[3.2] Quad Magma-orb and Flameblast Totems (My league start) [1Mil shaper dps]

Introduction
This is mostly a theory craft build, however i am currently using this build to level with in bestiary league and is performing well even on as little as a 3 link for the main skills. The ideas for this build came as a combination of my freeze-pulse Heiro and poets pen raider from abyss league combining the strengths of both builds, the survivablility of totems and MoM with the chaos and damage of quad totems using magma orb and gloomfang.

This is a Flameblast and Magma orb totem build utilising a Elder helm for a psodo 6- link flame blast totem for single target and a 5 or 6 link chest fro your magma orb

Apologies if the the spelling or grammar is sub-par; this is my first build guide so hope you enjoy.
1: The initial concepts
Spoiler

This build has 2 mandatory uniques:

The first being a pair of Inevitability; these are what help give our build its clear due to the 2 extra projectiles you get which over the 4 totems is 8 extra proj for only 4 points in investment.

The second is Gloomfang. This can be hard to obtain early in the league due to it only dropping from elder's guardians however it can, when fully geared, double our DPS. as well as gaining the extra chain.

There are multiple optional unique you can get that will greatly aid you:

One of the best DPS flasks you can get, due to the elemental conversion to chaos damage.

The final unique is a https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dying_Sun
This will once again greatly increase both our clear speed annd out overall DPS

2: Pro's and Con's
Spoiler

Pro's
  • Good clear speed in all maps
  • Strong defences with 40% MoM
  • Can run any map mod
  • High damage
  • cheap to get started

Con's
  • Great clear speed in open maps
  • Can be expensive to gear at endgame
  • Its a totem build
  • The potential 20 magma orbs per cast can quickly potato the graphics on medium quality PC
  • Can feel very slow to start

3:Skill trees and Leveling
Spoiler

Bandits
Spoiler
Help Alira

Ascendancy Class: The Hierophant

Ascendancy Order: Pursuit of Faith -> Ritual of Awakening -> Conviction of Power -> Divine Guidance

These trees assume you have both inevitability's for your magma orb
30 point
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAUCAASzCaoaOCcvKhM62FjlWfNaK2ZUZp5o8nIPgpuFe4uMkFWaO5_fogCj8q3xwGbAmtWm2fzhc-w47TzvfPAf-d0=

60 point
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAUCAAQHBLMFQgj0CaoRLRo4HNwnLyoTLJwy0TrYQZZFR0WdSU9Ms1NSVcZY5VnzWiteXWZUZp5o8mpDbRlyD3yDgpuD24UyhXuLjI8akFWXLZo7muCf36IAo_KnlK3xrrO8qrzqwGbAmtD10f3Vptn84XPr7uw47TzvfPAf-d0=

90 point
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAUCAAQHBLMFQgceCPQJqg5IEFgRLRGWGjgc3B8CIvQnLyoLKhMsnDLRNsU6WDrYQZZEoUVHRZ1JT0lRTLNOrlNSVcZY5VnzWitd8l5dZJ1mVGaeaPJqQ2wLbRlyD3yDf8aCm4Pbg_OFMoV7h2WLjI8aj_qQVZMnlS6XLZo7muCf36EvogCj8qeUrfGuEq6zsTa8qrzqvorAZsCa0B_Q9dH91abZ_OFz6-7r9ew47TzvfO_r8B_w1fId-d0=

Path of Building Pastebin
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/uFvQyxJx

When levelling pick up Magma orb at level 1 use this with added lighting and cold till you can get both ancestral bond and at least 1 jewel socket. This is because it feels far superior when you have the second proj off the jewel. You will normally pick up ancestral bond by about the time you can pick up flameblast for your single target at lv 28.

4: Gems and Links
Spoiler

Body 6l in order
Spoiler
Magma Orb, Spell Totem, Conc effect, Elemental Focus, Chance to Ignite, Slower/GMP

Helm
Spoiler

Elder with Conc effect and Immolate
Spoiler
Flameblast, Spell totem, Chance to Ignite, Fire Pen

Otherwise:
Spoiler
Flameblast, Spell totem, Conc Effect, Immolate

Gloves
Spoiler
Orb of Storms, Arcane Surge(lv6), Curse on hit, Flammability

Boots
Spoiler
Shield Charge, Faster Attacks, Fortify, Culling strike (quality)

Weapon
Spoiler
Searing Bond, Burning Damage, Swift Affliction

This is to not only increase your mana and life regen from the heiro ascendancy; it also applies the burn debuff more consistently on enemies to enable your immolate to proc

Shield
Spoiler

3 random links:
Flame Dash
Clarity (max)
Anger (this can be socketed in your Essence worm if you have one)

5: Playstyle
Spoiler

The main play style of the build is to drop a totem or 2 on a pack and move on leaving them to clear the next pack. The magma orbs gain up to 100% more damage per chain so you will start to semi off screen packs as you get further geared up. When encountering tankier mobs you will usually drop your 4 flameblast totems and your searing bond to activate immolate.

6: Gearing priorities
Spoiler

Helm:
Spoiler

Enchant: Magma orb chains 2 more times
Conc effect
Immolate
Life
Resistances

Gloves
Spoiler

Life
Mana
Resistances
Stats

Boots:
Spoiler
Life
Resistances
Movespeed
Resistances

Ring:
Spoiler
Life
Resistances
Mana
Resistances
Critical strike chance

Body armour:
Spoiler

Life
Base Critical to socketed spells
recover % mana on kill

Last edited by TrueDragonMaster on Mar 15, 2018, 5:20:54 AM
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2018, 12:08:32 PM
What Gear are you using for this build? Currently testing this and i like it.
My current gear is
Spoiler

. Still levelling unfortunately, uni has taken away all my time. and good luck with the build
one thing i would highly recommend is to buy a lv 21 magma orb for 15-20 c when you can as the extra chain greatly improves how the build feels.
Last edited by TrueDragonMaster on Mar 13, 2018, 4:58:28 AM
With slower Proj in the magma orb totems you probably won't need Flameblast for single traget, as then each magma orb cast will hit the target twice

Okay, thanks for that information :D will update my build and probably the guide when I can
I've played a few totem builds this league. Magma Orb feels buggy. Sometimes the totems just don't fire on things well within range. Because of this, I find myself placing totems right next to mobs, which defeats the power of the spell.
do u test about the MoM node and the Divine Guidance can stack? Or that just ur theory?
If it work, may be we can use the CoD To raise 50% mana taken from damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info