3.1 Trickster (buffed in 3.2 because trickster) Kintsugi RF+SR MoM Cyclone Dyadus

My first build 'guide' (likely my last one too), mostly because some peeps on reddit asked me. No fancy formatting or anything.

Build concept:

wearing Kintsugi, you take 20% less damage if you weren't hit recently. this means any DoT damage including RF/any other DoTs, traps, etc.

well, what do you do if you don't want to get hit ? yes, get dodge and evasion. people who say 'be ranged' are cheating. we are going to take acrobatics and phase acrobatics as well as run vaal grace on a RF character. Kintsugi also synergizes well with the lab boot enchant that kicks in if you were hit in the last 4 seconds. We will be using MoM as our secondary pool with insane mana regen from patient reaper to refill fast when we're hit. cyclone as free skill will keep us moving to benefit from 'when moving' bonuses

Dyadus makes chilled enemies take 100% increased burning damage. if Dyadus is in your offhand you chill any enemy for 1s. Well, Cyclone alternates weapons and can inflict such chills no problem.

rest of gear (pretty finished character, not much can be done via upgrades) from abyss:

Spoiler

jewels
Spoiler

tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAASzBbUI9AkgDkgRLREvEmkWbxa_FxwYPBhWGGoaOBzcHRQi9CP2JogmlScvKPorCiycMHEwfDLRNZI2PTfUOVI6QjrYPAU8LTy2QYdDyEVHRXxFnUlPS3hNklBCUUdTNVNSVEdVS1ZIWAdauVugXfJh4mKsZlRo8mpDbAtsjG0ZcXl8DnyDgLOCm4LHg1-DzIUyhXuLDow2jX2Nv48aj0aQVZFHkyeXLZeXmK2aO5rgm6Gdqp7En9-hL6IAo6OmvqcIp1W0OLTFtzC3PriTvKq86r0nvorAZsLs1CPYJNi92jvdqONq5RnoWutj6-7sOO0_73zwH_no-tL79f4K?accountName=grepman&characterName=RFKintsugiTankyAF

Note: this build is built around micromanaging mana degen and is NOT a set/forget build like regular RF, though most of the time it can be. it also encourages far more active playstyle with cyclone, leap slam, rallying cry, oos+worm flask, and SR on totem

Q: how far can you take this build ?
A: I've done all the highest level content with it. uber atziri, shaper, guardians, red tier elder, HoTGM. It's not as super safe as some other RF routes but its also pretty powerful on its own.

Q: why do this if I can go chieftain/jugg and have more life with less micromanaging ?
A: to do something different and active

Q: can you do this in SSF ?
A: I dont recommend it. the uniques required arent too rare, but specific uniques are never a good thing to recommend in SSF

Q: how do you level ?
A: I do it by using SR, then SR+CWC+Glacial Cascade

Q: no, really, how do you level ?
A: no, really, try SR+CWC+GC. Ive leveled 3 tricksters this way, two in SSFHC mayhem races. fairly safe due to GC chill/freeze

Q: why dark seer ? leap slam with it is super slow
A: it gives a ton of life, mana, gives global blind without abyss jewels and 50% generic + 20 ele damage; however if you wanna go fast on easy maps weapon swap to brightbeak, trickster speed will have you leaping really fast

Q: can you do it on another class ?
A: yes, ascendant: trickster+whatever. but you will have a lot more issues with mana. your cyclone wont be free and if you go oom bad things might happen.

Q: essence worm required ?
A: yes

Q: any bossing swaps ?
A: yes, on t16s/red elder/shaper/uber trio or vaals take out blasphemy, put enfeeble/flammability on manual curse, you'll have a fuckton of mana. you also take out witchfire brew and put on taste of hate (if you have money) or basalt

Q: why rallying cry and spirited response ?
A: rallying cry is great damage + mana regen boost. spirited response is super underrated and is affected by patient reaper. it's quite noticeable on large hits

Q: seems like an expensive build with not much of a ceiling...
A: toon is kinda maxed out and yes, lack of ceiling in terms of damage is RF's bane

