[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
vehx wrote:

Hit this while crafting, I know it doesn't have the poison double damage but is it still useful?
If you don't have the double damage mod, your claw won't beat a Wasp Nest.
(it would be a really good one if you had it though)
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Decided to minmax the build a bit. Started with weapon.

TBH I'd rather have a max attack speed roll rather than metacraft. But this is best i can get at the moment. I think i can drop one elder ring with lgoh and still heal through shaper beam if i have more attack speed. Will see how it works out. uber elder is on farm thanks to you.

is this one at least adequate (using Fenumus)?

Thanks for guide.
"
abdalazrd wrote:

is this one at least adequate (using Fenumus)?

Thanks for guide.
That's a good one, yeah.
Builds and Guides:
Finally finished 36/40 so figured I would post a recap.

This is the first time I played this build, started league with it, and it worked out great. This is the first time in 6 years I've started with a char and stuck to it and was able to get everything done. Also the first time I focused currency into one char, which has nice results, though I got super lucky on a couple crafts.
Spoiler

I saved up my first 4socket resonator for the helm which I got clean for 8ex, and got this roll with str which I annuled. The belt was also the first fossil craft I did on a belt, think it was just life/elemental rolls, so got super lucky. I made it early too and there were no belts listed at the time that was comparable. The rings were pretty easy with saved up alt/regals. The claw was the second I crafted, using mostly corroded/aberrant. I would guess a couple dozen attempts but still pretty lucky I think.

Tried Quartz early on and loved it for this build both in mapping and delve, since I find myself constantly stutter stepping.

As for Fenumus, I didn't really notice much of a difference in clear after the switch, and that's with a lvl20 added chaos, so the defense of spider is definitely worth it imo.

Anyways, thanks for the guide. You've done a good job and its a great build that I will likely start next league with if it isn't nerfed.
Last night I tried doing Phoenix and Hydra and my damage feels a bit underwhelming. What could I improve here to add more damage to it? I currently only have around 1.5ex to spend.

"

This has been the build I've had the most fun ever and I really want to thank you for helping me find what I want to be my league starter for the next few leagues.

KR
"
JeffHopkins wrote:
Finally finished 36/40 so figured I would post a recap.

This is the first time I played this build, started league with it, and it worked out great. This is the first time in 6 years I've started with a char and stuck to it and was able to get everything done. Also the first time I focused currency into one char, which has nice results, though I got super lucky on a couple crafts.
Spoiler

I saved up my first 4socket resonator for the helm which I got clean for 8ex, and got this roll with str which I annuled. The belt was also the first fossil craft I did on a belt, think it was just life/elemental rolls, so got super lucky. I made it early too and there were no belts listed at the time that was comparable. The rings were pretty easy with saved up alt/regals. The claw was the second I crafted, using mostly corroded/aberrant. I would guess a couple dozen attempts but still pretty lucky I think.

Tried Quartz early on and loved it for this build both in mapping and delve, since I find myself constantly stutter stepping.

As for Fenumus, I didn't really notice much of a difference in clear after the switch, and that's with a lvl20 added chaos, so the defense of spider is definitely worth it imo.

Anyways, thanks for the guide. You've done a good job and its a great build that I will likely start next league with if it isn't nerfed.
Great to hear, Quartz is actually a pretty decent defensive flask aswell with Phase Acrobatics.

"
wootzjeEh wrote:
Last night I tried doing Phoenix and Hydra and my damage feels a bit underwhelming. What could I improve here to add more damage to it? I currently only have around 1.5ex to spend.
I'd spend most, if not all of it on a Fossil Poison Claw. That should give you 30-40% more damage.

This will probably sound a bit weird, but you should dodge as few attacks as possible against Guardians (only the ones that can oneshot you). The less you attack, the shorter your poison will also last.
If you can't manage to hit them with Ancestral Call, try swapping it for Damage on Full Life.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Oct 1, 2018, 2:36:35 PM
Anyone tried Stygian Molten Strike MTX? i wonder if they improves fps/performance
Hey I was wondering how this claw works... whether its sellable for this build and maybe the value

any info helps... I was thinking of Ex slamming this but dont want to lose currency
"
Ragerelic wrote:
Hey I was wondering how this claw works... whether its sellable for this build and maybe the value

any info helps... I was thinking of Ex slamming this but dont want to lose currency
Uhm, it's pretty bad. Worse than a Wasp probably.
Don't exalt it.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Oct 3, 2018, 10:29:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info