Initial Bestiary League Problems Now Fixed

For the first ninety minutes of launch today, all players ran into a bug where their game client did not properly display any information from your Bestiary book (such as captured monsters, crafting options, notifications of new recipes/captures, etc). We have now fixed this issue, but everyone currently online will need to relaunch their game client one time to get the patch. This post briefly describes what went wrong.

Due to a code bug that only manifested in our live production version, the game client was unable to interpret Bestiary information it received from the server. This caused a lot of the features like notifications of new recipes (and the ability to do Beastcrafting at all) to not function.

We found the problem within an hour and have deployed a fix. If you're currently playing, you must update your game client by relaunching it. If you run the game after this post, then it'll automatically be updated.

We're very upset about this because Bestiary is a complex league and a lot of work went into fine-tuning the new player experience to train players to capture unique quest monsters to hand in for levelling items, etc. All of that tutorialisation didn't trigger during the prime playing time at the start of the league, likely leading to a harder learning curve than we intended.

To prevent this type of issue in the future, we are making changes to our testing process so that it includes better coverage of the live production version prior to launch.

We are super sorry about the problems this caused! On a good note, we've had zero server problems so far and today's player numbers are the best day-one player numbers for any Path of Exile launch ever! We hit 129380 people online, which is a new record. Our best ever figure was around 147333 on day three of The Fall of Oriath. Let's see if we can beat that also :-)
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Thanks for getting things sorted so quickly! :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Thank you guys for the quick fix. And we love you Bex!
Also fixed the lag issue! Thanks!
Thanks for the fix. So far, this league reminds me of Nemesis. Can you disable the notice of not having buttons assigned every time I go to town?
Last edited by raisin2u on Mar 2, 2018, 4:52:16 PM
Still at work so I missed the buggy start. Getting home in 2 hours with everything working is good enough for me.

Looking forward to a long Friday night.
Thanks!
Thank you for fixing this so fast.
Spoiler
front page btw
Last edited by JetFuelSE on Mar 2, 2018, 4:39:47 PM
A minor hiccup :)
Thanks for the quick fix and keeping us in the loop!
THANKS! YAY
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info