Why do you Want communism?

have have heard a lot of political debate over my admittedly short "career" in POE (and damn I'm glad I decided to give this game a second chance in legacy), regarding communism, so I wanted to make this thread to get more of your points of view on the matter, feel free to make your wall of text if you want
Last edited by S0ULSH0CK on Mar 5, 2018, 8:15:20 PM
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2018, 3:27:23 PM
I want anarcho-primitivism.

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
ye we should forget about our wheelchairs and contact lenses and just play in the mud all day kek
I am an advocate of individual sovereignty. As such, I consider communism to be morally unjustifiable.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Is better Dota 2 or League of Legends?

"league of lrgends is a bad game since it is made by riot games
riot is a bad company because all they want to do is to steal your money buy making you buy champions which are ruining the economy of AMERICA valve is making the economy by encuragin free trade and capitolism on the steam market.

This is clear even for a 9 year old like me that league of legends is supporting russian communists and will eventually destroy america.

IF YOU PLAY LOL YOU ARE RUINING THE WORLD

also lol is a bad game because they make heroes just like dota heroes. Dotas drow ranger who is my fav hero is just like ashe from league and their abilities are the same to. This is a lazy game made by lazy communists at riot games and if nothing is done to stop the army of soviet fanboys lol creates capitolism will be gone in the next few years.

I heard that LoL has about 30 million players that is as much as a wholee country which makes it so that lol players might unite to form a communist riot-wershipping nation who will take over america.

Of corse this is just my opinion on how league is bad make up your own opinions on why lol is a bad game because their are many raesons. Remember i am only 9 so please reply telling me how i can make my opinions better."

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I am an advocate of individual sovereignty. As such, I consider communism to be morally unjustifiable.

We can do far better as a group than as an individual, as such, cooperation is far more useful. That said, communism as a whole is a flawed ideology in which the individual is sacrificed or the "greater good".

Being assigned roles based on your performance rather than your interests is awful and a soul crushing ideology. As such, that kind of communism should never happen.

That said, communism that would allow personal freedom is a great ideology that would allow growth of a civilization since we could have goals and laws that benefit the whole rather than the individual (which is what we have right now). As long as innovation, creativity and performance are adequately rewarded as to not stifle ambition. This mean that corporations that exist solely to make money at the detriment of everything else, including the survival of humans, would cease to be.

Now, that is an utopic vision of communism and I don't believe we'll ever see it. nonetheless, it's better to strive for perfection and never reaching it than to never improve.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

We can do far better as a group than as an individual, as such, cooperation is far more useful.

You might have misunderstood the phrase "individual sovereignty." In fact, granting people individual sovereignty very frequently results in cooperation. ScrotieMcB wears his free market economist heart on his sleeve, so if you're unfamiliar with this concept, you just need to look up some basic economics. Introductory economics materials always simplify things (no information asymmetry, no transaction costs, no time dimension, etc.) which end up giving you a free market economist utopia, where it is immediately obvious that people acting in their own best interests results in the best possible outcome for the group.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
People claiming that communism is terrible.
People claiming that extreme capitalism is terrible.
People claiming that extreme left is terrible.
People claiming that extreme right is terrible.

Meanwhile they are equally terrible when they are extreme. A healthy dose of all of them is the answer.
Problem is that people are prone to extremes, and can never reach the middle ground. This is why politics is the shitshow it is.
All of these have proven to not work, time and time again, yet people still claim that one is not as bad as the other.
Not to mention that people with extreme views are also the ones who scream the loudest, meaning they will always be on top of this shitty political ladder. People who actually make sense are too boring for Average Joe.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Mar 6, 2018, 3:46:29 AM
"
adghar wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

We can do far better as a group than as an individual, as such, cooperation is far more useful.

You might have misunderstood the phrase "individual sovereignty." In fact, granting people individual sovereignty very frequently results in cooperation. ScrotieMcB wears his free market economist heart on his sleeve, so if you're unfamiliar with this concept, you just need to look up some basic economics. Introductory economics materials always simplify things (no information asymmetry, no transaction costs, no time dimension, etc.) which end up giving you a free market economist utopia, where it is immediately obvious that people acting in their own best interests results in the best possible outcome for the group.

No, acting in ones best interest is most of the time not the best possible outcome for a group. A good example is drug dealing. Another good example is killing competition to ensure a monopoly and price gouging from being the only possible offer on something in demand. Stealing would also be a good example as it's a very easy and fast way to acquire something but is detrimental to everyone else.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
Now, that is an utopic vision of communism and I don't believe we'll ever see it. nonetheless, it's better to strive for perfection and never reaching it than to never improve.

I’m curious what you mean here. If by strive for, you mean take steps towards creating an idealistic and unobtainable vision of communism, then you will create instead the very real hell that is actual communism. You may not realize this, but what you’re saying is akin to “Hitler just went a little crazy, but there was some good in that vision, and that is something we should strive for.”

If you think that sounds extreme, read about what actual communists have done. It’s not just poor quality of life and disenfranchised laborers, it’s commisars patrolling fields after a harvest shooting mothers in the back of the head for trying to feed their literally dying children with muddy scraps of seed. That’s not just one manifestation of it, either, it is the inevitable conclusion of a system that does not work.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info