Brutal Fervour mechanics

How does Brutal Fervour mechanics work?

How much leeched life can be stored this way? How long is this life being stored?
Last bumped on Mar 18, 2018, 12:36:38 PM
It's exactly the same as when you leech normally. Just imagine you're not on full life.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
in theory you can store endless amount of life leech.
So, I can deal 100000 damage at full life, then wait 30 minutes, and next time I will be hit I will still have my HP restored with that old leech?
Assume you have 10% of (relevant damage type) leeched as life; and the default 2% life leech rate (so no Vaal Pact). Let's say you have 5,000 maximum life.

A hit for 100,000 damage will create a life leech instance healing you for 10,000 life at a rate of 100 life per second. So it will last for 100 seconds.
Your life leech regen does NOT stop if you reach 100% life, it still consumes from your pool.

For example you have 5000 Life and 29% max life leech rate and 100'000 stored lifeleech, the lifeleech will deplete after 69 seconds.

With Vaal pact it depletes in half of this time.
Thanks, that explained mechanics for me.

However, in your example you say that leech instance will be active 69 seconds. But in this guide author states that Brutal Fervour can only store your leech for 30 seconds maximum. Who is right?
Last edited by Dark_Nero on Mar 17, 2018, 1:39:24 AM
Any updates?
Brutal Fervor does not "store" anything.

Any life leech instance you create will heal you for X life per second over Y seconds. See Wiki for how to get X and Y.

If your life at any point reaches your maximum during those Y seconds, the life leech instance is cancelled. All Brutal Fervor does is removes this restriction - you will always continue to regenerate for the entire Y seconds, even if you reach full life during that time. (Obviously, any regeneration happening while you are at full life is simply wasted.)

There is no theoretical limit on how long an instance of leech can last, beyond how hard you can hit with a single hit and how much of that you leech. For example, with Endless Hunger, you leech 20% of overkill damage. If you hit an enemy who has 1 life left for 100,001 damage, you will leech 50,000 life total. With the base leech rate (2% of your maximum life per second) and 5,000 maximum life, this single hit will keep healing you for more than 15 minutes.

Endless Hunger + Brutal Fervor + skill that hits hard with singular hits + low-health enemies are a good way to get a very powerful long-term life regeneration.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Mar 17, 2018, 4:54:51 AM
I understand the mechanics of leech. But DeMiGodking102 in his guide states that the effect of Brutal Fervour can only last maximum of 30 seconds.

Since he's an experienced old player, he might have a reason to state that. So, you say he is wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info