Max_Stax Poison Barrage ASS-HIE

Someone used my blink wall to make a "build of the week"! Gratz to him on the cool build, but don't forget to throw a little credit my direction :)
Hey everyone, I updated the build to reflect changes I felt were necessary for the higher tier maps.
Hey there!

Its great to see someone try new things like you do -some quick things about PoE mechanics which are a bit opaque and might help you further optimize things:

Bosses have an innate 60% resistance to curses - meaning your curses are less effective against them. Shaper and his Guardians even have 80% resistance. That means that relying on the 'more' multipliers provided by curses is a bit of a monkeys pawn when you want to rely on them for killing bosses.

It still helps - but much less then you would initially think.

You can check out your dps in Path of Building against those type of enemies if you go into the 'Configuration' Tab in Path of Building and check the dropdown menu point 'Is the enemy a Boss?' and set it to Shaper/Guardian.

What essentially delivers most of the Damage of your specc are stacking poisons - so the more you can stack the better.

I would think that going for the 'greater multipler projectiles' support gem coupled with some 'increased accuracy' support might yield more hits per second and thus quicker, higher stacking poisons.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on May 14, 2018, 8:40:19 AM
Thanks for the response!

Adding arrows with gmp or rain of arrows etc.. increases the attack cone width. This yields no benefit to single target bosses. The best you can hope for is 3 arrow hits per attack per source. Sure it will help with clear speed, but that's not really a problem.

Yes bosses have crazy resists, and the curses have reduced effect. But the curses also remove some of the chaos resist and even reduced its better than not having them at all. Hex proof mobs are terrible to deal with.

I believe someplace I had noted this is a mapping build. Good for clearing maps and farming currency, but not so hot on the boss killing. Even so, I have unlocked maps up to t13 without much complaining. If only I could get consistent red map drops!

You can add a bisco's with little difference in the dps.

As for path of builder, It does not deal with barrage or poison very well. Does not consider 40+ poison stacks per second, but only accepts max of 9 poisons. Also does not deals with vile toxins well either. As for the curses.... It calculates how much damage I deal not how much damage the target is taking. And that further makes it difficult to get accurate dps calcs. When I look at the breakdown Path of builder tells me I'm getting six poison stacks per second when it should be over 40.

So thanks for the responce, Its nice to know people are looking and thinking about my build.
Didn't manage to get to end game this league, however I did get to the guardian with previous versions of this build and it did fairly well. You can see the video's of the earlier versions on my youtoube page.

Hear is the last video of the Beast league.
T15 clear and unlock------->https://youtu.be/MwN3-oS2fmo
Last edited by blackice001 on Jun 25, 2018, 12:09:33 PM
I have looked over the build and updated it for 3.3 There is alot of traffic on the youtube page viewing the build so I thought I should update it for everyone.
Just letting you guys know that I'm trying to do a revival on this build. I've added withering touch and herald of agony. Both these new skills are constantly maxed out. Doing this has added a lot of damage to the build, but my biggest concern is low amount of life. Five leagues ago this builds defenses were just fine, but with monster damage scaling changes and new types of monster attacks the build has fallen out of popularity. This is probably the biggest hurdle for me to rectify before fully updating the build guide.
Now isn't the right time for reviving this build. Perhaps if new items emerge to help with this builds defense and damage. But until that happens this build is not effective with anything less than a mirror quality bow and maxed out items. The build is and always has been my favorite build, but if your not up for the challenge its probably not worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info