3.2 Really want to make a Melee Templar

So played a bit years ago. Jumped back on to play last month of abyss and loving it so want to rock bestiary league.

I've spent hours reading info on here and I think this should work.

I want to make a melee templar char with a shield, cause I like hitting things and I like blocking things.

I figure Ice crash is the best skill

https://poeplanner.com/AAwAAPMADBUAAHZPBEPIcU2az0NjaPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73zhc-0ggpvsOIV7ZlRX4nflMok62CcvkFUaOEVHMtHr7qcI2CRWSClP5CJp_hPMT_Psy2Bl8f6vbAthxq48LYPMtz7-Cti9NZK18m6qSshybGxGMgl4DcAabzupbnfjAdyE2Ud-vTZlTb6nL8zBgk1GYuyE79rBdO0FLXrvQKBGt9NvwL-plQz3rK8Eh4-ZMk4hYHTxGNsUdcjM74_fb4Nf_o9N4_JFOuGmV3fXVvruDoGsM5JDE-RqqXl_K_1uft14-Y25ApbSfJJuvFYpi5tu34aAMAAAAAAA

Questions, should I keep Elem Overload or ditch it.
Will I have enough defenses as I like tanky chars or will it be too squishy

Plan B: Should I go make a Sunder Gladiator cause everyone says they work well for 1h/shield builds and can be tanky as all hell

Cheers for any advice
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2018, 1:57:37 AM
Possibly the most popular templar build the last few patches has been a melee templar, with a shield:

ELE CLAW INQUISITOR

Uses a shield, fast attacking, great boss damage, fairly good clear speed. If you want to reinvent the wheel of course that's fine too, but if you're you're looking for known-good 1h + shield melee templar, this one will do it.

As for the build you outlined, ele overload with inquisitor seems pretty silly. You want to go crit with inquisitor.

If you want to go ice crash, here's a decent guide:

Frostbreath + Ice Crash Inquisitor
"
Possibly the most popular templar build the last few patches has been a melee templar, with a shield:

ELE CLAW INQUISITOR

Uses a shield, fast attacking, great boss damage, fairly good clear speed. If you want to reinvent the wheel of course that's fine too, but if you're you're looking for known-good 1h + shield melee templar, this one will do it.

As for the build you outlined, ele overload with inquisitor seems pretty silly. You want to go crit with inquisitor.

If you want to go ice crash, here's a decent guide:

Frostbreath + Ice Crash Inquisitor

Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah I saw the ele claw but it's all about molten strike and I played that last game so wanted to use a diff skill this time, also I wanted a more block heavy build less dodge.

I will ditch EO and check out the icecrash guide.

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info