[3.2] Ice Shot build : help ! no bow wheel ? no Omen ?

Hi all,

(sorry for bad english)

I was just wondering why most of Ice shot raider builds I see don't spend passive points in the bow "wheel" on the right side of the tree, doesn't it provide huge dps boost ?

Same for Omen of the winds (act 4 viridian jewel that provides pierce, increased aoe and dmg for Ice shot skill) : for some reason, many players seems to prefer playing "chain support" gem.
But isn't Omen of the winds better ? I mean, now this gem gives 5x pierce with no dmg penalties while Chain support is 50-30% less dmg and need a gem slot on the main link. Also, Omen gives extra dmg and increased aoe. And pierce mechanics allow Ice shot to explode on every hit for massive damages.

I feel a bit confused, can I have some help ?
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2018, 4:03:48 PM
Hey dude, I can't answer your question, but Im doing an Ice shot build too and Im a bit lost, could you put a link with your build?
I was wondering the same.

But the easy answer is. The points give more value elsewhere. Also, try and adjust the build compared to what you feel are your sticking points.

For example: I was drinking mana bottle all the time and ran out of mana because I didnt put a point into mana leach(the build didnt say to do it). I added 1 skill in mana leech and the whole game experience changed for the as I dont run out of mana and do more dmg as a result.

Most ice build seem to follow the same "core", so you cant really mess up to hard :)
Yeah, mana is a pain during leveling, I tried to rush some mana leech passives but it doesn't help a lot at low lvl, we must rely on flasks. Some guides recommend to find stuff with "-X mana cost" mods, but hard to get in a starter league build.

This is the passive skill tree I made, i'd be glad to have your opinions :
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAIBAQBeBS0FtQguCIkM8g-rEYEUdRUgFr8XJhjbGY4ZtCFgIXYj9iT9JpUqCyyFLYMwfDH6MpQ31DnUPL4-z0CgQdBHfkp9TZJRR1VLVvpaGluvXWhd8l9wYeJh62KsY6dlTWegbIxtbHBScaF07XTxdvd313pTeoR67311fwJ_K4Gsg22Gzod2idOMNo19jbmNv49Pj2CVBZrxmyabjZ2qoJ-ly6bgp9SpebF8tMW1CLvjvTa95r6nwTPC7MPmxKLIzMqpz3rQrdN-1CPY1dnG3Q3dRt9v45_kaudU53To1u0_7YPuDu9674_9bv66_sj_3g==

Currently i'm leveling a frostblade raider just to farm items for my IceShot raider (I'm playing SSL). So I can get good items for my IceShot raider and another Omen of the wind :p
Last edited by Evilgrizzly on Mar 7, 2018, 9:00:21 AM
What are your barrage dps with iceshot build in hideout?

And what bow you use?

Im with deaths opus and barrage in hideout ~14k 7arrows 6-link
iceshot ~8,8k dps only as 5-link
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
Evilgrizzly wrote:

This is the passive skill tree I made, i'd be glad to have your opinions :
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAIBAQBeBS0FtQguCIkM8g-rEYEUdRUgFr8XJhjbGY4ZtCFgIXYj9iT9JpUqCyyFLYMwfDH6MpQ31DnUPL4-z0CgQdBHfkp9TZJRR1VLVvpaGluvXWhd8l9wYeJh62KsY6dlTWegbIxtbHBScaF07XTxdvd313pTeoR67311fwJ_K4Gsg22Gzod2idOMNo19jbmNv49Pj2CVBZrxmyabjZ2qoJ-ly6bgp9SpebF8tMW1CLvjvTa95r6nwTPC7MPmxKLIzMqpz3rQrdN-1CPY1dnG3Q3dRt9v45_kaudU53To1u0_7YPuDu9674_9bv66_sj_3g==

Try this you got more damage and better optimized

Passive tree

if you need mana leech go 1 point near Essence Sap
"
webas wrote:
What are your barrage dps with iceshot build in hideout?

And what bow you use?

Im with deaths opus and barrage in hideout ~14k 7arrows 6-link
iceshot ~8,8k dps only as 5-link

I'm playing SSL, I don't have any good items atm, just low rares. I'm leveling a Frostblades Raider in order to farm T1-10 maps soon and get some good items for my IceShot raider.

"
nadie99 wrote:
Try this you got more damage and better optimized

Passive tree

if you need mana leech go 1 point near Essence Sap

Thanks a lot ! Indeed, seems better optimized :)
The bow wheel is not that good if you don't invest fully into physical damage base.
Omen is pretty good especially in the beginning of the league, I think it's better than chain until you get really well geared.

Check my profile character name MiaoSelfMeta for some idea, it's a iceshot-barrage deadeye.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info