Gorgone gaze pvp (and pve) test.

SO i tested this.
I think the helm drop 100% chance when you run the map (pillar)

-The gorgone statue cooldown is 30 sec
(cooldown recovery effect like with the unique harbinger belt reduce it (got 25.21 sec with my 16% version of the belt)

-It petrify people/mob (even in pvp), it last what seems like 0.5 sec at base duration and maybe 4 sec with level 20 inc duration+efficacy. however if in pvp the player move away from the ray, he will not be petrified at all, just slowed.

- the statue does not turn or move unless her rays already "hit" something.
So you need to cast it right front of your target ( but she can cast multiple rays front of her on pve mob)

-The statue range is super shit like 2 step away in pvp (lol),in pve range is a cone like multiple rays.

-the statue auto attack once casted even when none is around ( so can pre-cast it i guess).

Usage:

IT seems you can petrify Bosses, at least low level ones. I did it with Izaro normal and vaal oversoul normal.

Slow bosses like vaal oversoul are the best type, other will not be able to be taken by the effect easily, even Izaro normal It took me 5 good minutes to catch him with my level 90 toon.

(might be possible to petrify Atziri? I would need a set to test.)

Vs pack mobs if they are quick, it will just slow them, so it will be pretty useless 90% of the time.

*note that the mob or boss do not seem to ever target the statue.

Vaal oversoul in first act petrified

screenshot of the effect on multiple mob in merciless. None were actually petrified because they moved too much, it seems petrification only occur if your target stay in the ray the whole duration. If not they are only slowed:(

petrified pve mob. They are quicker petrified with faster casting.

Support:

faster casting: increase cast speed of ray, make it Wayyy quicker to petrify.
Efficacy: petrification duration is longer maybe 5sec on mob with inc duration and efficacy.

Swift affliction seems to work on it but I guesses it would have actually lowered to petrification time.

So best links are: inc aoe,inc duration,efficacy,faster casting

could have an use in pvp vs slow zombies or something
(joke)
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 4, 2018, 11:36:11 AM
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2018, 10:32:21 AM
old post
Spoiler

just tested

faster casting: increase cast speed of ray, make it Wayyy quicker to petrify.
Efficacy: petrification duration is longer maybe 5sec on mob.

So best links seem to be : inc aoe,inc duration,efficacy,faster casting

Swift affliction seems to work on it but I guesses it would have actually lowered to petrification time.

So in pvp it would petrify someone for about 4-5 sec more or less, but it is not practical and need to be casted right front of your enemy and this one need to stay straight in the gorgon direction to be taken by the effect (so might take off-guard some durr durr slow as fuck blockers for 1 round).

to test: vs srs (doubt it would be useful, they are way too quick)

Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 4, 2018, 11:37:37 AM
old post
Spoiler
the flow untethered 16% cooldown recovery speed:

Cooldown pass from 30 sec to 25.21sec

petrified pve mob. They are quicker petrified with faster casting.

harbringer belt buff have no effect on the gorgon from what I could see for now.

Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 4, 2018, 11:37:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info