise how lousey and shitty they are and remove them from this game i so dearly enjoy.
delete all lootboxes
Just want to express my utmost thanks to the art team/3d animations team. I got no clue who acually does the hard work, but i am enjoying this Sin/Innocence armor set incredibly much. Looks fantastic! Keep doing that stuff and i'll keep poaring money into it :D
"
grayscaler wrote:
from all of the effort you guys have put into bestiary it looks like you planned from the start for it to go core

dont make it go core
its fine as a league mechanic but its so invasive to normal play and so out of place thematicaly that even if you do sort out its issues it will just be bad for the game overall

Agreed 100%. I personally didnt like it since the reveal. It just doesnt fit the game imo. I do play the league like it was standard. I mean I still enjoy the game like it is theres no issue but I wont like the beastiary in the core game as well.
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"
Last edited by coyd on Mar 12, 2018, 3:03:23 AM
Just wanted to express my love for Einhar's design as well as the Menagerie portal design. It's amazing.

-

On the topic of lootboxes, GGG's business model is the fairest I've seen. I like that the odds are published, the items are cosmetic only and they don't effect gameplay. It would be a different story if POE was a $60 AAA game where you had to pay for DLC but it's not.
Today, Wraeclast offers me a new life, written not by birth, nor family, nor society.
At what point did you decide to give Einhar the Predator arm computer? Because its clearly not in the artwork.
Last edited by Rakschas666 on Mar 12, 2018, 4:29:09 AM
Nice :3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info