[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Is cascade not working a bug or intended?

It was fun playing and I wanted to try it out again but without cascade clearing would be kinda slow.
"
Linkk93 wrote:
Is cascade not working a bug or intended?

It was fun playing and I wanted to try it out again but without cascade clearing would be kinda slow.

They say it's a bug. CwC + Spell Cascade combination is broken. Hope they gonna fix it soon.
What do we replace Nullification with on Scion?
Hmmm does CWDT still auto cast 2 golems? (was this a bug or feature?) or is now limited to 1 only?
"
bananyaby wrote:
Hmmm does CWDT still auto cast 2 golems? (was this a bug or feature?) or is now limited to 1 only?

Yes, it still casts both. This way, you don't need to worry about re-summoning them in the middle of clearing.

I got to lvl 90 and updated my build. I'm doing T15 maps with no problem now:
https://pastebin.com/nWJJCccd

I started going for more ES on jewels rather than INT, as it was low.

Any feedback is appreciated.
"
Lezotho wrote:
"
bananyaby wrote:

Yes, it still casts both. This way, you don't need to worry about re-summoning them in the middle of clearing.

This is going to sound a bit silly, but take off the two nodes above the witch start point that lead to Arcane Focus (+20% max ES, +10% ES recharge rate) and get Arcane Will (+20% max mana, 4% of max mana as extra ES) instead. You'll get slightly more ES with that (assuming you aren't just going to get both later down the road).

You don't have very much life regeneration (only 6.2 per second). Why are you getting Zealot's Oath? You could connect over to the templar area with the three int nodes on the road between Explosive Impact (the Fire wheel) and Storm Weaver (the Ice/Lightning wheel), then get rid of 1 Armor/ES node, 2 int nodes, and Zealot's oath, saving one passive point in the process.

There's a DEX node near where you'd get Vaal pact that isn't doing much. Maybe it's better to spend that point elsewhere?

You should be using Energy Leech instead of Life Leech. Energy Leech has a pretty nice More multiplier from leeching or having maximum ES.

You could use Wise Oak for additional fire penetration -- your fire resistance is the highest of your three resists, so it'd get the 10-15% fire pen.

You don't have Fire Walker or Frost Walker (+25% inc. Fire/Ice Damage, +15% Fire/Ice resist, respectively). You'd be one passive point short assuming you use the alternate route to get rid of Zealot's Oath and get rid of the orphaned DEX node.

You can use additional Brute Force Solutions/Fertile Minds on the jewel nodes near the +30 STR/DEX nodes -- It should give you slightly more ES/damage than a max INT, max ES cobalt jewel.
Example: Replacing Gale Eye with a 24 INT BFS and getting the 30 STR node nearby gives ~900 more damage per hit and ~29 more ES.

(It seems like a perfectly rolled hypnotic eye jewel [flat ES, cold to spells while wielding 2H weapon, 16 INT, 10 STR/INT] could compete in terms of damage with a BFS+30STR combo, allowing you to put the point in 30 STR elsewhere. Just keep in mind that if you go below a 100 int break point, you'll lose some duration on each icestorm, which can really add up.)
Last edited by Chris37599 on Mar 17, 2019, 1:13:35 AM
"
Chris37599 wrote:
"
Lezotho wrote:
"
bananyaby wrote:

This is going to sound a bit silly, but take off the two nodes above the witch start point that lead to Arcane Focus (+20% max ES, +10% ES recharge rate) and get Arcane Will (+20% max mana, 4% of max mana as extra ES) instead. You'll get slightly more ES with that (assuming you aren't just going to get both later down the road).

You don't have very much life regeneration (only 6.2 per second). Why are you getting Zealot's Oath? You could connect over to the templar area with the three int nodes on the road between Explosive Impact (the Fire wheel) and Storm Weaver (the Ice/Lightning wheel), then get rid of 1 Armor/ES node, 2 int nodes, and Zealot's oath, saving one passive point in the process.

There's a DEX node near where you'd get Vaal pact that isn't doing much. Maybe it's better to spend that point elsewhere?

You should be using Energy Leech instead of Life Leech. Energy Leech has a pretty nice More multiplier from leeching or having maximum ES.

You could use Wise Oak for additional fire penetration -- your fire resistance is the highest of your three resists, so it'd get the 10-15% fire pen.

