Discontinued 3.2 Shockwave totem Hierophant. was a blast to level. Unprofessional

currently level 68 and have finished act 10 and have ran 1-2 maps.
i am very close to capping cold resistance but have not overcapped it, fire resistance is above 0% and lightning resistance is below 0%. life is 3000 and i am not running fortify yet. this is a an issues as i get 1 or 2 shotted by fire ribbon fireball shooters and any kind of lightning damage.
fixes
here are several ways i may plan to fix the issue.
1. get a guild mate to lend me a good 6link with life, lightning and fire resistance in return for some currency later on.
2. get fortify supported with shield charge which is the easiest thing on the list to do.
3. change my gloves for lightning and fire res, perhaps some life as an added bonus. doing this, i will lose out on 50% of the converted damage which i do not want to.
4. change my rings for something more defencive, doing this, i will end up having less mana and mana regen than i would like to which will be difficult as my totems currently have a mana cost of 130+16. i can counter this by downgrading my 6link to a 5 or 4 link which should still be ideal but perhaps a worse solutions than changing my gloves.
5. change my boots which is easy to do and will allow me to also change my belt as i am no longer in need of the dexterity, this build does not rely on dexterity at all. changing these 2 should also solve my resistance and life issues but for the downside of not having the buff of the avian might and flight. (provide 10% chance to deal double damage or 10% movement speed for 25% mana reservation + 100 life regen and 12 mana regen)
6. another way i can solve the problem is if i change my shield and lose out on some of the bonuses but gain some resistances from doing so.
7. i can also change my jewels to provide resistances.
8. by changing my helmet, i lose a potential quality of life bonus and some useful stats which i do not want to, but it will solve my resistance issues.
9. try to maintain 100% uptime on resistance flasks.

this is just a test to make a build with shockwave totems.
stats to focus on are, Life, resistances, (physical, elemental, spell, AoE or totem damage) Area of Effect, crit chance and crit multi (crit is not mandatory and i don't know if it will be viable)

current items

there are no mandatory uniques but many recommended uniques both for leveling and endgame, leveling ones will not be mentioned.

trolltimber, appears to be cheap at the moment and provides some AoE for your shockwave totems.
Tukohama's Fortress, probably best in slot but expencive.
Divinarius, provides all around decent stats and 10% inc AoE for your totems.
Voidbattery, good for crit.
Carcass jack, overall good for you and good for your totems, providing 20% AoE and 40-50% damage.
Shimmeron, only gives a downside if you have crit, which you will never do since your totems are the ones that crit.
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Last edited by VoidExilePoE on Mar 12, 2018, 5:05:36 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2018, 12:22:56 PM
Would love to see a video

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info