[3.2] Help Juggernaut Selfcast Discharge (bestiary)

Hello guys, after the rework of Juggernaut I was thinking about doing selfcast discharge again.
But I don't really know, if it's worth trying in Bestiary.
The DPS got way lower after ignite changes and the raw damage seems without crit not really high enough.

Another aspect is the charge sustain.
Till I can aquire a Volls amulett, I would try generation by this methods:
- Romiras + EO
- Warlords Mark - Blasphemy
- Selfcast Enduring Cry
- Doedres Elixier

On top I will use Abu's Charge Chest, Koams Sign Ring and Death's Door boots.
Maybe Daresso's Defiance in late game. We'll see.

I just don't know, if it's enough to face lategame in poe.

If possible I'd go crit, but it's expensive af and I have to travel to Shadow, which cost a lot of points.

Would love if someone could give me some handy tips for and share his/her experiences with this build

Kind regards and thx in advance
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Mar 2, 2018, 5:39:54 AM
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2018, 6:28:49 PM
Hi!

I'm actually playing it as a league starter and it works surprisingly well.
You can check out my take on it here (all of it is subject to change ofc as i am trying to make it better).

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/satori7/characters/_Sokar_

I just startet maps yesterday and got up to T6 without any problems at all. Charging from pack to pack end killing everything with one cast of discharge feels really good, rares almost always die in one hit too and if not the overkill ignite from herald of ash will finish them for sure. Warlords Mark and the Juggernaut passive "Unyielding" combined with "Unflinching" shoot you up to full charges after every pack instantly (as it counts as a stun if you kill something with one hit).

For bosses you can use any other fire spell (firestorm in my case) as it is not that easy to sustain charges. And with 10 charges up there aren't many bosses that deal significant damage to you :P

there is also the option to go RF to boost damage even further, with 2x kaoms way there should be enough life regen, just use rise of the phoenix and purity of fire

kind regards
satori

edit: found a better single target option: Detonate Dead!
imagine peace
livestream: twitch.tv/tathagatagarbha
youtube: youtube.com/user/satoriSC
Last edited by satori7 on Mar 6, 2018, 12:58:08 PM
Hi,
thanks for your answer.
Tried playing it, but kinda was disappointed by the boss dmg. Always had my secondary setup with CwC and Fire Storm, which dealt more dmg, than my discharge.
Now I finally decided to play discharge with CwC, which is pretty nice. No mana issues any more, so I can fit in HoA, AA and blasphemy warlords. And still can cast as much as I want.
My Gear is not the best atm and I'm trying to 5Link Realm Ender, but no luck atm.

Still it feels pretty nice atm and I hope to be able to kill Guardians and Shaper with this :D
We'll see

My Endtree will kinda look like this: http://poeurl.com/bOAn
But dunno.
It's just hard to fit in all the uniques and still be resi capped ...
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Mar 6, 2018, 8:48:00 PM
Realm Ender is pretty nice for damage but i wouldn't recommend CWC as discharge gets less damage when triggered and if you wanna trigger it there are better options then CWC (Mjölner or cast on crit for example)

also you probably need more endurance charges for it to feel good, i use 2 kaom rings (still need to upgrade to kaoms Way) and a corrupted belt with +1 charge

also dont try to kill bosses with discharge when you are not an attack based trigger build. use another fire skill for that, like i said a great option is denotate dead. for corpse generation desecrate + spell echo + fc.
i also found a way to free up you chest slot: just use detonate dead in nyctas lantern and discharge in frostferno, then you could even run kaoms heart or any other chest you like that doesn't require many links

also for map clearing realm ender isnt really that great as you cant move fast without shield charge (or any other movement skill), i would recommend a shield with nyctas,
today i found a catalyst on my first aziri run and am now using that - feels even better! have to use detonate dead in the chest slot but still great damage

a shield and something like frostferno also helps with the resists, kingsguard is a weird choice too as you dont trigger discharge that often, use something rare with resists and life for now, that should feel better

regards
imagine peace
Last edited by satori7 on Mar 8, 2018, 5:32:32 AM
CoC has the Problem, that you need either cospris or tons of crit :D
Mjölner has limited sockets and high attribute requirements.
With a 6 link realm ender I get a lot more out of it.
CwC gives 3 casts per second, solves my mana issue and triggers alot.

