[3.2] Spectral Shield Throw - Gladiator - Pure Phys

Either chain or fork is useless for gladiator. Just shield charge into pack and throw your shield. Bleedsplosions will kill everything. With chain linked you cant "pick" where shield should explode and that just sucks.

From what i've found bleed focused gladiator is lacking only single target damage vs bosses. Clearspeed on trash is very good tho. Dropping Ewra's Mirage gives opportunity to use Prismatic Eclipse with 3 Green sockets. Bonus to IAS from those sockets is so big that Faster Attack Support can be changed for Deadly Ailments or Swift Affliction.

Currently my links are SST - Physical Projectile Damage - Damage on Full Life - Brutality - Swift Affliction. 6th link will be probably Deadly Ailments.

I'm also running Vunerability and Projectile Weakness with Blasphemy. Combined with 72% block/spellblock (that buffs on getting hit to 78% thx to ascendancy node) i'm just shield charging into everything :) I try to utilize high block with vengance and reckoning connected to onslaught support for the buff.

For easier boss killing i use Ancrestal Protector and Blood Rage. Stone golem connected without Culling Strike is also helpfull.

Only downside of using Prismatic Eclipse that i found so far is the fact that i had to drop Cwdt setup but with high hp pool and max block it's not an issue.
Last edited by Cr1tic on Mar 12, 2018, 2:09:22 PM
"
Cr1tic wrote:
Either chain or fork is useless for gladiator. Just shield charge into pack and throw your shield. Bleedsplosions will kill everything. With chain linked you cant "pick" where shield should explode and that just sucks.

agree!

Also, even if we dont have life leech in the ascendancy point, could be a good idea to go for Vaal pact and Vitaly void while using the flask The Writhing Jar ?

our sustain will be life leech (800 hp) and no life regen!
Ok so i have been playing around with this quite a lot!

my findings;

Weapons;
I think there are only two ways to go (excluding the resist all weapon as that is only to meet resists and i would not recommend it past initial gearing)

DPS:
Prismatic Eclipse - hands down the best as it gives 36% global attack speed that works with SST

Tanky:
Elder Rare with "x% chance to gain endurance charge when you block, 1% block chance per endurance charge" and also as fast APS as you can get (for sheild charge)

I am running Tanky version now, makes keep endurance charges up easy!

Spec:
I have dropped blood magic

Its not really needed, get one item (a ring) with mana leech on and you dont have mana issues, i know run arctic Armour and Determination. But if i can get an enlighten i will run determination and haste.

I also run vaal lightening trap for boss DPS and vaal haste

With my current spec i have taken 1 extra endurance change (also gives life regen per charge). With 4 endurance charges and determination i hit 90% phys damage reduction (the cap) with rumi's up and the 4% block from endurance changes, i hit 75% attack and spell block. Ontop of thisi have 18% evasion which goes to 41% when i use a jade flask.

So with the above i am very, very tanky, i also have 5282 life. I am also using Abysus, so that counteracts the phys reduction, hence wanting to cap it. I also using Belly as my chest, but i want to get hold of the new chest just discovered, which with the high Phys damage, i think will be BIS (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Loreweave)

Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAQCAQBeBIcFLQaLCC4JMwomDY0OPBQgFE0UcRR1FSAV7BiRGNsZjhm0Gj4aVRutHHUg4yP2LOktgy5TL8wv1zJOMn4z2TboOSU6Uj0APeI9_ECgRZpHfkjuSn1NklBHV1RYY1qfW69fP1_aYSFhUmLsZU1mtmhlbNh07XXLdqx4rnk5eu97FHzZfuKBm4IHhNmE74ZghrOHdoqzivCMz419j5mRzpOolLicxJ7No4qkwrCrsbO2irciuR277byfvTa-eL6nwL_BgsSCz37RNtIh02_Tftl82sHcJ90N4izl5ulG6Xbp1eoY6mLtg-3X7w7vTu968kHz3fZI9qP3Mvjr_Es=?accountName=mwickings&characterName=CrixusMaximus

Items:
Head: Abysus
Weapon: Elder Rare/Prismatic Eclipse
Shield: 2.4k armour + block sheild
Chest: Loreweave/Belly
Belt: The Nomad
Gloves: Gripped Gloves (adds phys+attack speed)
Boots: Life/Strengh/Resists rare
Neck: Impresence Onyx Amulet
Rings: Rare (life/res/Phys Damage/Attack speed)

Fully buffed PoB currently;
Last edited by W1nst0ne on Mar 12, 2018, 3:13:07 PM
nice work mwickings, what level did you choose for monster in pob(in config)?
Last edited by ThoryX on Mar 12, 2018, 4:24:08 PM
Just default!
"
Just default!

if you put the "monster level" or if you are against a boss or shaper you will see the "real" damage you can do against them!
How is single target dmg ? can i do all T16 bosses solo and safely in HC?

Or is this build like EK build just for farming maps not bosses?
anyone?
i have only got to t11 so far, but not been a problem killing bosses so far
"
Camaron wrote:
anyone?

this is a "work in progress" build.
When we get there, to t16 map, we will know how good this build is. Till then we can just run simulation on pob.

n.b. SST is a new skill, so, no feedback from older build
Last edited by ThoryX on Mar 13, 2018, 4:45:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info