[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
what do i do against chaos dmg
Easiest answer is to get chaos resistance, if you have free space on your gear you can see if you can get a little bit.
You usually don't need it because the game is balanced around low resists, Incursions are an exception for this league.

Ancient Constructs, as an example, deal a mix of phys/chaos spell damage. Getting Phase Acrobatics and Vaal Grace is more generally more helpful against those (and in general) than chaos resistance.

For most packs it's also a valid strategy to Shield Charge into them, slow with Temp. Chains and outheal with LgoH before they hit you. (You're missing fortify on your Shield Charge)

oh ok ill add fortify and take your advice, is there anything i can do to improve my gear? (besides 6l belly)
"
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
what do i do against chaos dmg
Easiest answer is to get chaos resistance, if you have free space on your gear you can see if you can get a little bit.
You usually don't need it because the game is balanced around low resists, Incursions are an exception for this league.

Ancient Constructs, as an example, deal a mix of phys/chaos spell damage. Getting Phase Acrobatics and Vaal Grace is more generally more helpful against those (and in general) than chaos resistance.

For most packs it's also a valid strategy to Shield Charge into them, slow with Temp. Chains and outheal with LgoH before they hit you. (You're missing fortify on your Shield Charge)

oh ok ill add fortify and take your advice, is there anything i can do to improve my gear? (besides 6l belly)
Work on your gem setups, then your gear.

Increased Duration is pretty important on Immortal Call and Wither; Grace is a better Aura than Haste IMO. You can also use Vaal Grace and link it to increased Duration.

Gear wise I'd get a Lycosidae, after that a better chest and after that an enchanted helmet.
You could also try out Volkuur's Guidance, I haven't tested them but think they would be better (see my 3.3 notes).
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Point Blank or no?
point blank scales only initial damage not the poison
Hey, thank you for your build. I've been using it for a week now and It's really noobish friendly. I started mapping with a tabula rasa, and then changed for the belly at tier 10 when I got enough currency to afford it.

I'm thinking about changing the amulet in order to get a +1 curse, so that I can use both Temporal Chains and Despair. But that would be quite expensive in order to have that + res cap. So do you think it would be worth the exa?
"
Hey, thank you for your build. I've been using it for a week now and It's really noobish friendly. I started mapping with a tabula rasa, and then changed for the belly at tier 10 when I got enough currency to afford it.

I'm thinking about changing the amulet in order to get a +1 curse, so that I can use both Temporal Chains and Despair. But that would be quite expensive in order to have that + res cap. So do you think it would be worth the exa?
I assume you'd want to get Despair through Witchfire Brew. If you're using Volkuur's, Anger tends to be a better source of mana reservation.

Despair adds about 60% dps vs trash and 12% dps vs endgame bosses, so it's mainly worth considering if you want to clear faster.

I'm not sure how much exactly you'd spend for an amulet, but if it's more than ~3ex, I'd probably get a helmet enchantment and elder rings before that. They're better for general purpose.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Jul 20, 2018, 3:19:00 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"

I assume you'd want to get Despair through Witchfire Brew. If you're using Volkuur's, Anger tends to be a better source of mana reservation.

Despair adds about 60% dps vs trash and 12% dps vs endgame bosses, so it's mainly worth considering if you want to clear faster.

I'm not sure how much exactly you'd spend for an amulet, but if it's more than ~3ex, I'd probably get a helmet enchantment and elder rings before that. They're better for general purpose.

Thanks for your answer. Yup I use the witchfire. I do use volkuur and anger as well. And I've found a 1exa amulet so I gave it a try; and it works pretty well.

I allready have a 40% molten strike damage enchant on a starkonja (actually it's the reason I started this build); but I don't know if the +3 projectiles would be much more usefull. *
And for the elder ring, I don't know, it looks very expensive to me to get a little bit more dps and less mana leech...

*I've checked on PoB the starkonja gives me +11% dps. a starkonja with +3projectiles would be -6% dps but +1/3 projectiles so something like +25% dps depending on weither the projectiles hit the target or not. So yeah it might worth few exa. hmmm A Hrimnor resolve would be nice too for map clearing.
Last edited by Juniper69 on Jul 20, 2018, 4:10:02 PM
"
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"

Thanks for your answer. Yup I use the witchfire. I do use volkuur and anger as well. And I've found a 1exa amulet so I gave it a try; and it works pretty well.

I allready have a 40% molten strike damage enchant on a starkonja (actually it's the reason I started this build); but I don't know if the +3 projectiles would be much more usefull. *
And for the elder ring, I don't know, it looks very expensive to me to get a little bit more dps and less mana leech...

*I've checked on PoB the starkonja gives me +11% dps. a starkonja with +3projectiles would be -6% dps but +1/3 projectiles so something like +25% dps depending on weither the projectiles hit the target or not. So yeah it might worth few exa. hmmm A Hrimnor resolve would be nice too for map clearing.
Yeah, the enchant is about 28% more projectiles. Almost all of your damage should come from the balls, so it's the same increase whether they hit the target or not.
The other advantage of that enchantment is that it also increases your poison duration and life recovery since you're causing more hits.

The elder ring is there to increase your life (and maybe more resists), because Thief's Torment doesn't have that.
It's definitely expensive (I didn't even get it myself), but ~600 life can make a difference in endgame bossfights, especially Uber Elder. You could probably hit 8k life with corrupted Kaom's Roots.
Also you don't actually need that much mana on hit, 1-2 jewels along with Soul Raker should be fine.

Hrimnor seems alright if you can get it enchanted or corrupted.
Builds and Guides:
hmmm ok. Thank you very much for this exhaustive answer. I clearly see now what I can do to enhance my char.
Sorry for the probably stupid question, but: what is your chance to poison? From what I can see you have 40% from passive tree, 20% from wasp, and 25% from the flask (which probably isn't up all the time on bosses) which brings you to 85%. Wouldn't you want this to be at 100% all of time since you're getting 15%-40% more poisons which is a huge dps boost? Or am I missing something? Why wouldn't Lesser Poison or running something like Voidheart (for bosses where you don't have the flask up) or getting more "10% chance to poison" nodes on the tree be better?

Edit: Oh, man I'm dumb. You get another 40% chance to poison from the Assassin node Noxious Strike. Sorry for the stupid post, lol.
Last edited by Tyrkrol on Jul 25, 2018, 4:18:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info