Kingsguard is pretty nice, like an instant flask every 0,4-1 seconds. Keeps me alive. And I dont need the Doryanis leech.

I just wanted to use discharge without other spell gems, so I tried to make it possible. Sadly selfcast discharge sucks vs bosses, with CwC it's ok.
After Voll's devotion it will be great cause, incinerate + romiras gives tons of power charges, PC produce End charges and I hope to get more fully stacked explosions.
In Selfcast I have 1 Explosion per Second, cause bad Castspeed. Trigger gems give me 3 Explosions, so the 35% less dmg are not that impactful.

Kaom's way and +1 belt are in progress, but need Voll's first. Frostferno is nice, and I wanted to play it, as it had +6 to discharge +4 is nice, but realm Ender gives 2 more sockets, so more dmg.

Movement is a thing, no Fortfify and no fast clearing. But I get used to it, not that bad :D Maybe I'll use Lightning warp, fast casting, less duration sooner or later, but atm adrenalin Quicksilver is ok.

How do you fix resistances with you build? Tons of 10% to all res jewels?
Thx for your help so far :)
mmh how does Incinerate work with Romiras? do you get a power charge for every non-crit projectile it fires? if so it should be crazy good with discharge and volls amulet!

all in all realm ender should be more discharge damage ofc but you trade it for movement, still a great choice i think

yea i fixed resistances with some jewels as long as my rares are so bad :D

oh btw cwc isn't only 35% less but a lot more cause you lose 2 sockets (cwc + incinerate/scorching ray) for discharge, idk if the trigger-skill counteracts the lost damage,
discharge selfcast in a 6-link realm ender would be pretty insane damage^^

maybe i'll give kingsguard a try, it isn't the most expensive item on the market and seems to work in your case!

oh and if you wanna try something a little bit different check out this reddit thread: click me!
imagine peace
"
satori7 wrote:
mmh how does Incinerate work with Romiras? do you get a power charge for every non-crit projectile it fires? if so it should be crazy good with discharge and volls amulet!

Yes, Incinerate produces one charge per hit with romiras which is pretty insane. All Discharges with 9 end charges and sometimes 3 power. And thats still better than 1 Discharge a second without penalty.
On the other hand I had lots of mana troubles with a 5 Link Discharge on realm Ender. The 7 Link would be like 200 mana per cast, which I cant sustain at all. Guess you would need some vaal clarity or support char for this (or spec a lot into mana and mana regen)

After I got my 30 ms boots and adrenaline quicksilver I feel pretty fast :D But yes kinda can't keep up with a bow raider oder spark inqui, still good clear and fast mapping. Maybe I'll add in vaal haste.

Upgraded my gear a bit. Now the only things missing are 6-Link realm ender and kaom's ring upgrade + uber lab, but I'm unlucky with trials ... maybe I'll use death's door boots too, but dunno if it's worth to loose life and some resis for 1 end charge and bleed immunity.

But so far I can do T10 maps without any problems. Dunno how red maps will be :D

Loosing 2 Links + 35% less is pretty rough, but I still think it's the only way to do bosses with discharge.
And Kingsguard makes you absolutely immortal, except to stunlock, freezes oder oneshots. But 2700hp heal per second is sick + 10% life reg, good armor and 9 end charges.
Think soon I'll be tanky enough to try some hard stuff, maybe even guardians. Just wanna hit 6k life first :D

The burning variant is nice, but I think you loose a lot of dmg, cause burning got so shitty ._.
Last edited by Lord_Amandus on Mar 12, 2018, 7:05:39 AM
utilize scold's bridle with Blight or Charged Dash + Storm Barrier, this will provide about 5 power and endurance charges a second.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info