Deadeye in 3.2: now bow viable?

I've been away for a while and just came back to see that ascendancies have been reworked, but it looks like pathfinder and raider are still really strong compared to deadeye - or would anyone here make deadeye builds?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2018, 4:02:27 PM
I will make a deadeye build for 3.2

About ascendancy i am thinking gathering winds->Fast and Deadly->Far shot->Endless munitions (i don't want to pick chain because i won't be able to kill atziri/uber atziri and i want to do all content.

Probably i'll use Death's Opus until i find a gg harbinger with high physical and a rare quiver with elemental damage and life. I will convert 40% from tree to cold and i will play ice shot/barrage so in order to convert my barrage i will use PtL.

My gems would probably be
Ice shot-Wed-Added cold-GmP-Mirage Archer-chain(maybe i won't need chain if i have 1 or 2 Threshold jewels)

Barrage-gmp-wed-added cold-PtL-increased critical strikes/ele focus/cold penetration(i'll see what fits
better).
I am considering if i'll pick frenzy charges but i think it's really good for fast map clear.

Also i think i'll use Frenzy-cast on critical strike support-assasins mark-increased critical strikes to generate frenzy and power charges on bosses.

What are your thoughts?
Deadeye should be a very viable base choice for bows, if the skills stay the same (patch notes!).

There are plenty of other good options for bows (Pathfinder, Raider, Scion Slayer-Deadeye, even Trickster, Assassin for the poison route), it really depends on your gear choices. Are you looking for Kaom's or QotF playstyle? Shaper/Elder/Guardians or pure map clear or a bit of both? What about flask sustain, hp-pool, utility, Ms... Are you playing solo or with a support?

Same with the deadeye-tree. I'd say

1+2) Gathering winds (maybe the 2-3. best two-pointer in the game?)

3+4) fast and deadly (the accuracy boost alone is extremy strong with a typical ranger tree. Damage+Attack speed + huge Blink Arrow QoL on top of that? Wow.)

5-8) Hard to tell:

a) Far Shot + Chain is very strong for clear but gives up a lot of boss dmg / barrage viability.

b) Far Shot + Endless Munitions is a decent all-around choice. It's very strong early on (pre dying sun, +1 Quiver and Barrage enchant). Not sure about the late game (+1 arrow isn't THAT powerful with all the other extra arrows, +200 accuracy isn't much [--->> (3+4)] and Far Shot is of limited use for your barrage+PB combo. There are other minor inconveniences coming along with this path (You have to use TS+pierce//IS-chain or at least the 3-pointer on the right side for clear. The sustain is a bit lackluster without LGOH+overleech as in 3.1 (no patchnotes yet).

c) Far Shot + Powerful precision -- this one is quite competitive with good gear. (Better clear, slightly worse singletarget). Then again, I'm not the greatest fan of Far Shot.

d) Powerful Precision + Rupture -- I like this one the most. The very strong damage (it's safe to say that all notable enemies will be bleeding. That way we get 180% inc. crit chance and 40% inc crit multi from the four nodes) is combined with a decent defensive buff (LgoH). The sustain part is a bit awkward anyway (since 3.1) and is THE reason why Slayer/Scion bow was a popular choice last league.

I'd say b) or d) without knowing your preferences.
Last edited by juerk on Feb 28, 2018, 11:27:45 AM
Probably i'd stick with b) but i'm thinking that if i go for point blank far shot is useless and i want to melt bosses. so i'm not sure if that's the best option for that.
Btw i'm not sure about the Rupture because i think it will be useless because my build would be elemental.
Last edited by GLADIATORGR on Feb 28, 2018, 11:44:47 AM
"
GLADIATORGR wrote:
Probably i'd stick with b) but i'm thinking that if i go for point blank far shot is useless and i want to melt bosses. so i'm not sure if that's the best option for that.

That's the issue I was talking about. With the two-pointers reversed it's a different story and deadeye is immediately trickster-tier.
"
GLADIATORGR wrote:
Btw i'm not sure about the Rupture because i think it will be useless because my build would be elemental.

It really doesn't matter. It's all about the dmg boost vs the bleeding enemies, not the damage WITH bleeding.
Last edited by juerk on Feb 28, 2018, 11:55:25 AM
So if i go with the d) option and point blank would it be consistent the 25% bleed ? or should i take the 2 points in the Heavy Draw so it would make it 50% chance. Let's say for shaper/uber atziri, would that help at all?
"
GLADIATORGR wrote:
So if i go with the d) option and point blank would it be consistent the 25% bleed ? or should i take the 2 points in the Heavy Draw so it would make it 50% chance. Let's say for shaper/uber atziri, would that help at all?

I'm not sure..I think it may be worth it with something like Death's Opus (if you are converting and not stacking too much flat ele). The nodes in itself are pretty bad for every single bow builds, but maybe the extra 25% is indeed worth it as I'm thinking about this.

It's too inefficient for a windripper and the doomfletch people are using chance to bleed anyway.

How is the interaction of barrage / extra arrows in general with bleed infliction? If all barrage projectiles can inflict bleeding, you can forget what I have written above, because the target will be bled (with 30-40 projs/sec shooting at it).
"
juerk wrote:
"
GLADIATORGR wrote:

I'm not sure..I think it may be worth it with something like Death's Opus (if you are converting and not stacking too much flat ele). The nodes in itself are pretty bad for every single bow builds, but maybe the extra 25% is indeed worth it as I'm thinking about this.

It's too inefficient for a windripper and the doomfletch people are using chance to bleed anyway.

How is the interaction of barrage / extra arrows in general with bleed infliction? If all barrage projectiles can inflict bleeding, you can forget what I have written above, because the target will be bled (with 30-40 projs/sec shooting at it).

Yeah i am thinking about Death's opus until i find a 400-500 pdps harbinger bow build. In general i will stack physical damage and i will convert that to elemental. I think barrage/extra arrows will inflict bleed with every arrow, but not sure tho.
Sorry to hijack, does anyone have a bow build for Deadeye that I could follow? I've never played a bow build before and I'd like to for this league.

I'm looking for TS/Barrage if possible?
"
SirLimbo wrote:
Sorry to hijack, does anyone have a bow build for Deadeye that I could follow? I've never played a bow build before and I'd like to for this league.

I'm looking for TS/Barrage if possible?

me2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info