You don't have Fire Walker or Frost Walker (+25% inc. Fire/Ice Damage, +15% Fire/Ice resist, respectively). You'd be one passive point short assuming you use the alternate route to get rid of Zealot's Oath and get rid of the orphaned DEX node.

You can use additional Brute Force Solutions/Fertile Minds on the jewel nodes near the +30 STR/DEX nodes -- It should give you slightly more ES/damage than a max INT, max ES cobalt jewel.
Example: Replacing Gale Eye with a 24 INT BFS and getting the 30 STR node nearby gives ~900 more damage per hit and ~29 more ES.

(It seems like a perfectly rolled hypnotic eye jewel [flat ES, cold to spells while wielding 2H weapon, 16 INT, 10 STR/INT] could compete in terms of damage with a BFS+30STR combo, allowing you to put the point in 30 STR elsewhere. Just keep in mind that if you go below a 100 int break point, you'll lose some duration on each icestorm, which can really add up.)

Thanks for all the feedback. I already removed the orphaned Dex node and Zealot's Oath, put the ES for mana one, my ES is now almost 8.6k. I grabbed Oath since Vaal Pact is not used anymore, and consecrated ground provided life regen, but I guess in this case, it's pretty neglible.

I'm using lifesteal gem as I'm still lvling the ES Leech one (so I'm using both right now), and I'm not sure what to replace that one with, without changing my staff that has perfect int% roll, maybe Fire Pen support?

Thanks again
Just got back into PoE after 6 months, really appreciate the fine tuning from you both Lezotho and Chris37599 really improved my character significantly. Thanks.
"
Lezotho wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback. I already removed the orphaned Dex node and Zealot's Oath, put the ES for mana one, my ES is now almost 8.6k. I grabbed Oath since Vaal Pact is not used anymore, and consecrated ground provided life regen, but I guess in this case, it's pretty neglible.

I'm using lifesteal gem as I'm still lvling the ES Leech one (so I'm using both right now), and I'm not sure what to replace that one with, without changing my staff that has perfect int% roll, maybe Fire Pen support?

Thanks again

...oh yeah. I honestly forgot about consecrated ground giving life regen per second. Whoops. Still, with how I play the build, I'm usually not standing directly in consecrated ground for very long (outside of bosses), so ZO doesn't really work for me.

Personally, I'm using Cast while Channelling-Scorching Ray, Energy Leech, Conc Effect, Ele Focus, Cold to Fire for both mapping and bossing. (Once the bug with CwC disabling spell cascade with icestorm is fixed, I'd use a different Whispering Ice that swaps out ele focus for spell cascade -- ele focus gives the smallest More multiplier.)

I don't think using Fire Pen Support will help all that much -- Currently, with Wise Oak, Heart of Flame, Pure Talent (templar), Inquisitor, and Elementalist ascendancies, I have 42% fire penetration. On top of that, Fire Exposure (from 8 stacks of Scorching Ray on a target) directly reduces fire resistance on enemies by 25%, acting like an additional 25% fire pen. With all that, even Shaper has -27% fire resistance. Tacking on even more fire penetration past 0% fire resist on a given enemy isn't quite as effective as getting fire penetration to get a mob to 0% fire resist, so Conc effect, Ele focus, Cold to Fire would likely win out in terms of damage.

(For me, even in the edge case of a shaper guardian on an elemental resistance map, Ele focus wins out over Fire Penetration when already having effectively 67% fire pen, leaving the guardian with only 13% fire resistance.)

I still think you should just drop life leech right now, though.
Last edited by Chris37599 on Mar 18, 2019, 1:21:47 AM
"
Chris37599 wrote:
Personally, I'm using Cast while Channelling-Scorching Ray, Energy Leech, Conc Effect, Ele Focus, Cold to Fire for both mapping and bossing. (Once the bug with CwC disabling spell cascade with icestorm is fixed, I'd use a different Whispering Ice that swaps out ele focus for spell cascade -- ele focus gives the smallest More multiplier.)

What's your opinion on Iron Will Support? I got 225 Strenght, so that gives me 45% of spell damage, plus 40% being on lvl 21 (+1 from Staff), plus 10% from Quality. This would be replacing Elemental Focus, which gives 50% + 10% from Quality. According to PoB, IW gives me about 3k more avg dmg on Icestorm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info