3.2 Ascendant (20c budget) - 4x Firestorm totem , Self Flag Soul mantle League Starter

Hi All,

haven’t written up a guide is a while but here goes, this was my league starter and imp sitting on a decent amount of currency because of it so I thought I’d share.

Concept:
Concept:
using the standard totem cheese with a Soul mantle , self-flagellation jewel and dual kikazaru's for big damage increases.
I also am not crit which mean i can make use of 2x Solaris wands for a HUGE increase in damage.
The Scion ascendancies are great now and I use the Hiero for extra totem + nice dmge , plus the Chieftan for "Covered in Ash" and the jewel of the build the totem leeched to you as life I cannot stress how powerful this one thing is!

Levelling:
Levelling:
0-25 ish use a strong unique weapon with high dps , molten strike with ancestral call.
Use this until you get to ancestral bond on the tree this is your priority rush to it asap, once you get to it use spell totem + fire storm + Conc eff + controlled D
Don’t stop to kill packs unless they are bunched together you will have more than enough dps to deal with you being 10+ levels under zones later on.
Once you pick up ancestral bond go directly to EO.
fill out the tree to all damage nodes then at around 50 pick up MoM, from this point on you are basically just grabbing life nodes and jewel slots.

Ascendancies:
Ascendancies:
Normal : path the Hiero
Cruel : Hiero + path to Cheiftan
Merc : Chieftain
Uber: Marauder start

Required items :
Required items :
Soul mantle gives us our 4th totem and a free link! it also enables us to make use of the next item to benefit from SM' apparent draw back.(1-3c, 5L'd myself but I think 5L are around 15c atm)

Kikazaru rings these all but negate the curses we inflict on ourselves with the soul mantle the 20% left over is not enough to concern us on this build it does mean we have to slightly over cap our res to make sure we are never below 75% (1c)

Self-Flagellation you can start with a cheap 3c 10-14% roll one and upgrade to a 19-20% later on but this is a nice dmge boost for us and when bossing you can get to 6-8 curses on you no problems so you are getting 60-160% inc damage.(3-20c)

Shade of Solaris wands , these give us a flat 40% ele as chaos and given we are a totem user and not crit we have full uptime of the awesome 240% combined spell damage boost.
(1-2c)
new herald of ash is almost a 8th link for us with the 12% more mutli and the over kill isn’t much but it does help.

Rare’s for the rest priority being:
Life
Res
Mana
Attributes (Str/int) - on amy
MS min 20% on boots

Enchants:
Enchants:
30% FS duration
1- 160 dmge if you haven’t killed recently!

Jewels:
Jewels:
Abyss jewels trump regulars as we lack big amount of flat HP/Mana also have huge increased damage multipliers so even with Firestorms low dmge effectiveness (30%) getting flat beats out getting even more increase from normal jewels.
Damage 1st so we want Fire added to spells , Fire to spells while Dual wielding , Damage pen if you haven’t killed recently , any other flat ele boosts
Then HP , Mana.

Links:
Links:
Firestorm - Ele focus - Controlled D - Concentrated effect - Faster casting - Firepen (lower dps increase vs trash much higher vs bosses).

Orb of storms - Curse on hit - Ele weakness - Inc crit

CWDT - IC - Vortex (for chills) - Phase run (to not get ck blocked)

CWDT - Curse on hit - ele weakness - Arc

Inc duration - Vaal Clarity - summon lightning golem (to be replace with vaal light trap soon)

Herald of Ash (unlinked)

Flame dash - faster casting

Off hand 6s staff FULL of firestorms!!!

Flasks:
Flasks:
1 HP
1 Mana
3 utility of your choosing (can go for Atziris promise / Vinktars (spell dmge) / Overflowing )

Play style:
Play style:
Mapping -
It’s a very safe build with around 5k HP , and 2k unreserved mana and 600-900 ES so we get right in there, you cast 2 totems then OoS (triggering our EO and cursing AND triggering Solaris wands) then another two totems after moving if it get hairy and you don’t feel confident dropping OoS (shouldn’t be an issue) its ok that’s what the cwdt arc is for.

Bossing -
pop vaal clarity and spam totems until you get to max curses then OoS and engage the boss nothing lasts very long.

POB - I’m at work atm so cannot provide but is someone could import my character called FStotemwhore and post it below it would be much appreciated, Please Tick have crit recently and covered in ash.

I have killed Uber Izy , Chimera , Mino , and hyrdra so far on a 5L - i do plan to take videos of all the big guys getting killed once I get my 6L going.
should not have any issues killing shaper and Uber At on a 6L.

Current Gear:
Current Gear:

Last edited by tweakzero on Mar 7, 2018, 6:17:39 PM
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2018, 12:33:38 PM
You need to be more accurate with your build pricing.

It's listed as a 20c build, but just a 5-link of the chest needed and the two weapons will put you back double that amount already.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Mar 7, 2018, 6:42:06 PM
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
You need to be more accurate with your build pricing.

It's listed as a 20c build, but just a 5-link of the chest needed and the two weapons will put you back double that amount already.

I should have clarified that you do not NEED the 5L a 4L will suffice so just buying the mantle should not cost more than a few C.

The wands for some reason have in fact gone up but i got them at 1-2c they are now only 3c
http://poe.trade/search/omotogerimomom

hey nice build would like to follow it but were is the skill passive tree every thing else you did good job posting but passive tree ??
PoB link as of just now importing character: https://pastebin.com/bfiTgLVb
Thanks! I might do this as a league starter next league. Any help with the leveling tree? Us slowpokes like being spoon fed :D
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
looks like this build unfortunately (just like almost 90% builds in the game) has become Meta, and everything for this build is alot more than the prices you are claiming. If you click on your own link for the wands, Shade of Solaris (http://poe.trade/search/omotogerimomom) that you say you can get for 3c, well the cheapest one is 20c, and thats just for one. So this 20c 4 link version of this build is now a lot more than 20c. Either soon everything will be too expensive to actually do any build or i see a lot of nerfs coming this next league/patch. Because i am trying my hardest to find one build that i can do end game content for less than 1ex....and i have not been able to find one. Everything that is end game viable cost so much right now its insane. People say its because incursion league is so easy to make currency and i am over here since day 1 and have about 100 chaos and 0 exalts in my stash. So i dont know where people are making all of this currency. I really wish i found this guide sooner, but as for now, looks like i need to continue my search for an end game build for 20c

great guide btw!

c ya

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info