[3.3] Lava Trapper - 550k Shaper dps Burning Ground - MOM Trickster Fire Trapper

"
Desperation wrote:
Was thinking,what is our defence endgame?

This is not an endgame build barely a t10 and above build. If folks have already wasted time on this the good news is that it's easy to swap it over to Scorching Ray.
How and viability in engame?:)
Regarding defenses in endgame.
I claim MOM because we take MoM: with Impresence, our third curse won't reserve mana, allowing us to have unreserved mana >30% of our Hp, sustaining it.

We are trappers with high damage output, Burning ground is enough to prevent any rare mob from approaching us.
Alternatively you can go with temporal chain as a defensive aura.

I'd really like to see some vids of this build in action on high tier maps.

While I like the idea there are basically 2 things that seem like a problem in this build.

One is that about half or more of it's damage comes from enemies being within a certain distance and optimally we want enemies as far away as humanly possible because it's not a particularely tanky build!

Second is that throwing traps takes time. We got the trap travel time and the arming time.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
Hello, I chose this build for my 2nd character. Now I'm 61 lvl and I have some problems with levelling, because almost every mob oneshot me with physical damage. My damage is good, but I lack aoe on fire trap, without 6L Searing Touch, I cannot use cluster traps, so that the whole pack of mobs does not die instantly and some of them can get me and almost oneshot. How do I solve this problem? Sorry, if it seems as a stupid question.
Last edited by Naysasyer on Mar 25, 2018, 3:57:33 AM
And I don't understand why yesterday i didnt have trap time activation, in the morning I had 0.4 sec, and in the evening 0.8. WTF is happening
I made a flame surge elementalist a few leagues back that had fire traps to cause burning. Was thinking about running a pure firetrapper myself. A few questions after checking out your build.

1. Wouldn't Temp chains be a better curse over despair? Despair gives a tiny amount of increased DoT damage taken but temp chains would be great defensively as well as keeping enemies in the burning ground longer.

2. Why are we not using Tinkerskin chest? I understand we are getting free frenzies from ascendency but the rest of the mods on the chest, and it being ES+Evasion based is pretty good I think.

3. Thoughts on Aspect of the Spider being worked into the gear somehow? it would increase damage and defense by a huge margin I think.

Overall its a great foundation for a build that could really scale well without being crazy expensive.
"
Trespeon wrote:
I made a flame surge elementalist a few leagues back that had fire traps to cause burning. Was thinking about running a pure firetrapper myself. A few questions after checking out your build.

1. Wouldn't Temp chains be a better curse over despair? Despair gives a tiny amount of increased DoT damage taken but temp chains would be great defensively as well as keeping enemies in the burning ground longer.

2. Why are we not using Tinkerskin chest? I understand we are getting free frenzies from ascendency but the rest of the mods on the chest, and it being ES+Evasion based is pretty good I think.

3. Thoughts on Aspect of the Spider being worked into the gear somehow? it would increase damage and defense by a huge margin I think.

Overall its a great foundation for a build that could really scale well without being crazy expensive.

Hello! I'my trying to answer to all your questions:
1) Temporal chain is very good, but I'd swap Electronic Weakness instead of Despair, as Despair reserves no mana when you use an Impresence Amulet

2) You can use any chest you prefer, none is mandatory. I'd prefer an high hp one. But you can use which chest you prefer, if your resistances are capped.

3) Withstand Aspect skills you will lose a curse (they reserve mana). All in all I bet you will lose DPS instead.. moreover a shaped pair of gloves with trap mods are to be preferred in my opinion

Thank you for your interest!
"
Naysasyer wrote:
Hello, I chose this build for my 2nd character. Now I'm 61 lvl and I have some problems with levelling, because almost every mob oneshot me with physical damage. My damage is good, but I lack aoe on fire trap, without 6L Searing Touch, I cannot use cluster traps, so that the whole pack of mobs does not die instantly and some of them can get me and almost oneshot. How do I solve this problem? Sorry, if it seems as a stupid question.

Hello mate.

If you change your privacy setting, i can check on your character.
You will struggle a bit due to lack of HP/defenses, but you don't need cluster traps or a 6l. fire trap alone is enough to clear a single pack of mobs. try using defensive auras first (temp chain and, if needed, enfeeble).
Let me know if i can check on your character

Good luck!
Add videos please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info