[3.2] RF: Chieftain vs Berserker vs Juggernaut - Basic analysis

2 ways to trigger EE and avoid Ngamahu:
- Fidelitas' Spike (instead of Brightbeak)
- CWDT spells + Brutality on Shield Charge

Very very basic analysis. Done by comparing my RF character (Raytus) in Path of Building.

My choice in 3.2: Chieftain

- Slightly less damage than Berserker but higher survaibility and better regen.
- I will miss 25% HP recovery on Warcry use.
- New Rage mechanic is a pain for RF characters, imo.
- Slightly less defensive than Juggggg

The following picture compares the same character with 112 points and against a Standard Boss

I chose double curse Chieftain, if you pick Endurance Charges instead, phys red goes up to 81%.

Last edited by Rohak on Mar 1, 2018, 3:19:49 PM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2018, 11:55:44 AM
Have you done the same analysis for Chieftain/Juggernaut ?
Zerker wasn't really in contention this league. Could you do the following instead:

Chieftain vs Juggernaut

Ascendant (chieftain+guardian) vs Chieftain
Ascendant (Chieftain+Trickster) vs Chieftain

Those are the ones that would be really interesting to compare
"
Nominae wrote:
Have you done the same analysis for Chieftain/Juggernaut ?

Just did it
Last edited by Rohak on Mar 1, 2018, 3:21:18 PM
"
tetryon88 wrote:
Zerker wasn't really in contention this league. Could you do the following instead:

Chieftain vs Juggernaut

Ascendant (chieftain+guardian) vs Chieftain
Ascendant (Chieftain+Trickster) vs Chieftain

Those are the ones that would be really interesting to compare

Tried both Chief + Guardian and Chief + Trickster... and they are far behind in stats compared to pure Chieftain. Only Chief + Guardian could be slightly interesting due to the 20% life regen every 5 sec. Otherwise, I don't see them a good combo.

imo
RF is not completely dead, but it's kinda harder now to maximize the DPS (FU Ngamahu).

Personally I use RF as my first char as it is really easy and cheap to build and start doing high maps and farming currency for my end-game chars. I farmed a Kaom's Heart on my third day of league, and I'm a very average player.
I am stuck between Juggernaut and Chieftain. Berserker looks ugly because of rage degen. Likely going Juggernaut to start, can always change later.
Chieftain = better regen, more dmg?

Jugg = better defenses (physical mitigation)?

Wanting to roll an RF as league starter in SC. Just not sure of Jugg or Chieftain?

Also check out this new Jugg RF build by Waggle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT5FcsRlOfY
Added Juggggg to the stats comparison
How does this account for endurance charges? Are the numbers for max. EC?
I run 2 Kaom's Way and Deaths Door, so endurance charges matter quite a lot as you get strong bonuses for both Chieftain and Jugger per charge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info