[Solved] options can't be saved / no MOTD / no DOTD

I'm glad that this post is still helping people to this day. I just wanted to bounce back on that:

"
Daiena wrote:
Or just disable/get rid of the Windows Defender.
The truth is if you don't visit random shady sites and click on everything a website might show you in any number of popups, you will never need anything more than CCleaner and Malwarebytes.
Softwares like Windows Defender, all the avasts and whatever else tend to cause more problems than they do good.

No, this is wrong advice.

By default, Defender provides a good layer of protection from the various issues that come from "out there" ("out there" being: websites, your phone, a USB key, some weird email attachment, etc). There are so many attack vectors that understanding what one does is essential. And by understanding that, one understands why some applications get blocked by default.

Managing a safelist rather than disabling everything is the way to go.

I never imagined I'd say that, but that is some "cyber antivax" level of carelessness. Don't be that person.
Last edited by Ravine on Sep 3, 2019, 12:10:54 PM
Thanks you !!!

Everythink works perfectly since 3.9

After re-install, restart and broken keyboard, I found this post...

Thanks again ^^
Thanks for this one, i was loosing my mind haha
I do have this problem since the new league.
It was working fine.
I check that windows Defender allow PAthOfExileSteam as well as the folder in my game is not in only read.

Also I'm running PathOfExileSteam.exe as Admin. Still resets all my settings (video, inputs, etc) every launch.

Also, the game doesn't keep track of my minimap when I change zone and come back in the map.

Any one has an idea about that?

Thanks!
for me, it worked for a day in the new league. now the minimap is vanished and i cant get it back working. ive checked windows defender, but looks good.

anyone got ideas what causes this?
Thanks so much for your solution to this! Was getting mighty frustrated with the mini map losing explored regions after I port out, and back into a map/area. And not to mention, it fixed the settings not saving too... you are a champ, good sir! :)
Hello

Still having the minimap reset problem
any ideas what should I do ?
Last edited by mariusbeju88 on Jul 12, 2020, 5:29:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info