Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

'surprise, I got you a cursed sword that never shuts up and wants to burn you to death!'

'oh, honey, you shouldn't have.'
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
"
'surprise, I got you a cursed sword that never shuts up and wants to burn you to death!'

he already had to sit in front of me in Japanese class for 3 years in a row so i think he's not too worried about it *<:^)
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Weeb been through some shit, eh? Well, I hope he likes it. if not, easy 110 chaos.

LOL just saw on poe.trade for 10 exalts. three white sockets. Nice.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Spoiler
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:
I got my third sword the other day at level 8.7; it has a terrible roll IIRC 8.5%, but that's Ok. I keep running my last scion a few times a day. That one has a tabula!

At this point i will be pleased with any shite rolled OG ;)

Btw all my OG farm characters are now lvl 8. I will end this attempt when all are at 30% towards lvl 9.

I suspect GGG has made it less likely to spawn U-Hillock to fight bot farmers, so legit players are competing with scripts, which is not good ;)
I wish you luck. If you stop your farming before you get one sword. Let me know. :)

Finally got the sword on my Templar.

https://imgur.com/a/NpPIXWJ

Played:

Marauder: 4hr 49 min (lvl 8, + 21%):
-no ms boots // killed only 2-4 mobs direct on his way since lvl 7 after rushing to Hillock

Witch: 4hrs 20 min (lvl 8, + 34%):
-no ms boot as well // same as scion rushed to Hillock since lvl 7 and only killed mobs in her direct way along the shore

Scion:3hrs 42 min (lvl 8, + 30%):
-10 ms boots // rushed to Hillock since lvl 7 and only killed nearby mobs on her way

Templar: 4hrs 20 min (lvl 8, + 23%)
-wanderlust boots // killed a lot of trash till lvl 8 but afterwards same as Marauder

Unique collection sorted by character

Marauder
Spoiler

Witch
Spoiler

Scion
Spoiler

Templar
Spoiler

Got bad RNG this time as i usually saw him in early lvl 7s.

His damage is a big as i remember and had no trouble face tanking him with my Templar thanks to a lot of zombie spawns and chilling him every 3rd or 6th melee swing.

I would do it again but go with 4 Scions to make the process faster like in my last farm run.
I intentionally started with 4 different classes for variety to not bore me out too fast.

Good luck for other OG hunters, you will get it sooner (lvl6 with luck) or later (early 9s).

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 8, 2020, 11:05:10 PM
"
YoRasta wrote:
So after which level I should only kill hillock and not clearing the beach?

"
ChanBalam wrote:

I full cleared up to 8.0 and then ran direct. We don't know how the probability of Uber Hillock showing changes at 8.0, so starting earlier may work well. The earliest I would start the direct runs is 7.75 or so.

Wasting time.

During Harvest my first OG dropped at 7, second at 8.

And about items around OG - i had this one idea about (probably) shield possesed by Demon who wnats to eat OG so it hunts for Her consuming any unique item that it faces during that hunt (for power off course). But never put mind into it, just playing with ideas.
Last edited by de99ial on Oct 11, 2020, 2:10:09 AM
"

At least this is the only intelligent sword. Jack, The Axe is barely good for a few simple phrases.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
de99ial wrote:
"
YoRasta wrote:

"
ChanBalam wrote:

I full cleared up to 8.0 and then ran direct. We don't know how the probability of Uber Hillock showing changes at 8.0, so starting earlier may work well. The earliest I would start the direct runs is 7.75 or so.

Full clearing is never a good idea at all. Never waste time going into the alcoves. Just zigzag up the main beach. By the time you get to level 7 then take a more direct route with some minor zigzagging. By level 8 you should be running mostly straight up the beach to Hillock. Ignore the Sand Spitters unless one shot or swing can kill 2 or more otherwise it's a waste of time for hardly any xp. If you have the full 4 OG farmer rotation then go directly to Hillock and only shoot at targets of opportunity that don't slow you down (much). If a 3 farmer rotation you have a few extra seconds for killing more zombies. By level 7 you should be getting under 1 minute Hillock kills and by 8 easily 45 second Hillock kills or better. By this time you should have gotten some kind of speed boots. Lastly, don't forget that you should never wear a chest armor, that just slows you down until you find Uber Hillock. Then put it on.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
"
YoRasta wrote:

"
ChanBalam wrote:

Full clearing is never a good idea at all. Never waste time going into the alcoves. Just zigzag up the main beach. By the time you get to level 7 then take a more direct route with some minor zigzagging. By level 8 you should be running mostly straight up the beach to Hillock. Ignore the Sand Spitters unless one shot or swing can kill 2 or more otherwise it's a waste of time for hardly any xp. If you have the full 4 OG farmer rotation then go directly to Hillock and only shoot at targets of opportunity that don't slow you down (much). If a 3 farmer rotation you have a few extra seconds for killing more zombies. By level 7 you should be getting under 1 minute Hillock kills and by 8 easily 45 second Hillock kills or better. By this time you should have gotten some kind of speed boots. Lastly, don't forget that you should never wear a chest armor, that just slows you down until you find Uber Hillock. Then put it on.
Since getting a sword is most likely at level 8 or later, my thinking is is how to accumulate experience points as quickly as possible. My experience with runners is that at level 7 killing zombies gives one enough extra points to make it worth while and gets you to level 8 faster. The crux is how many many zombies do you need to not kill in order to save enough time to earn you another run and make up the lost points by an extra Hillock kill. The variety of map layouts and distribution of zombies can make a difference. IIRC at level 7 a zombie is worth 5 points and Hillock 48.
Does anyone know what the average number of zombies there are in a TS run? Somewhere up thread I posted a bunch of math on this.

I guess some enterprising player could look for an answer by running 4 scions and

Have two full clear zombies up to level 7 then go straight for Hillock and see how long it takes to get to level 8

Then the other two would full clear zombies up to level 7.75 before going to Hillock direct.

They could see which pair gets to level 8 first.

"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
The question here, I think, is whether there is an additional increased chance of getting Uber Hillock at level 8 or not. My guess is that there is one bumped increased chance at spawning UH at level 7 and not any additional increase to that chance later when going up to level 8.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
ChanBalam wrote:

I guess some enterprising player could look for an answer by running 4 scions and

Have two full clear zombies up to level 7 then go straight for Hillock and see how long it takes to get to level 8

Then the other two would full clear zombies up to level 7.75 before going to Hillock direct.

They could see which pair gets to level 8 first.

This won't work. You have to run your chars in sequence to clear the instance thus all 4 characters will have the same number of runs and obviously the full clear ones will hit 8 first.

You need to do 2 completely separate runs with different sets of characters starting a lvl 1 to get an accurate result.

"
Turtledove wrote:
The question here, I think, is whether there is an additional increased chance of getting Uber Hillock at level 8 or not. My guess is that there is one bumped increased chance at spawning UH at level 7 and not any additional increase to that chance later when going up to level 8.

IIRC there is an increase in spawn chance between lvl 7 and 8, but the increase is pretty small. I can't remember what my source for that info was so take it for what it's worth.

If anybody is looking for the most efficient way to farm OG just go here https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Oni-Goroshi and watch the embedded video in the "Item acquisition" section. My experience is that if you play efficiently and stick to that guide you can farm OG in about 6 hrs starting from lvl 1 (even though the guide itself says 8 hrs).
Last edited by beaniac on Oct 12, 2020, 2:24:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info