Q: does the build struggle on something?
A: shaper/uber fight the damage can be a tiny bit lacking. this will change with 3.2

Q: you have a shaped stygian belt and a tombfist. how do you make up the loss of these jewels ?
A: nothing special. just try to have one onslaught jewel for clear. you can afford to lose one life+mana+life regen when moving jewel

Q: life regen while moving ?
A: we'll be using cyclone and moving a ton, so we'll have tons of regen

Q: watchers eye can be expensive
A: its not required, watchers eye can be something that makes you degen mana too much. if youre using clarity watchers eye with more damage to mana, you probably will need shaped belt with mana recovery

Q: about that shaped belt with mana recovery...
A: just dont bother with it until youve got a clarity watchers eye

Q: are tombfists required ?
A: nope, you do lose out on mana/regen, but rare gloves are just fine to start off.

Q: your helm is expensive
A: yes, and if you want max dps, you wanna get a helm like that first and foremost. unlike the essenced ones that sell for 25ex these sell fairly cheap because a lot of people dont know less duration works with RF

Q: level 21 pof required ?
A: for endgame yes, get it ASAP along with the helm

Q: affixes for rares ?
A: life, mana regen/mana/resists

Q: can I wear biscos ?
A: no. get out. you want a 1.5 regen amulet, either marble or elder. you want mana regen and mana on it as well

Q: boots important ?
A: you want to aim at any boots with 2% regen enchant and then atziris step with that enchant. I chose the boots in my gear section mostly because I could put leap slam on without removing LGOH from setup

Q: so whats the main gameplay loop ?
A: you cyclone packs, being acro+evasion heavy, vaal grace and with blasphemy enfeeble and perma blind, you will be very hard to hit. dyadus makes them take a ton damage. you will slow with your chill. you will regain ton of mana with rallying cry/max clarity/spirited response, trickster %chance to gain mana on skill use (cyclone)

Q: why do you have oos linked to ele prolif ?
A: to shock bosses for full shock values using the worm flask

Q: wait what ? worm flask ?
A: yes, you proc patient reaper, can get charges and also have a very good chance to shock the worm and shock the boss for max shock effect since worm has one life only

Q: 3.2 nodes ?
A: same nodes as now, just add the crazy node with 10% reduced dot damage taken and 15% more dot damage

Q: kintsugi + escape artist = ll rf goodness ?
A: Ive done some numbers and I think it will be a lot more expensive/hard to do and Im not sure it will be worth it...you will have to use esh's visage, which then snowballs the whole LL thing into pseudo LL and you cant use prism guardian...its complicated

Q: worth it to 6L scorching ray ?
A: depends if you have free sockets. if yes, then yes.

Q: how hard is it to 5 or 6 offcolor a kintsugi ?
A: with vorici jeweler method, its really not that much. if youre trying for 6 offcolors though, you might get unlucky on the last one. if its 5, its easy as last one will always be green for you

Q: pantheon ?
A: araakali/abberath, but solaris is also very very good for tougher boss fights and worth considering if boss doesnt have many adds or has a lot of hard hitting aoe nukes

Q: glove enchant:
A: spite. always spite.

Q: bandits ?
A: alira when leveling, then switch to kill all for 2 passives

Q: video ?
A: maybe, soon
Last edited by grepman on Feb 27, 2018, 3:57:14 AM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2018, 6:24:01 PM
Is fire damage to attacks on Dyadus make EE work not perfect?
"
Is fire damage to attacks on Dyadus make EE work not perfect?
dyadus in offhand deals cold damage only

you CAN do dual dyadus for top tier bosses if damage feels a bit inadequate (honestly only times Ive had that issue was third phase shaper and some uber atziri times) and put brutality on cyclone so it doenst screw up EE

but you lose 300+ life, 400 mana and global blind+ ~70% ele damage from dark seer

thanks for reading ! I will try to put out a video before 3.2 hits and then comparison video with 3.2 changes

Ive done this build twice two leagues in a row so Im trying something else to start 3.2- probably jugg tectonic or SST deadeye. but Ill be happy to answer any questions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info